UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

These great and free UVI Falcon updates are a thing that I really like in todays audio software market. It also makes me appreciate and buy their other stuff. Falcon is a beast already and it gets even better.

Has Midi-Out finally been implemented as well?

bradkvr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:29 pm Fantastic update! But I do get a repeatable crash doing something that's probably not very bright.
In both the stand-alone and the plugin (AU, VST2, and VST3), add a Slice oscillator, then (and this is the not very bright part) without adding a sample, add a Slice Remixer. Result: instant crash.

If I do add a sample before adding the Slice Remixer, no crash.
And if I do it the other way around (Remixer first, then Slice oscillator), it also works - no crash.
Fixed in next version.
In the meantime, don't do it :)
Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

enCiphered wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:15 am Has Midi-Out finally been implemented as well?
Falcon 2.8.0
------------
- Add Texture oscillator
- Add Dual Delay X FX
- Add Shifter FX
- Add Harmonizer FX
- Add Granulizer FX
- Add Feedback Compressor FX
- Add Diffuse Delay FX
- Add Velvet Delay FX
- Add Balloons script
- Add Boids script
- Add Chip Arp script
- Add Ostinato Arp script
- Add Portamento Stepped script
- Add Slice remixer script
- Add Strum Wheel script
- Add Tape Mod script
- Add Waterfall script
- Add support for sample Drag'n'drop on multi envelope for pitch extraction
- Some M1 CPU optimization
- Fix possible crashes with Logic on M1
- Fix some issue with VST3 version
- Fix possible glitches in Analog Chorus
- Add KeyTracking support to some filters

teilo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:26 am
otristan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:14 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:54 pm Cheers.

The Falcon update is pretty great, but again another release means UVI Portal's virtually unusably slow for a few days. For the sake of the planet* please UVI try and introduce a 'deltas only' update option that doesn't require downloading gigabytes of sample library when only a tiny percentage of things has changed.

* Just like Hansel, the Earth is so hot right now.
The incremental update is not trivial but this is something that we would like to do at some point.
Does someone in the industry already do that ?
Yes. Spectrasonics does for Omnisphere.
Toontrack, too. Kontakt Player compatible libraries, too.

They separate the presets and other files from the samples and split up the samples across multiple archives instead of one.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

IK Multimedia also keep the sample library downloads separate from the code when it updates which is good because of their nutbar charges for redownloading after six months.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Yeah, IK are a pretty solid example of what not to do

otristan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:14 am
bradkvr wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:29 pm Fantastic update! But I do get a repeatable crash doing something that's probably not very bright.
In both the stand-alone and the plugin (AU, VST2, and VST3), add a Slice oscillator, then (and this is the not very bright part) without adding a sample, add a Slice Remixer. Result: instant crash.

If I do add a sample before adding the Slice Remixer, no crash.
And if I do it the other way around (Remixer first, then Slice oscillator), it also works - no crash.
Fixed in next version.
In the meantime, don't do it :)
Thanks !
======
FIGURED OUT MY PROBLEM...

medienhexer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:04 am

The Falcon update is pretty great, but again another release means UVI Portal's virtually unusably slow for a few days. For the sake of the planet* please UVI try and introduce a 'deltas only' update option that doesn't require downloading gigabytes of sample library when only a tiny percentage of things has changed.

The incremental update is not trivial but this is something that we would like to do at some point.

They separate the presets and other files from the samples and split up the samples across multiple archives instead of one.
Splitting the archive is not a delta update. A delta update downloads only the differences between what you already have and what is new.

enCiphered wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:15 am Has Midi-Out finally been implemented as well?
Not MIDI-Out, but you still have the MIDI recorder, to record sequences, and save as MIDI or drag as a region to a MIDI track.

teilo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:14 pm Splitting the archive is not a delta update. A delta update downloads only the differences between what you already have and what is new.
Yes, but you can make life easier for yourself with updates if internal to the monolithic file you have a way to flag the sections that need updates at all.

Are you safe?

As a Midi effect? No, sadly not yet.

Are you safe?

teilo wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:14 pm
medienhexer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:04 am

Splitting the archive is not a delta update. A delta update downloads only the differences between what you already have and what is new.
I am aware of that. Splitting allows you to only update the smaller archive files which contain the updated samples. You have to keep efficiency in mind when it comes to decrypting and playing back samples.

I don’t know the specifics of how to protect files with iLok. You probably get a cryptographic trait per product and one per serial number/customer to integrate in your encryption/decryption. But it very likely also incorporates some form of checksum to identify the actual files and prevent tempering. And the software ilok very likely needs a system profile of some form. I‘m not sure if you also have a trait which expires after a certain time and which has to be updated?

At some point, handling all that will become increasingly inefficient.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I luv u uvi

Falcon has received some pretty amazing updates, making it a "desert island synth" and overall sound design playground for those willing to put in the time to explore it's creative features. The additional effects, factory content, and sequencers & scripts in version 2.8 are outstanding. Thank you UVI team for the sophisticated software tools and the free update! You've just guaranteed that I will miss out on some sleep over the coming weekend... and I appreciate it very much!! Stellar release!!! 8) :tu:

Return to “Instruments”