DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Zacchino wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:23 am Hello Jurgen!

Is there a Wiki or Manual somewhere so that I can try to create a Driven by Moss for Bitwig "profile" for the M-Audio Code 49?
(There's no M-Audio controllers in Driven by Moss's List, even in the latest version for Bitwig 4.3 if I recall correctly).
Not sure if I understood what you are asking for, if you want to create your own script simply store it in your own GitHub account.
If you ask about a Generic Flexi setup sharing place, no there is no such thing since there was no real demand for it.

@Moss,

Oh sorry I wasn't clear enough:
Driven by Moss doesn't support M-Audio Code 49, and I want to make it happen.
1. If it's possible, is there Doc or Example code for me to start?
2. If not, what workaround do I have?

PS: I tried "Generic + 8 Knob" and others, but the Transport buttons doesn't work (it's my main concern), nor do the "Mute/Solo" buttons below the 8+1 Volume Faders (+Master Volume), nor does the X/Y Pad, and some other small details.

PS: (side subject) What would be your favorite / most compatible and practical 49 or 61 Keys Keyboard Controller for Bitwig in your opinion?

A bit tight on time, but will be sharing my own Bitwig TouchOSC template here: https://github.com/TommyC81/TouchOSC

It was initially based on the (old/legacy) TouchOSC template that comes with DrivenByMoss, but was changed quite heavily. Got a lot of the basics working pretty well, but many rough spots as I've simply not gotten to it yet. If time permits, I'll make a video but for the most part it should be self-explanatory.

Some screenshots:
DrivenByMossOSC - Bitwig - v2022-09-16 - Mixer.png
DrivenByMossOSC - Bitwig - v2022-09-16 - Remote.png
DrivenByMossOSC - Bitwig - v2022-09-16 - Clips.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Moss,

A little follow up on my last message, with a video describing the unresponsive push whenever an audio track is selected and the push is in note mode (here the recmel track is an audio track). As you can see, if the note mode is selected the push display is freezing for a while (it is sometimes way longer than in the video). I found a workaround trying to have mostly midi/hybrid tracks to avoid this problem, but it is still getting me from time to times.

Also I found that in the sequencer mode, the triplet default note lengths should probably be shorten a bit, because of this problem (and btw the knob mapped to the note length is super sensitive for a reason).

Finally I found a strange bug in the browser. When navigating some presets (and more importantly when navigating clips/samples), the presets selection menu is mixed with the parent browser menu, which makes some presets/samples unselectable, and in the end make the push impossible to use for browsing in these cases.

I hope my videos are not too bad, don't hesitate if you need me to provide you more details about how to reproduce the bugs, or to record other videos.

In any case, thanks a lot for this amazing script :)

Edit: and also I have no idea on how difficult it would be to add, but it would be very handy to have some light (the play button ?) blinking to indicate the first beat of bar, that would allow to launch a clip record without looking to the screen or activating the metronome (which is really not sexy on a live performance)

Hi Moss!

ISSUE
Seem to have duplicate DrivenByMoss drivers in the drop down.
Strange bug with Moss Driver and Launch Control XL

When I initially add the driver I am able to use and setup User templates 1-8, but 9-16 factory templates are not responsive. Then I try and select the driver again and strange behavior happens. I am then able to use the factory templates 9-16, but not the user templates.

VIDEO
I have provided a video with more details.
https://youtu.be/VTPlhXNs-HI

SYSTEM
OSX 10.14.6
Bitwig 4.3.8
API Version 17
DrivenByMoss 17.6.0

Really appreciate your time and help Moss.

Thanks!

Zacchino wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:22 am @Moss,

Oh sorry I wasn't clear enough:
Driven by Moss doesn't support M-Audio Code 49, and I want to make it happen.
1. If it's possible, is there Doc or Example code for me to start?
2. If not, what workaround do I have?

PS: I tried "Generic + 8 Knob" and others, but the Transport buttons doesn't work (it's my main concern), nor do the "Mute/Solo" buttons below the 8+1 Volume Faders (+Master Volume), nor does the X/Y Pad, and some other small details.

PS: (side subject) What would be your favorite / most compatible and practical 49 or 61 Keys Keyboard Controller for Bitwig in your opinion?
Look into Generic Flexi (also part of DrivenByMoss), many tutorials on my Youtube channel.

The Novation SLMkIII is a pretty good bet.

osaga wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:59 pm Hi Moss!

ISSUE

When I initially add the driver I am able to use and setup User templates 1-8, but 9-16 factory templates are not responsive. Then I try and select the driver again and strange behavior happens. I am then able to use the factory templates 9-16, but not the user templates.

VIDEO

SYSTEM
OSX 10.14.6
Bitwig 4.3.8
API Version 17
DrivenByMoss 17.6.0

Thanks!
Some confusion here:
What you want to select is Novation->LaunchControl XL from the controller list. There are also 2 entries for this since there is also a stock implementation from Bitwig.
If you select the Generic Flexi, which is for any controller which speaks MIDI, you will see the 2 other matching implementations, too.

Greetings..thanks for all the great work. I have a problem and a question please.

I get a crash as soon as I use your extension..as in touch anything on the controller. I know this is an older device, but i really like it. Am using your latest .bwextension for bitwig 3.3 i am running (12..3.2). running windows 10. I did a search here and saw this was reported earlier but didnt see a solution. I have it properly set up. here is the message
"KK s61 mk1 crashed - Begin 72, End144, Length 72"
The controller functions normally in KK standalone and in Bitwig with either the factory Template 1 or Bitwig Template.

Do you have a fix for me?

Also, it would be great if you have a template for this device written that I could just load into the KK Controller Editor and then use in Bitwig, by scrolling through the templates on the device..Is there such a thing or does this not work that way

I;m happily using your extension on my Launchpad X w. no issues. Thanks for any help. Ed

moss wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:15 pm
osaga wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:59 pm Hi Moss!

ISSUE

VIDEO

SYSTEM
OSX 10.14.6
Bitwig 4.3.8
API Version 17
DrivenByMoss 17.6.0

Thanks!
Some confusion here:
What you want to select is Novation->LaunchControl XL from the controller list. There are also 2 entries for this since there is also a stock implementation from Bitwig.
If you select the Generic Flexi, which is for any controller which speaks MIDI, you will see the 2 other matching implementations, too.
I see. Thanks Moss. As a feature request it would be great for the 1-8 User templates to be configured as in Flexi to work alongside the 9-16 Factory templates to be used with all the features you added. Not sure if that's possible, but would be the best of both worlds.

Also, where to make a donation to the project?

Regards!

nobadmojo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:52 pm Greetings..thanks for all the great work. I have a problem and a question please.

I get a crash as soon as I use your extension..as in touch anything on the controller. I know this is an older device, but i really like it. Am using your latest .bwextension for bitwig 3.3 i am running (12..3.2). running windows 10. I did a search here and saw this was reported earlier but didnt see a solution. I have it properly set up. here is the message
The controller functions normally in KK standalone and in Bitwig with either the factory Template 1 or Bitwig Template.

Also, it would be great if you have a template for this device written that I could just load into the KK Controller Editor and then use in Bitwig, by scrolling through the templates on the device..Is there such a thing or does this not work that way

I;m happily using your extension on my Launchpad X w. no issues. Thanks for any help. Ed
I am sorry but I can only support the latest releae.

osaga wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 am I see. Thanks Moss. As a feature request it would be great for the 1-8 User templates to be configured as in Flexi to work alongside the 9-16 Factory templates to be used with all the features you added. Not sure if that's possible, but would be the best of both worlds.
Uh, that would be hard to do and a big settings mess.
Still you can map the user area to anything in Bitwig with the normal mapping procedure.
osaga wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 am Also, where to make a donation to the project?
There is a "Thanks" button under all videos on my Youtube channel.

moss wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:35 am
nobadmojo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:52 pm Greetings..thanks for all the great work. I have a problem and a question please.

I am sorry but I can only support the latest releae.
Thx for getting back to me. I understand.

Hello Moss,

My name is Wayne...
I recently sent a crash report to Bitwig and received the following reply from @bitwig.com

Hi,

We received a crash report from you. It appears you are using some kind of Driven by moss extension that is making use of unsafe code for using some kind of HID device (mouse, game pad etc). If this is the case please report this to the author of the extension and stop using it in the meantime. You could also try updating that extension and see if that fixes the problem.
-----------------------

Moss,

I'm using your DrivenByMoss v17.6.0 with Komplete Kontrol 2 v7.2 to run my S88 keyboard. Also, I just updated to Bitwig 4.3.8 (maybe that's the problem?) and whereas I'm a lot more musician than techie, I'm following Bitwig's advice to reach out to you. Your extension is a real positive game changer, so any expert help you have to remedy this situation is much appreciated.

Thank you Moss! Cheers :-)

Wayne

iMac: OS Catalina v.10.15.7
Processor: 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Bitwig: 4.3.8
DrivenByMoss: 17.6.0
Komplete 2: 7.2
NI S88 Keyboard
Last edited by mauiwayne on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:07 pm Look into Generic Flexi (also part of DrivenByMoss), many tutorials on my Youtube channel.
The Novation SLMkIII is a pretty good bet.
Thanks so, so much for the help!
(and sorry for making you repeat yourself... as I bet it's the millionth time you've replied to this kind of question)

That said for some reasons, the Code 49's Transports button aren't detected at all... And yet they work fine in Reason.

Zacchino wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:07 am That said for some reasons, the Code 49's Transports button aren't detected at all... And yet they work fine in Reason.
They might send MMC commands (Midi Machine Control). There are settings to make Bitwig respond to them…

Return to “Controller Scripting”