DAW for beginner guitarist recommendation?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!

DAW for beginner guitarist recommendation?

Ableton Live
12%
Bitwig Studio
5%
Cakewalk by Bandlab
14%
Cubase
7%
Digital Performer
No votes
FL Studio
3%
Mixcraft
3%
ProTools
No votes
Reaper
29%
Reason
7%
Studio One
19%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing that I didn't get on with was Reaper, while I admire its flexibility, I prefer no-nonsense 4-track style recording without too many options to get the ideas down quick. I've never (wanted) to look at a manual... (it had better be) just intuitive, depending on (zero) previous knowledge
totally agreed, focus is king, who needs ikea for guitar, at least for those i've worked with. their jam is to tinker with tone, not a clunky ui.
tried to get into Reaper for the sake of using Acustica's platform
fwiw, starting to demo the AA stuff, some of it is astonishingly good, but finding Cakewalk to be as good as Reaper for running them, if not better. the key to AA plugs ime has been CPU speed and how well the cores are managed. Cakewalk for whatever reason has had a number of advanced features for managing this for quite some time. OC'd the CPU and saw massive improvement. Still plan to upgrade the CPU though :-)
Amplitube ... using the standalone version and the little 8 track within it to get some ideas down and export for later use. its more than enough for that sort of thing.
that's a great suggestion, haven't used Amplitude in a while, but can see it being a great option. S-Gear seems to be the winner for playable tone and capturing a performance. I've considered just running Audacity/S-Gear in standalone mode for that.

I voted Cubase. Nevertheless, for a beginner, I would recommend ACID.

Return to “Guitars”