BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:46 pm Hi, I postponed this for a while but this is a minor Windows only fix for VST3 v2.3.9, which should solve loud output noise in Cubase (and probably some other DAWs).
Hi, I had this issue with BlueArp (vst2) inside MuLab9 (plugin). This update fixed the problem, thanks!

Hello all and thank you mister greywolf sir for your excellent plugin!

I have a question regarding the file format for banks and programs, and I suppose depending on the answer I have a few suggestions. What I am hoping for is a higher-level way to edit banks. Things like renaming programs, ways to view/edit multiple programs at once, making small differentiations or permutations to each...

What I think would be lovely is a full-fledged spreadsheet view, but in lieu of that, the next best thing would be a way to export/import to a spreadsheet format. (or a human-readable format like xml or json)

Q: Would you consider making available the headers with the definitions for the structs used in the file format or making the .fxb and fxp files? Not the source for the whole program, just enough so that a third party wouldn't have to resort to reverse-engineering?

As an alternative suggestion, what about maybe a finer-grain to the copy/paste operation. Best analogy I know is with blender, how one can select multiple objects and then the final object is what gets copied from. A new tab page on the plugin where there would be a list of every program with highlight multiple selections, an area with checkboxes for lanes of data to copy, and then a selector menu to choose which program to copy from, to all the lanes of the selected programs.

Hi Oleg, BlueARP is awesome!

Any chance you can expose the Program Selection menu or Program Select buttons to Ableton, such that MIDI control is possible, without having to program chains?

I would like that as well. And I think it was possible a long time ago.

jeffers_mz wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:05 pm Hi Oleg, BlueARP is awesome!

Any chance you can expose the Program Selection menu or Program Select buttons to Ableton, such that MIDI control is possible, without having to program chains?
Hi, a program selection parameter is exposed to the host as "CurProgram" (parameter No. 9)
Program.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have a problem - not sure if it's a bug - or if I dont understand the software:

When I select "input key" for the velocity and then try to output a root note from the arp, it comes out velocity 0. Is this intended?

sirjohndfox wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:55 am I have a problem - not sure if it's a bug - or if I dont understand the software:

When I select "input key" for the velocity and then try to output a root note from the arp, it comes out velocity 0. Is this intended?
Everything works normally in Ableton Live & FL Studio, tried both versions the VST & VST3. The velocity of the output matches the value I set it to (64 = 50%).

So nothing is wrong. Unless you are using specific DAW with specific config / setup..

phreaque wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 am
Everything works normally in Ableton Live & FL Studio, tried both versions the VST & VST3. The velocity of the output matches the value I set it to (64 = 50%).

So nothing is wrong. Unless you are using specific DAW with specific config / setup..
Are you sure your "output note velocity" is set to "input key"? Because in my case it also comes out with velocity "0" when the "root note" is set.
Output.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Definitely sure.
Send me a zipped .fxp preset so I can check it.

1st and 4th block doesn't play for me:

phreaque wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 am
sirjohndfox wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:55 am I have a problem - not sure if it's a bug - or if I dont understand the software:

I'm not sure you understand the problem. Normal notes output fine, but if you feed it a chord and try to use the 'root note' type, it outputs 0 velocity root note.

sirjohndfox wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:34 am Normal notes output fine, but if you feed it a chord and try to use the 'root note' type, it outputs 0 velocity root note.
Exactly, I have the same problem with "chord" mode.

robert_p wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:32 am 1st and 4th block doesn't play for me:
Okay got it. I was having stacked k1 note above the root that's why it didn't replicate that bug.
Thanks for pointing it out, I will let Graywolf know about this. :tu:

phreaque wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:46 am will let Graywolf know about this. :tu:
Thanks!

Hi, the "Smart Bend" doesn't work for me as expected - all polyphonic programs (chords etc.) start playing "mono" as soon as "Smart Bend" is activated (end even when deactivated later on).
Smart Bend.jpg

Return to “Instruments”