Android phone with iRig Pro Duo I/O: routing audio between apps or else a way to sum channels to mono?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I picked up an iRig Pro Duo I/O recently for mobile recordings with my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE running Android 12.

I was hoping to film content while recording high quality audio. For example: me playing a keyboard, recording the keyboard audio and a microphone for my voice. This takes up the two inputs on the iRig.

Unfortunately, after switching to USB Mic in "Pro Video" mode of the native camera app on my phone I find that the two audio channels are panned hard left and right.

iRig has a recorder app that unfortunately crashes instantly when I start trying to record with it. It seems many newer phones have difficulties running it (similar crashes reported online) and it seems iRig has abandoned the project.

As such:
1. Is there a way I could at least mono the two channels of the iRig before the audio is recorded by my camera app? Or,
2. How could I route the audio from say, N-Track Studio (where I could process it however I wanted) and send this to my camera app or another app? It does appear N-Track supports something like this: https://www.kvraudio.com/news/n-track-r ... roid-42337 but I cannot find a way to accomplish this yet...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”