zynaptiq pitchmap and zplane retune - any alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Both Pitchmap and zplane retune are pretty good at what they do yet sound quite different to each other. Are there any other similar vsts doing real time polyphonic tuning or similar? . Not an autotune or pitch shifter, but something that can take a polyphonic input and map it to various arbitrary scales

I'm pretty there aren't suitable alternatives for many of the zynaptic plugins, including PitchMap.

And although I'm pretty sure zplane Retune doesn't handle polyphonic material, I can't suggest anything apart from the regular monophonic real-time tuning plugins like Autotune, so I'm sure someone else will have better recommendations for that.

However, Melodyne can do crazy polyphonic stuff, but it's all offline (where you'll tend to find the better algorithms) not real-time.

CinningBao wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:07 pm I'm pretty there aren't suitable alternatives for many of the zynaptic plugins, including PitchMap.

And although I'm pretty sure zplane Retune doesn't handle polyphonic material, I can't suggest anything apart from the regular monophonic real-time tuning plugins like Autotune, so I'm sure someone else will have better recommendations for that.

However, Melodyne can do crazy polyphonic stuff, but it's all offline (where you'll tend to find the better algorithms) not real-time.
thanks it does seem unlikely - zplane re-tune is definitely able to handle polyphonic material tho. Melodyne is pretty good as well - once the analysis is done you can play around with the sounds quite a bit. I wish they would develop a performative interface for it as that could be a lot of fun

My goodness, I should really do my research before just saying things.. it does seem retune can do polyphonic retuning, although it does sound a little bit blurry :)

I'm not sure Melodyne are thinking about a performance interface; I'm not sure that's how they see the product. I don't believe the way their current engine works can be easily translated to a real-time experience, but I would be happy if they offered some kind of sampler plugin.

I like Samplab, and really wish for an alternative to it.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/visual ... by-synleor

this one was promising, but the company doesn't exist anymore...

:(

You can dive deep into MeldaProductions MTransformer and create own unique transformations in the frequency spectrum.
I admit it was a lot of work to map each input frequency to a desired output frequency for each individual key, but it sounds quite like pitchmap or retune.
Both, Pitchmap and reTune can preserve transients, which MTransformer isn't capable of. But you can work your way around this with a decent transient plugin, which lets you output the transients only. Run both in parallel and you have build yourself a pitchmap / retune clone. :D
viewtopic.php?t=581713

Here are two example audio files, each containing an original sound, followed by transformed sound with pitchmap, retune and mtransformer into f# minor key.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AscaDz97Aov7gvVGBw4TiNiTFqupVA
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AscaDz97Aov7gvVFwMh ... w?e=fFsKBJ

Ogundimu wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:33 pm You can dive deep into MeldaProductions MTransformer and create own unique transformations in the frequency spectrum.
I admit it was a lot of work to map each input frequency to a desired output frequency for each individual key, but it sounds quite like pitchmap or retune.
Both, Pitchmap and reTune can preserve transients, which MTransformer isn't capable of. But you can work your way around this with a decent transient plugin, which lets you output the transients only. Run both in parallel and you have build yourself a pitchmap / retune clone. :D
viewtopic.php?t=581713

Here are two example audio files, each containing an original sound, followed by transformed sound with pitchmap, retune and mtransformer into f# minor key.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AscaDz97Aov7gvVGBw4TiNiTFqupVA
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AscaDz97Aov7gvVFwMh ... w?e=fFsKBJ
interesting approach and it works !

Studio One Has a built in chord re-map.

I am seeing the heavy discount on Zynaptiq Pitchmap in these days and I was wondering if it would be the right tool in my case: correcting occasional mistakes of the performers in live recordings of classical music (of which I am the composer; the performers send me the live recordings of my pieces). Suppose I have a passage for violin, piano and bassoon: the pianist plays a chord with one wrong note, while the other piano notes and the violin and bassoon parts are correct. Is Pitchmap capable to isolate that specific note and correct it without altering the rest of the music too much? Or would be Melodyne, Retune or other software be better to accomplish such tasks? A very difficult situation, I know, but I was just wondering if Pitchmap would be of any help for me in similar cases.

Nah not really. I've had pretty weak results outside of sound design with pitch map. I attempted doing actual correction of notes with it when I first got it and ended up with either very synthetic corrections or notes that weren't pulled fully to the correct pitch but still maintained a natural timbre. Others might be awesome at polyphonic correction though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

XComposer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:30 pm I am seeing the heavy discount on Zynaptiq Pitchmap in these days and I was wondering if it would be the right tool in my case: correcting occasional mistakes of the performers in live recordings of classical music (of which I am the composer; the performers send me the live recordings of my pieces). Suppose I have a passage for violin, piano and bassoon: the pianist plays a chord with one wrong note, while the other piano notes and the violin and bassoon parts are correct. Is Pitchmap capable to isolate that specific note and correct it without altering the rest of the music too much? Or would be Melodyne, Retune or other software be better to accomplish such tasks? A very difficult situation, I know, but I was just wondering if Pitchmap would be of any help for me in similar cases.
I would use Melodyne for correcting single notes. I love Pitchmap and reTune but not for your task

Thank you for your advice. So I'll pass and save this money for something more useful to me. Maybe I will manage to get Melodyne, one day (It comes out that the one I need is always the most expensive software) :)

Return to “Effects”