Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

“Composes music with purpose”…. Almost as if electronic or current pop producers don’t and just simply tweak knobs at random???? Hahahaha

Get over it. People use S1 however they like… there is no incorrect way to make art and nothing wrong with people wanting certain features you don’t.
Don’t be mad.
Last edited by robdp on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You waited 7 years to post that? The race stuff is in really bad taste.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

All your posts are in really bad taste.
Chill out and get off your high horse with your holier than thou nonsense..

How is the cpu hit in v6? I'm still on version 4.6-ish and so long as it's not a crash fest and still stable, the cpu hit is basically the only other thing I care about.

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:57 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:13 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 am
Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 am Thta's too much. This is less than a Cubase 0.5 Update, and Steinberg sells those for $60. Even the Cubase "Upgrades" have more than this, easily, and they're only $100.

This for $115 is laughable. For $150 it's kind of an insult.

If people want Fender to develop a good development plan moving forwards, paying Upgrade prices for Updates is absolutely not the way to set the precedent you want to guide them.
Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 am Not only smug and rude, but cultish AF.

"That's not a 'smug' attitude, it's a Studio One attitude."

LMAO. I can't even...
Why don't you just move on dude?, it's not for you, then why be here?
Do you just like stirring shit?
You're just making yourself look stupid, been there done that, brought a T-Shirt and grew up.
Give it a try :tu:
Admins, please.

Let's keep it civil, *please*. We don't need another derailed thread by insulting people.

Psyclapse wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 am
Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:44 am For me sends are mostly an old relict from hardware times where people didn´t had 50 reverb devices to throw on every channel so there had to be a way to share they few they got...
On earlier computers it was necessary to save CPU... gone now too...
Economics isnt the only reason for sends to reverb, its used to achieve some cohesion or 'glue' between different instruments. You wont get that using a separate reverb on each track.
In most electronic genres I won´t get that with sends either...

This is a technique used more for traditional music and I already said in my first post:
While I won´t deny there are for sure many conventional producer using Studio One, for whom this might be a biggie... 8)

Do you think Studio One 6 will be in Black Friday sale? Or is it too new since it was just introduced?

I'm pretty sure that it's the latter.

Depends on how many people update I think, if its slow they may well throw in a BF sweetener...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Nah... there'll be enough people updating to not make it worth their while to lower the prices. ;)

Somebody created a BINGO card for the Studio One v6 release:

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

The way Jamcat explains what he said is EXACTLY how I read it. If you read it any other way, that's on you, not him. And you will notice below that I don't necessarily agree with what he said/says but I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with the way he said/says it.
Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 amWhat is your reason to think I have no pation?
My reason is that they explained up-front that there was a problem which would be solved ASAP, yet you didn't give them a chance to solve it. Regardless of your previous experience, that shows a complete lack of patience. If you've ever worked in retail, you'd understand how annoying customers who behave like that are, and that it's the kind of behaviour that gets you put at the back of the queue or gets your food spat in by the kitchen staff.
I will not be even using S1 in next week or so. I have plenty time to wait. So, your assumption is incorrect.
Then why create a hassle? Why not wait and see how long it takes them to fix the problem? After all, it was only a matter of a few hours and they probably had better things to do than reply to a pointless enquiry so, if anything, you made the process slower.
jamcat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:40 amAll I've done is expressed my satisfaction with PreSonus as a company and what they've done with the awesome new version 6 of Studio One.
I'm not sure I'd describe it as "awesome" but the more I look into it, the more worthwhile I think it is. I'm just not willing to pay $150 for it, especially at the current exchange rate. I'll see how I go with Artist 6 and wait for a sale on Pro upgrades.
jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 amI wonder if they fixed the messy take-management... that would be a pre-requisite for me to finally start using Studio One seriously...
It's a feature I've never used. It seems to me to solve a non-existent problem. I just do a take, delete the audio file from the track, record again, delete, record, etc. It all gets saved automatically, I never lose anything. That said, the layers workflow seems pretty solid, I should probably give it a go. Where do you see room for improvement?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Layers workflow in S1 is as solid as the one in Live 11.

The funny thing is, I know how to use it but rarely do. At least not for vocals. Three full takes. I'll take the best one and punch in where needed.

For short soli I'll use layers, highlight the best one, copy it to another track and deactivate the one with layers.

jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 am I wonder if they fixed the messy take-management... that would be a pre-requisite for me to finally start using Studio One seriously...
Messy take management?

found the answer to my question

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”