Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

What Mac are you on? Maybe not supported.... For me it is greyed out though.... But then maybe your display or settings doesn't support it. Is it supertiny or just tiny?
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/retrolog ... een/741163

BrokenTrance wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:56 pm What Mac are you on? Maybe not supported.... For me it is greyed out though.... But then maybe your display or settings doesn't support it. Is it supertiny or just tiny?
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/retrolog ... een/741163
That would be surprising if my display doesn't support it as I have a 27-inch Retina 5K. I've seen alot of posts in different music forums about people having issues with the too small GUI, so I guess it's a general issue Steinberg needs to address. It's pretty tiny, to the point where is gets quite harsh on the eyes after some time. Not fully unworkable, but pretty unpleasant still for my old eyes :hihi:

Ok!
Yes Steinberg should really work with resize options for their instruments. Retrologue 2 i think is interesting but just a little bit on the tiny side.

Is Retrologue (I don’t own it) also tiny without any size options?

Yes it is the same. 25-50% bigger would be great. That setting is allso Greyed out here, but then this isn't an advanced display i have.

Is there any alternatives I should consider before pulling the trigger on Padshop 2?

rubez wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:48 pm Is there any alternatives I should consider before pulling the trigger on Padshop 2?
Depends on your needs here.

If you like & enjoy working with the spectral resynthesis in Padshop, nope there's isn't many options except maybe Alchemy with your are on Mac & Logic.

If it's only the granular aspect that you want, there are plenty of other granular synths around of course. Although Padshop still sounds quite amazing and it's very easy to make it sounds mellow and, well, ''paddy'' :)

2024... Now I really wonder if we'll ever see an update to Padshop with a larger/resizable GUI. It's so small with modern high-resolution monitors that it makes it almost unusable now. Which is a shame because it really is a cool and a gorgeous sounding synth.

What is also not reassuring are the sounds of crickets and the collection of cobwebs on the Padshop forums of the Steinberg website. And some users even asked Steinberg about news and they don't even bother to respond. All this does not look very bright for the future of this synth...

What do you guys think?

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:01 am 2024... Now I really wonder if we'll ever see an update to Padshop with a larger/resizable GUI. It's so small with modern high-resolution monitors that it makes it almost unusable now. Which is a shame because it really is a cool and a gorgeous sounding synth.
Although usually i was against resize as trend, but in last times ok should admit that i use it in some cases. Perhaps age. But even with that (and 2k screen) frankly Padshop 2 size still ok for me, good readable (for Retrologue etc too, resp).

Steinberg is sadly feeling so cumbersome/old school (in a bad way)... sadly. i never buy their stuff anymore expecting much for the future.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:13 pm Steinberg is sadly feeling so cumbersome/old school (in a bad way)... sadly. i never buy their stuff anymore expecting much for the future.
Even considering Halion 7 abilities ? C'mon. (Not to speaking about Spectralayers)

Caine123 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:13 pm Steinberg is sadly feeling so cumbersome/old school (in a bad way)... sadly. i never buy their stuff anymore expecting much for the future.
I really liked Steinberg. But I currently have to put that in a past tense since their push toward the future is by isolating their products to only run on machines they deem worthy.

Fortunately, PSP2 and Retrologue were bought for less than the price of a pound of Starbucks. So I can accept letting them die with the machines their on. I have stopped using them in any meaningful way though.
They really shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned. (And it's not the first time they've done that.)

Just waiting for Quanta2 to go on sale at a "no-brainer" price now.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:11 pm
I really liked Steinberg. But I currently have to put that in a past tense since their push toward the future is by isolating their products to only run on machines they deem worthy.

Fortunately, PSP2 and Retrologue were bought for less than the price of a pound of Starbucks. So I can accept letting them die with the machines their on. I have stopped using them in any meaningful way though.
They really shot themselves in the foot as far as I'm concerned. (And it's not the first time they've done that.)

Just waiting for Quanta2 to go on sale at a "no-brainer" price now.
Yeah. One thing I will never understand is companies/developers that chose to deliberately ignore & not respond to their loyal customers who ask for news or a little bit of visibility on certain products in their OWN website forums. For me, it's a total lack of respect over their valuable customers and that tells alot about them and how they perceive their customers.

(Quanta 2 is great, well maintained and healthy, although I can't say the same about Audio Damage support. Another one I remain cautious with)

That's the reason I'm waiting for a sale to justify it. Helps take the sting out of NFR buys.

c_voltage wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:56 pm Even considering Halion 7 abilities ? C'mon. (Not to speaking about Spectralayers)
Not just HALion7 but Cubase 13 as well

Return to “Instruments”