Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 am
Not only smug and rude, but cultish AF.

"That's not a 'smug' attitude, it's a Studio One attitude."

LMAO. I can't even...
Their posts read like marketing copy, with some rudeness sprinkled in.

Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:07 am
BONES wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:37 am I think there is some handy stuff in the upgrade, but no upgrade is worth $150. If it was $79, I wouldn't even have bothered looking at what is in it, I would have just paid my money. $150 requires some radical, big new features that I can't live without.
$115 any good to ya' ?
If you have any of their coin things you can drop the price a bit more

https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_ ... pdate.html
Thta's too much. This is less than a Cubase 0.5 Update, and Steinberg sells those for $60. Even the Cubase "Upgrades" have more than this, easily, and they're only $100.

This for $115 is laughable. For $150 it's kind of an insult.

If people want Fender to develop a good development plan moving forwards, paying Upgrade prices for Updates is absolutely not the way to set the precedent you want to guide them.
I got the cross-grade for the full Cubase for like $176. I didn't really get on with it though so sticking to Studio One for now. I do agree this does not seem like a big update, especially since they made it a more than a .5 update.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

GrabtharsHammer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:56 am My main gripe with S1 is its audio engine, and apparently that hasn't been reworked for V6. I am a guitar player and want to use my guitar amp sim plugins with low latency. In S1 I have to enable low latency monitoring to get that, but then my plugins aren't working as they should (for example they don't react to EQ or Gain changes). This results in constantly switching LLM on and off for playing guitar and tweaking settings, which is really annoying. Also Cubase 12 and Logic Pro are able to playback much more channels simultaneously on my M1 iMac - and that with half the buffer size I have to choose in S1. Meh.
This is a big one for me, and the main reason I've more or less moved away from Studio One. I thought something was broken the first time I turned on LLM and then found that all the amp sim controls had become unresponsive. I always liked S1 (the chord and arrangement tracks in particular make for a great workflow), but this is a real irritation that I don't have to live with in other DAWs.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 pm I'm starting to think that maybe Presonus did indeed allocate some of their human resources to a new "novice" DAW, as someone suggested some time ago here at Kvr. That would help to explain why V6 is looking so short in terms of new features and enhancements. Its development will slow down from now on, I guess.
Yes, I am starting to think that they perhaps indeed were foolish enough to do that instead of hiring the required additional personell. :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yeah, the audio engine is inefficient and buggy as hell. The main thing keeping me with it is Mix FX.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm I really don't understand why you always have to be so aggressive and rude with people around here.
It's always been like that and always will be:

Arrogance is a vain attempt at compensating a felt lack of quality in oneself.

Just from reading his posts you can be pretty sure that deep down inside he feels rather inadequate as a musician.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

People who live in glass houses, Jens...
Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:38 amSame, wrote them a letter.
Really? You couldn't just be a little bit patient? I've got mine now, no big deal.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm I really don't understand why you always have to be so aggressive and rude with people around here.
It's always been like that and always will be:

Arrogance is a vain attempt at compensating a felt lack of quality in oneself.

Just from reading his posts you can be pretty sure that deep down inside he feels rather inadequate as a musician.
Honestly I feel pretty darn inadequate as a musician but that is still no reason to be a #$%$.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

BONES wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:16 am People who live in glass houses, Jens...
Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:38 amSame, wrote them a letter.
Really? You couldn't just be a little bit patient? I've got mine now, no big deal.
I had a similar issue with Sweetwater. I bought Cubase crosgraid, and didn't receive a license number. No big deal... I will wait. 1,2,3, 4 days, no code. When I wrote them a letter, they told me that this was some kind a bug on their side, and gave me my code manually.

So, no need to be rude without a reason. I have my reason to ask from bestservice. What is your reason to think I have no pation?

I will not be even using S1 in next week or so. I have plenty time to wait. So, your assumption is incorrect.

All I've done is expressed my satisfaction with PreSonus as a company and what they've done with the awesome new version 6 of Studio One. But apparently that has made me a target to lash out at for a small group of people who are nursing their wounds over there being no clip looper added. Instead of attacking the messenger, stop trying to convince yourselves that Studio One is something it will never be. Use Bitwig and be happy.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:40 am All I've done is expressed my satisfaction with PreSonus as a company and what they've done with the awesome new version 6 of Studio One.
Nope, thtis is not all you have done - you basically insulted every one who desires different things for Studio One that you do and everyone who is unsatisfied with this new release as not being a "real musician" (whatever that means) and instead seeking to play with "toys at the kiddie table".

jamcat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:40 am All I've done is expressed my satisfaction with PreSonus as a company and what they've done with the awesome new version 6 of Studio One. But apparently that has made me a target to lash out at for a small group of people who are nursing their wounds over there being no clip looper added. Instead of attacking the messenger, stop trying to convince yourselves that Studio One is something it will never be. Use Bitwig and be happy.
Not one post I have seen mentions disappointment at no clip launcher, most just say the updates are not worth the money and are largely focused on making it simpler to use. No need to try and belittle other people or make out S1 is any more professional than any other DAW. You are professional if you make your living with music, irrespective of what tools you use...but no tool or new feature will very make you more professional.

The update pricing was a bit crazy on launch but seems to be around for more like $110 now (glad I waited) which is heading towards sane as you normally get a few more decent updates along the way to 7.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I wonder if they fixed the messy take-management... that would be a pre-requisite for me to finally start using Studio One seriously...

jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:47 am
jamcat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:40 am All I've done is expressed my satisfaction with PreSonus as a company and what they've done with the awesome new version 6 of Studio One.
Nope, thtis is not all you have done - you basically insulted every one who desires different things for Studio One that you do and everyone who is unsatisfied with this new release as not being a "real musician" (whatever that means) and instead seeking to play with "toys at the kiddie table".
You wanted PreSonus to add things to play with to Studio One, but like I've been saying, it was never going to happen. I've tried to tell you this from the beginning. That's not who PreSonus is. That's just how it is.

When I speak of a "real musician," I am speaking of someone who composes music with purpose. They hear the music they want to create, and they pursue that vision until they see it through. It is a very different endevour than that of a technician who tweaks knobs until something interesting happens. 90% of audio software already caters to the latter. After all, it's much more fun. The former is mostly just hard work and frustration, and requires very different tools. It's OK that there are still a few programs left that focus on that.

Instead of trying to turn Studio One into Bitwig, why not try to get Bitwig to copy the features in Studio One that you like?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Dude, we read what you wrote, no point in trying to talk yourself out of it after the fact...

besides: how on earth would you know what new features I want from Studio One?

As far as I remember the only thing I ever mentioned here desiring is a fix for
the super messy take-management... which basically diminishes its ability for professional useage
to a major degree.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”