Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Fornicras wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:25 amIt is crazy that Presonus still didn't release a full feature/change log.
Totally normal. Each new version starts from scratch.

If you are expecting the v6 Release Notes (which have been VERY available since Sept 29,2022) to list every single bug/fix/tweak that has been made in the entire span of Studio One from v1-v5.5 - and which may (or may not) have appeared in v6 - you will be very disappointed.

VP

The Find is a nice add. But part of my issue with DAWs in general, is that you need a command like this. I think S1 took a step in the right direction with customization. They should just take it further and wish they all would. I use perhaps 20% of what's available and I'd love to get the other 80% out of the way.

One thing I'm puzzled by.
With Track presets, S1 isn't saving the drum maps, only if you save a "normal" preset, but then you can't save all the channel stuff.
Seems like an oversight?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:05 am One thing I'm puzzled by.
With Track presets, S1 isn't saving the drum maps, only if you save a "normal" preset, but then you can't save all the channel stuff. Seems like an oversight?
Not to me since it is a "track" preset - not an Instrument Preset (which does save the Map BTW).

VP

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:15 am
InLight-Tone wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:05 am One thing I'm puzzled by.
With Track presets, S1 isn't saving the drum maps, only if you save a "normal" preset, but then you can't save all the channel stuff. Seems like an oversight?
Not to me since it is a "track" preset - not an Instrument Preset (which does save the Map BTW).

VP
They've chosen to include Sound Variations so seems inconsistent.
If I save a kit with multiple outs and routings I want the map there as well.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:41 pm
Fornicras wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:25 amIt is crazy that Presonus still didn't release a full feature/change log.
Totally normal. Each new version starts from scratch.

If you are expecting the v6 Release Notes (which have been VERY available since Sept 29,2022) to list every single bug/fix/tweak that has been made in the entire span of Studio One from v1-v5.5 - and which may (or may not) have appeared in v6 - you will be very disappointed.

VP
I don't expect that. They should release a change log featuring:

Known bugs from 5.5
Fixed bugs from 5.5
Every change and improvements in the interface from text to function
Small features (like find shortcuts)
Big features

That's it. If they cannot release this, I think they are not very organized and they are not keeping track of things. Look how Image-Line does it with every update or beta.

Fornicras wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:50 amIf they cannot release this, I think they are not very organized and they are not keeping track of things. Look how Image-Line does it with every update or beta.
As I mentioned - you should prepare to be disappointed.

Or - perhaps time for a permanent switch to FL Studio if you consider release notes to be a "feature"?

VP

SLiC wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:25 am Anyone here using S1 V6 on Windows i9 12 Gen?
No, but I have some terrible lags on 5800X. With sidechain and dropout protection.

Try to set dropout protection to minimum and tell if it helps.

So , can studio ONe 6 now record the output of an fx channel to an audio track , previous versions could not
Like this
-Step 1 , create an instrument track
-step 2-3 , create an fx bus and a normal bus , add an insert effect on both busses .
-step 4 , route the instrument track to both the FX bus and the normal bus
CAUTION , when routing from the dropdown (located above the instrument pan slider ) , only one bus can be selected ,so instead we're going to use send slider (both in post fader mode)from the instrument to route to both the effect and nomal bus , like this .
-step 5 , insert an audio track because we want to record the wet effects signal as auido
-step 6, click on the input dropdown of the audio
Like this ,
the FX buss can not be chosen from the available options .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

From the looks of Lawrence’s screenshot in your thread on the topic, it can.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:08 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:25 am Anyone here using S1 V6 on Windows i9 12 Gen?
No, but I have some terrible lags on 5800X. With sidechain and dropout protection.

Try to set dropout protection to minimum and tell if it helps.
Thanks…I seem to have fixed my issues using ‘process lasso’ (a little program that sits in the background and manages cores and gives your audio priority)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sound slike an interesting llittle utility.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Wow, that's a super-useful tool - I just downloaded it and had a quick look - it's great! Thanks for the heads up, Slic!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

No worries- someone put me on to it years ago and I use it on very computer I own, super stable systems and you can prioritise I/O that important to you (rather than my NVidea card stealing everything!). Here is the link for anyone else interested. https://bitsum.com/

This is a really good read as well, why you need this for more modern processors that are constantly trying to sleep and save energy! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bR4 ... uZ_gs/edit
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:00 pm No worries- someone put me on to it years ago and I use it on very computer I own
You obviously had no negative issues with it then? ...Guessing it's easy to unload/remove if any issues did present itself.

Amazed i've never heard of this, must admit. I worked servicing hardware for many years and this never came up lol. Looks super handy for my laptop. Thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”