Truth Bomb: Lost Sale

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I came here to check out Turnado because I saw a new plugin called Infinite (by Toolroom Academy - https://toolroomacademy.com/shop/infinite) which creates REALLY impressive transitions (risers & downers) similar to Endless Smile ... but tweakable.

I remembered Turnado (which has been around FOREVER) was very similar and could probably do a ton more since it had alot more effects ... but WOW was I wrong! Not only is the interface teeny-tiny (in 2022), but the knobs are completely unusable to create transitions. As soon as any knob turns just a hair to 1, the entire effect turns on. Some effects, though, like filter high-pass, work as expected. If I turn it to 1, the effect is low, and when I turn it to 127, the effect fully kicks in.

I was excited to play around with the Dictator to build a transition, but the way the effect knobs work is just wonky. How the HECK does anyone use Turnado for anything musical??

Anyway, since Turnado hasn't been updated in 10 years, has a tiny interface for 4k monitors, completely unusable effects & knobs, I'm spending my money with an innovative company that's not complacent like Sugar Bytes ... THANKFULLY you had a Demo :)

Sorry for the "Truth Bomb", but you need to hear it from a potential customer you just lost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5SRc54TCg

Sugar Bytes is great and were on the ball updating everything to M1. I get that Turnado is old and this new plugin may be the better choice for you but I don’t believe SB deserves the shade you’re throwing. I own everything, they make and have been a customer of theirs for close to 10 years. My experience with them has been a good one.

That being said I never use Turnado and haven’t ever really found it all that appealing.

PsychicVST wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:15 am Sugar Bytes is great and were on the ball updating everything to M1. I get that Turnado is old and this new plugin may be the better choice for you but I don’t believe SB deserves the shade you’re throwing. I own everything, they make and have been a customer of theirs for close to 10 years. My experience with them has been a good one.

That being said I never use Turnado and haven’t ever really found it all that appealing.
Definitely some shade, but honestly it’s helpful.

If It’s my business and I’m losing sales, it’s nice to know why.

UI interaction and a small interface might be on their radar already for updates (if any) and then again… maybe not.

Turnado isn’t for chumps. It’s for cool cats, dig? You wouldn’t understand. :cool:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

If nothing else, Turnado's hype video is maybe the catchiest I've ever seen for any VST(!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3WqAf06E8

ADAM EIZOR wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm As soon as any knob turns just a hair to 1, the entire effect turns on.
Or you take a minute to learn how the plugin works, and assigns the big knob to also sweep dry/wet for the effect in question...
----------------
www.cutpaste.org

iowastate89 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:50 pm If nothing else, Turnado's hype video is maybe the catchiest I've ever seen for any VST(!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3WqAf06E8
Yeah, that video is quite incredible actually!

ADAM EIZOR wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm ...... the knobs are completely unusable to create transitions. As soon as any knob turns just a hair to 1, the entire effect turns on. ....... How the HECK does anyone use Turnado for anything musical
I don't use it for transitions so there are no issues for me. Things that are musical can be achieved without transitions so it has plenty of uses.
ADAM EIZOR wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm completely unusable effects & knobs
That's just being silly.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thanks Adam Eizor, you have totally convinced me to buy the plugin you are marketing. Where do I send my social security number?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

ADAM EIZOR wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm Sorry for the "Truth Bomb", but you need to hear it from a potential customer you just lost.
People who get tricked by marketing hype are not potential customers of Sugar Bytes. People who know what a knob is supposed to do and can dive deeper into sound design are the target…
This sort of marketing (writing bad reviews of competing products) can‘t work. It puts the company on my ignore list forever…

Return to “Sugar Bytes”