Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:03 am Best time to upgrade Padshop Pro to Padshop 2 while it is 50% off. I think it is worth it.
$15 for the extra spectral mode makes it a no-brainer :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm
rubez wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:18 pm Where do you buy Polarities?
@Steinberg soon.
Were these ever released? You got a link or info? :help:

rubez wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:53 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm
rubez wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:18 pm Where do you buy Polarities?
@Steinberg soon.
Were these ever released? You got a link or info? :help:
Ages ago, check it out here:
https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instrumen ... olarities/

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm I wonder if it still auto copies the dragged in samples on c:\ and consumes your ssd. Yeah i know this is totally logic and no problem and steinberg is top class and has to do it this way.
For you... play from 2:40. :)

https://youtu.be/zjjNom4FGwI?t=160
Thank you so much for this. Disable "Import Sample When Dropping" (page 16 of the manual). In Cubase though, this only works when dropping from the MediaBay; dropping from the project window bypasses this setting.

WTF is spectral resynthesis...sounds impressive but what is it

Basically you pull the sound into the frequencies that it consists of, and their relative levels, then when you play back you shift those frequencies based on the new root note and keep the frequency relationships the same.

Done naively, it doesn't really sound MUCH different to normal sampler playback, the trick to making it awesome comes from working out which parts of the sound are fixed frequencies (called 'formants' but not really the same as vocal formants, although the base reasoning is related) and which are harmonics of the root, I'm not sure how much 'clever' stuff padshop does, but that's where the state of the art in spectral re-synthesis will go over time.

NikkiA wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:28 pm Basically you pull the sound into the frequencies that it consists of, and their relative levels, then when you play back you shift those frequencies based on the new root note and keep the frequency relationships the same.

Done naively, it doesn't really sound MUCH different to normal sampler playback, the trick to making it awesome comes from working out which parts of the sound are fixed frequencies (called 'formants' but not really the same as vocal formants, although the base reasoning is related) and which are harmonics of the root, I'm not sure how much 'clever' stuff padshop does, but that's where the state of the art in spectral re-synthesis will go over time.
thanks for the explanation, does sound interesting

I really, like really wonder why Steinberg simply refuses to update Padshop with a resizable GUI or at least bigger size choices. They simply don’t do it even all those years.

This thing on modern HD monitors looks so tiny it’s almost ridiculous, eyestrains guranteed.

Neon Breath wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 pm I really, like really wonder why Steinberg simply refuses to update Padshop with a resizable GUI or at least bigger size choices. They simply don’t do it even all those years.

This thing on modern HD monitors looks so tiny it’s almost ridiculous, eyestrains guranteed.
Have you activated the "High DPI mode" setting?

firepile wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 pm I really, like really wonder why Steinberg simply refuses to update Padshop with a resizable GUI or at least bigger size choices. They simply don’t do it even all those years.

Where this that in the Options? I don't see or can't find this DPI mode...

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:09 pm
firepile wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Where this that in the Options? I don't see or can't find this DPI mode...
Top right, there is a gearwheel a little to the left of where it says "Steinberg".

Well, no such DPI option here. All I have is this:

Are you on PC or Mac?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I wish you could do more to interact with the waveform on the display, like you can with Granite or The Mangle (rip).

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:28 pm Well, no such DPI option here. All I have is this:

Are you on PC or Mac?
Strange. I am on a PC.

BrokenTrance wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:51 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:28 pm Well, no such DPI option here. All I have is this:

Are you on PC or Mac?
Strange. I am on a PC.
Yeah strange! Maybe it’s on PC, I am on Mac here....

Thanks anyway for the help !

Return to “Instruments”