VCV Rack 2

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hmm. shouldn't the author be 'cytomic 'instead of VCV , or is this part of the licensing ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Depends, sometimes VCV contracts devs to build stuff.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

It's a collaboration between VCV, Cytomic, and Doepfer. I'll tackle all the more involved analog modelling, but pretty much everything else VCV is doing - including having organised the collaboration in the first place!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Does VCV Rack 2 have Poly Unison? How is the CPU usage in Poly Unison mode compared to VM? I'm noticing in Voltage Modular (in conjunction of Polyphonic Unison module), that CPU usage is very high with more than 9 voices selected (also depends what other modules are in use).

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:45 pm Does VCV Rack 2 have Poly Unison? How is the CPU usage in Poly Unison mode compared to VM? I'm noticing in Voltage Modular (in conjunction of Polyphonic Unison module), that CPU usage is very high with more than 9 voices selected (also depends what other modules are in use).
VCV Rack 2 supports polyphony up to 16 voices. From what I can see there is no unison mode, if you want unison it looks like you have to copy and paste the modules you want to be in unison - but if anyone here knows of some other method then please post.

You have to check if each module supports polyphony. The A-124 Wasp filter supports polyphony by internally using SIMD processing to process 4 filters are once for around the cost of one. How efficient each module is with polyphony will depend on each module.

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:02 am
SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:45 pm Does VCV Rack 2 have Poly Unison? How is the CPU usage in Poly Unison mode compared to VM? I'm noticing in Voltage Modular (in conjunction of Polyphonic Unison module), that CPU usage is very high with more than 9 voices selected (also depends what other modules are in use).
VCV Rack 2 supports polyphony up to 16 voices. From what I can see there is no unison mode, if you want unison it looks like you have to copy and paste the modules you want to be in unison - but if anyone here knows of some other method then please post.
You can use polyphony to get unison, where every polyphonic voice is just slightly detuned from the others. Bogaudio's Unison module creates multiple detuned voices from a monophonic voice, as documented here.

xbow wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:04 pm
andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:02 am
You can use polyphony to get unison, where every polyphonic voice is just slightly detuned from the others. Bogaudio's Unison module creates multiple detuned voices from a monophonic voice, as documented here.
Thanks for pointing out the Bogaudio workaround. I missed out a little bit of context in my previous post, the full version is: "From what I can tell there is no unison mode built into the midi input module you right click on to select how many polyphonic voices there are..."

ALM Busy Circuits just dropped a premium ($30) version of their MFX effects plugin in the library. That was quite a nice surprise.

Are you safe?

andy-cytomic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:29 pm
Rastkovic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:37 amWould be nice to hear, what's you favourite (VCV) oscillator is in combination with the Wasp filter. If there is a favourite for you... ;)
I haven't had a chance to check out any oscillators apart from the stock VCO and and WT VCO, and those were fine to do some audio examples for the A-124. In the future I'd like to implement a few OSC that can be pushed a bit harder as part of the Doepfer modules, but for now I can't really be of much help as I don't know what's available in VCV Rack very well.
Have you had any interest in porting or creating stuff for voltage modular?

This upcoming Surge XT release should be pretty comprehensive, free too
https://youtu.be/8MavXLbI50A

Are you safe?

VCV Rack 2.2.0 has been released, including VST3, Audio Unit, and CLAP plugins for Rack Pro.

Builds of Rack for Mac ARM are available for developers to build and test their plugins on Mac ARM. This is in “beta” stage, so some features or plugin adapters might not work correctly.

Rack Free 2.2.0: Windows 7 / Mac x64 3 / Mac ARM64 (beta) 2 / Linux 1
Rack Pro 2.2.0: Windows 8 / Mac x64 5 / Mac ARM64 (beta) 5 / Linux 1 (Links only valid if purchased)

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:28 am
VCV Rack 2.2.0 has been released, including VST3, Audio Unit, and CLAP plugins for Rack Pro.

Builds of Rack for Mac ARM are available for developers to build and test their plugins on Mac ARM. This is in “beta” stage, so some features or plugin adapters might not work correctly.

Rack Free 2.2.0: Windows 7 / Mac x64 3 / Mac ARM64 (beta) 2 / Linux 1
Rack Pro 2.2.0: Windows 8 / Mac x64 5 / Mac ARM64 (beta) 5 / Linux 1 (Links only valid if purchased)
he said somewhere that apple silicon native support wouldn't happen until V3 sometime. but maybe that's changed or just planning a long beta.

edit: i think it's on the VCVrack forum over there.

currently the AU crashes Live/Logic. Had to force scan of the plug in in Logic and when instantiated it throws and error and i have to quit. so, currently for me on apple silicon/monterey 12.6 it only works stand alone or in Bitwig. it is unavailable/crashes latest version of Logic and Live

edit:

my mistake. it won't work on ARM computers unless you run your DAW in rosetta. i thought in logic it would work via that translator app that allows non-native plug ins to work in Logic when running it natively.

it works fine in bitwig because of the sandboxing or whatever.. but it won't work in live or logic when running in native mode.. so, i guess i'll just stick to bitwig and standalone when i want to use VCV rack.
Last edited by dayjob on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”