OXI Sequencer: Ultimate Hardware Step Sequencer with Midi, Bluetooth, USB, CV etc

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im sure the website and manufacture is/are cool, but i like user information, especially from someone with a similar ish set up, and first impressions matter 8)

i like the fact you went with "don't know where to start..." then spilled!!!
shows its an exciting product, which again is important to me :hihi:

technical, i can read anywhere, but i can't get what you supplied from a manual ;)

thanks again, definitely one to keep an eye on 8)

No worries- I have literally had it for a couple of hours so....it was stuff like this on YT got me excited....especially if you like CV stuff

https://youtu.be/4y1oWNzS0UI

https://youtu.be/gZmXon6bzZM

https://youtu.be/X4LVWwU-9pw

Now, back to it :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:25 pm No worries- I have literally had it for a couple of hours so....it was stuff like this on YT got me excited....especially if you like CV stuff

(I watched them all)

Now, back to it :-)
Wow! This is sooo cool! Don't know how it slipped under my radar (probably saw it and just forgot, as I couldn't act on it right away) :dog: ... bummer. Definitely ME friendly, all around. ... cool for you! :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Heh still havent got shipping notice, thats what i get for holding out til the last minute. :lol:

Thanks for posting the videos!
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Those guys at OXI are not hanging about- its already the most feature rich hardware sequencer I have used and n ow they are adding even more sequencer modes!

Oxi One Stochastic Sequencing!

https://youtu.be/tgRKXCtl2Jc
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

V2 update...these guys are developing this thing fast- includes MI Grids now in multilane!

New Stochastic Sequencer mode

MI Grids drum pattern generator for Multitrack lanes

Draw modulation curves for velocity in the grid

Draw modulation curves for CCs in the grid

New arpeggio engines: 8-step pattern and rand once

Improved chord mode built in arpeggiator

Renaming Patterns

Copy Patterns from other Projects to the current one

Quick save the project: shift + save

Permanent (or momentary) Load and Save screens

Configuration menu reorganisation

Arranger rework with Scene Launch and Master Lane

Adds Aftertouch to the LFOs destinations

Adds PitchBend and Aftertouch as new MOD destinations

Multiples melodies can be copied into Poly

Double functions menus allos more parameters per menu (shift + encoder)

Adds LFO bipolar offset (also working as CC and CV)

New LFO engines: linear, gated and noise

Init and End step indication in the grid

Expand & Condense stop when the lowest or highest resolution respectively have been reached

Bugfixes and other improvements
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a beautiful update!
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Nice! :tu:

It is such a great big of kit, the heart of my Eurorack now but as I have it connected via the OXI pipe I can just unplug one cable (leaving the euro patched via the pipe module) and use the OXI on battery and Bluetooth with my iPad for travels. Perfect.

Seriously impressive update, you can't ignore the OXI!

V3.0 WHAT’S NEW

NEW MATRICEAL MODE
A new generative mode with 4 independent sequencing tracks each of which have 9 different and independent parameters lanes.

TRIGGER
GATE
PITCH
INTERVAL (with MIN and MAX settings)
VELOCITY
OCTAVE
RETRIGGER
TRIGGER PROBABILITY
GLIDE (CV)
They are independent parameter tracks or lanes because the can all have different:

SPEED
PLAYBACK DIRECTION
START AND END POINTS
Plus each sequencing track can have different:

MIDI CHANNEL
ROOT NOTE
All parameters are randomizable with a simple tap

You even have a build in euclidean sequencer to quickly draw triggers

USB MIDI HOST Support
DEVICE
DEVICE NO POWER (NO CHARGE)
HOST + POWER
HOST NO POWER
2X LFOS
Independent Internal and external (MIDI) destinations
Independent Internal and external amount controls
CV routable
FULLY INDEPENDENT MOD LANES
MIN AND MAX VALUE SELECTION
Linked & Unlinked behavior
Start End points quick selection
x2 /2, duplicate, clear, etc quick actions
2x INTERNAL DESTINATIONS WITH AMOUNT AND OFFSET CONTROLS
Smooth factor per lane
Lane randomization
Copy and paste steps values and parts in the MOD lanes edit view
NEW INTERNAL DESTINATIONS FOR MODULATION SOURCES
MOD LANES, LFOS AND CV INPUT
Note probability (stochastic mode only)
Keyboard arp division, octave and arp type
Pitch of the chord voices (it’s now quantized!)
Chord root
Chord voicing
Chord type
Chord spread
Chord strum
Chord arp div, oct, type
IMPROVED CHORD MODE:
New scales: Pentatonic Major and Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor

New chord bank: diminished, augmented, dominant chord. Other 4 voice chords based on the dimin and aug chords.

Voice assistant configuration: intelligent voicing engine can be turned on or off

Modulation sources and destinations:

pitch of the chord voices (quantized!)
chord root
voicing
chord type
spread
strum
chord arp div, oct, type
Spread value per step

Pick and Place chords: Press one chord in keyboard view or external keyboard, switch to sequencer view, tap a step and the last played chord will be entered.

Fully independent and modulable chord arpeggiator built into the sequencer.

PATTERN TEMPLATES FOLDER
Store your pattern settings or favorite sequences as templates to be able to quickly recall them into any project.

USB HOST SELECTION
DEVICE
DEVICE NO POWER (NO CHARGE)
HOST + POWER
HOST NO POWER
AUTOCLOCK
Autoclock detection for USB, MIDI TRS and MIDI BLE sources
Fallback to internal clock.
IMPROVED ARRANGER
Launch quantization: 8bar, 4bar, 2bar, 1 bar, 1/bar or OFF
Prog change and bank select per slot
NUDGE MENU
Time bend
increases or decreases the playback speed of any sequencer in a % of the global tempo. Independent per sequencer

Time offset
time offset in milliseconds for each sequencer. Cool to create delay effects or compensate latency issues between synths

ISOMORPHIC KEYBOARD LAYOUT
The isomorphic layout has been a very requested feature.

It comes with scale filtering (quantization) and octave selector plus all the goodies already present in the keyboard layout.

CV GATE ANIMATIONS IN THE GRID
Adds visual feedback of what is going on with your CV-GATE configuration!

NEW TRIGGER CONDITIONS
Inverted A|B
First and !First
PRE and !PRE
QUANTIZED AND UNQUANTIZED RECORDING SELECTION
Quickly enables or disables quantization recording with a single tap of the REC button

NEW UNDO ACTIONS
Adding and removing TIED notes
Loading patterns
Arranger actions
OTHERS
Random perform settings per track in MULTITRACK
Remove tied notes when toggling the first step
Auto enable step trigger when tweaking step octave (in mono and chord) or step note (in multitrack)
Other fixes and workflow improvements

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”