Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:17 am Somebody created a BINGO card for the Studio One v6 release:

:tu:

I miss "CLAP plz!" though.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulata wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:50 am
jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 am I wonder if they fixed the messy take-management... that would be a pre-requisite for me to finally start using Studio One seriously...
Messy take management?

Yeah... I laid it out in detail here:

viewtopic.php?t=571455

Until they fix that, I can't use Studio One for much more than just toying around as I have the habit of often re-recording certain elements in a song (I tend to first record a rought draft to get going (i.e. kind of the equivalent to what's been a demo-recording back in the day)), then record it for real later on. And then chances are I will redo certain bits, perhaps slightly change the lyrics here and there, yadda yadda
- not really possible in Studio One. Basically the take-management seems like a bad joke to me.
They should have a good look at Reason.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:52 am
soulata wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:50 am
jens wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 am I wonder if they fixed the messy take-management... that would be a pre-requisite for me to finally start using Studio One seriously...
Messy take management?

Yeah... I laid it out in detail here:

viewtopic.php?t=571455

Until they fix that, I can't use Studio One for much more than just toying around as I have the habit of often re-recording certain elements in a song (I tend to first record a rought draft to get going (i.e. kind of the equivalent to what's been a demo-recording back in the day)), then record it for real later on. And then chances are I will redo certain bits, perhaps slightly change the lyrics here and there, yadda yadda
- not really possible in Studio One. Basically the take-management seems like a bad joke to me.
They should have a good look at Reason.
Thanks. I'll read the thread later.

So, to sum it up, who already bought V6 and thought it was worth it? I'd like to know the reasons.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:43 pm So, to sum it up, who already bought V6 and thought it was worth it? I'd like to know the reasons.
I was able to obtain the Studio One 6 Pro upgrade license for a song, so the underwhelming nature of the 6.0 release does not bother me too much. I appreciate the various usability enhancements which shipped with the point-oh release, and I look forward to whatever upcoming enhancements that are put out between now and the last point release before version 7.0. For the price I paid for the update, I am content with what I got now and what I will eventually get in subsequent point releases.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:05 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:43 pm So, to sum it up, who already bought V6 and thought it was worth it? I'd like to know the reasons.
I was able to obtain the Studio One 6 Pro upgrade license for a song, so the underwhelming nature of the 6.0 release does not bother me too much. I appreciate the various usability enhancements which shipped with the point-oh release, and I look forward to whatever upcoming enhancements that are put out between now and the last point release before version 7.0. For the price I paid for the update, I am content with what I got now and what I will eventually get in subsequent point releases.
how did you get such a good price?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:07 pm how did you get such a good price?
I am employed by a university which qualified me to purchase the educational upgrade for Studio One 6 Pro. I took advantage of what was essentially a limited-time early-bird special to apply a discount code on top of the educational discount.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I was watching a YouTube video going through S1 6, and turns out I am not the only one who can't find the release notes for S1 6 :D

It baffles me that Presonus is still selling the Presence xt editor .
Why on earth can't they just include it in studio one ?
Sphere users get it in the monthly subscription .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:57 pm It baffles me that Presonus is still selling the Presence xt editor .
Why on earth can't they just include it in studio one ?
Sphere users get it in the monthly subscription .
That would have been a useful thing to update with the editor built in and some MPE stuff...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Has the cpu hit improved in 6? How does it compare to previous versions? Multithreading and so forth?

nusound mind wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:34 pm Has the cpu hit improved in 6? How does it compare to previous versions? Multithreading and so forth?
I don't notice any improvement in this regard, however, S1 is pretty efficient as it is compared to Ableton Live to say the least, it's much more efficient.
Probably only Logic or Reaper can top S1.

Anyone who has purchased version 6, can different Customization presets be be applied to individual Mixer Views?

Did they do anything about the limited colour palette?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

darkinners wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:50 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:34 pm Has the cpu hit improved in 6? How does it compare to previous versions? Multithreading and so forth?
I don't notice any improvement in this regard, however, S1 is pretty efficient as it is compared to Ableton Live to say the least, it's much more efficient.
Yes, the CPU seems the same but the loading times is different! In Windows, it is much slower scanning the VST plugins and it takes a long time (relatively) to open a small project of 6 to 8 tracks! v5.5 is much faster in Windows.

In Mac however, it is fast. Although Logic is still much faster to start and open projects, but compared to Windows, S1 v6 is faster and seems better in Mac (mini M1). I have a more powerful computer with Windows than with Mac! Ryzen 5800X with 32GB and M.2 NVMe 1TB SSD card compared to mini Mac M1 with 16GB/512GB.

Cubase 12 is much better in CPU in Mac than in Windows! Overall Cubase is much better in Mac. The hosts with identical (or very similar performance) are Live, Bitwig and Reaper in my case. So, in short, S1 v5.5 has a better performance than v6 overall, and S1, Cubase have better performance in Mac.

EnGee wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 pm
darkinners wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:50 pm
Yes, the CPU seems the same but the loading times is different! In Windows, it is much slower scanning the VST plugins and it takes a long time (relatively) to open a small project of 6 to 8 tracks! v5.5 is much faster in Windows.

In Mac however, it is fast. Although Logic is still much faster to start and open projects, but compared to Windows, S1 v6 is faster and seems better in Mac (mini M1). I have a more powerful computer with Windows than with Mac! Ryzen 5800X with 32GB and M.2 NVMe 1TB SSD card compared to mini Mac M1 with 16GB/512GB.

Cubase 12 is much better in CPU in Mac than in Windows! Overall Cubase is much better in Mac. The hosts with identical (or very similar performance) are Live, Bitwig and Reaper in my case. So, in short, S1 v5.5 has a better performance than v6 overall, and S1, Cubase have better performance in Mac.
This is weird; it seems faster on my Windows machine (i9-7900X, 32 GB, SSD, Win10 Pro) than 5.5. I haven't timed it, so this is just a subjective impression, but after the very first VST scan, it has seemed a bit faster. FWIW.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”