Convince me not to buy thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Virgiauskas wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:11 pm If still relevant regarding 303 - you can always make any sounds with almost any VST synth you have, but at least for me ABL3 is just way easier as it's already tuned the way a 303 should sound - plus all the controls are laid out in similar fashion with all the necessary functions for your next acid hit.
So contrary to the threads title - I would convince you to buy it :D
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:43 pm I had looked at the Weiss de-esser, and I still think it might be better than what I got instead--the Klevgrand de-esser. However, "better" in this instance doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the music I make, or if it does, it is negligible. Take a hard look at those plugins, and don't get blinded by the shiny features. Ask yourself, will it truly make a difference to what you create--or the ease and efficiency with which you create it? Only you can decide.

Now, talk me out of Phoscyon 2 and ABL3. I can make nice 303s with so many of the plugins I own, right?
I concur. Although you can create interesting analogues, there's no replicating a proper 303 sound with any other synth type IMO, the 303 is too particular.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”