Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
simonbostock
KVRist
205 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from London Acid City

Post Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:53 am

Minimal Audio doesn’t allow licence transfers. Unfortunately license transfers go against their user agreement, so they do not allow them. They only offer a refund on their products if you request a refund within 30 days of purchasing.

inkstone
KVRist
58 posts since 17 Sep, 2021

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:17 pm

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 am I reached out to Baby Audio to confirm their license transfer policy, since there are no details on their website. Suffice to say they do allow transfers, that they action manually and they do not become NFR for the new owner. In the interest of transparency, here is our email exchange (my questions are in italics, BA replies in bold).

Hello there, I would like some information on your licence transfer policy. I can't seem to find any information about transfers on the site. I have seen some people selling 2nd hand licences in the usual places, so I'm assuming it's possible but I would like to be certain and to understand the procedure and if there are conditions to consider, for example 2nd hand licences become NFR

At the moment there's really not much info to share :)
All I need is the license key, and the full name of the new owner. After that I void the previous license and issue a fresh license to the new owner.

Thanks for getting back to me. Please could you confirm if the 2nd hand licences become NFR; this is an important outcome that I would like any prospective buyer to informed about upfront.

The second hand license does not become NFR - it's a regular license :)
I just noticed that Baby Audio is now charging $20 for transfers

https://babyaud.io/faqs

PieBerger
KVRian
1456 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:43 pm

inkstone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:17 pm
PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 am I reached out to Baby Audio to confirm their license transfer policy, since there are no details on their website. Suffice to say they do allow transfers, that they action manually and they do not become NFR for the new owner. In the interest of transparency, here is our email exchange (my questions are in italics, BA replies in bold).

Hello there, I would like some information on your licence transfer policy. I can't seem to find any information about transfers on the site. I have seen some people selling 2nd hand licences in the usual places, so I'm assuming it's possible but I would like to be certain and to understand the procedure and if there are conditions to consider, for example 2nd hand licences become NFR

At the moment there's really not much info to share :)
All I need is the license key, and the full name of the new owner. After that I void the previous license and issue a fresh license to the new owner.

Thanks for getting back to me. Please could you confirm if the 2nd hand licences become NFR; this is an important outcome that I would like any prospective buyer to informed about upfront.

The second hand license does not become NFR - it's a regular license :)
I just noticed that Baby Audio is now charging $20 for transfers

https://babyaud.io/faqs
Thanks for the udpate!
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”