Waves Element 2 Preset Management Disgraceful

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element Virtual Analog Synthesizer

fluffy_little_something wrote:That's absurdly clumsy and complex.
I suppose that happens when developers are too deep into their products and can't imagine anymore how an outsider might experience their products.

Reminds me of the nerdy instructions for fixing a broken Windows Update service :hihi:
Yep its more simple than it reads and really does need a nice fix by waves tbh.

MFXxx wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I can't believe this. There is no way to set up a user folder in Waves Element 2. This has been confirmed by Waves support. You create a patch, save it somewhere on your hard drive and then when you want to load it, you have to go to "Open Preset" and go to the location on your hard drive where you have them stored. That's it. That's your preset management system.

No wonder there are no 3rd party libraries for this synth. The folders you see when you go to load are built into the synth. They exist nowhere on your hard drive.

In this day and age, especially since Element 2 is relatively new, this is just disgraceful. What would be the point of me even creating a library for this thing? I mean who will tolerate a preset system like this for 3rd party libraries?

/rant
Funny enough I hacked around and sussed out how to solve this the other night, but it takes to editing the XPS files.

...SNIP...

If there are any real geniuses out there, I am wondering if there is anyone who could simply develop a simple program to do all this automatically. JUST A KIND THOUGHT :)

M
While I really appreciate you taking the time to type all that out, thanks but no thanks. Have no patience to go through all that.

Like I said, disgraceful preset management system.

Totally agree. ;*)

I suppose that happens when developers are too deep into their products and can't imagine anymore how an outsider might experience their products.

Reminds me of the nerdy instructions for fixing a broken Windows Update service :hihi:
those who live by KISS, enjoy life more :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Good thread, we need to talk about this interesting preset system Waves has.

Well, you can save all the banks you want, but it seems you cannot organize folders within those banks.

With their recent redoing of the GUI for the L1 limiter and the Q10 equalizer, I think they are moving into the future, so let us hope that preset management is something they will improve!

layzer wrote:

those who live by KISS, enjoy life more :idea:
Absolutely and those that do, do have a happy life ;*)

Agreed, Waves plugs generally have miniscule and prehistoric saving routines needing bifocal spectacles and sometimes - as apparently with Element2 - university degrees in nerdological studies in order to save a preset in a custom folder. Specially annoying because Element2 is one of the very finest virtual anas out there, I think it outstanding soundwise.

C'mon Waves, take note (and while you're listening, what about some re-sizable GUIs plz?).

From my perspective I never go near the Waves save routines and effortlessly create Element2 banks on Mac using the AU Preset format which works like a charm.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

In Waves v13 the current preset system seems OK with Elements 2. Certainly not a system I would opt for (imo U-he does it best with an overlay preset browser) but it's workable and beats going through the top menu bar drop down menus all the time. That being said.. I'm new to this synth by a few days and testing it out. But the sound is great imo.

Just got a CR8 + Flow Motion last month. Their user presets are at:
Local Disk(C:)/Users/Public/Waves Audio/Plug-In Settings

Constructed Identity wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:00 am Just got a CR8 + Flow Motion last month. Their user presets are at:
Local Disk(C:)/Users/Public/Waves Audio/Plug-In Settings
Yep. And for Mac it’s in the Shared folder (same path: Waves Audio/Plug-In Settings)

New User Preset System in Waves Plugins V12.7https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9km2h2spY&t=215s

Opil wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 am New User Preset System in Waves Plugins V12.7https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9km2h2spY&t=215s
This is not new though, it’s been out for over a year. And for any instrument plugin (like Element 2) browsing presets like this is a terrible experience imo. Vital and U-he get the preset browser thing very right.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:17 am
Opil wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 am New User Preset System in Waves Plugins V12.7https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9km2h2spY&t=215s
This is not new though, it’s been out for over a year.
You must read the the whole sentence "in Waves Plugins V12.7"

I see.. I read to quickly :hihi:

Imagine the 3rd party banks and elevated interest if they got this right from the begining.
This is one of the best sounding VA synths out there
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Instruments”