Vintage Strat in the making?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Greg,

Was just wondering whether maybe another more vintage style Fender Strat in the style of NI's latest 'electric mint' release but with Orange Tree Samples' amazing sampling and engine is planned? Anytime in the nearer future maybe? :phones:

On completely different note:
Is there a way to move to other fret positions automatically on the fly when playing without having to get into the settings menu of the engine?

Best,
Lori

Hi Lori,

Yes, we do have a vintage strat in development. However, since we already have Evolution Stratosphere, which is a more modern strat with a humbucker pickup in the bridge position, the vintage strat is further back in line relative to a few other Evolution libraries that will get released first.

Regarding your fret position question, have you tried right-clicking on the fretting position control to automate it to a MIDI CC? Since you mentioned the word "automatically", though, maybe you mean that the fretting position itself could automatically shift based on what you're playing. CoreBass Pear does that, for example, but the downside is that the automatically moving fretting position can be a little unpredictable to work with. However, CoreBass Pear's string handling is strictly monophonic, so the main element that ends up being unpredictable is the legato behavior--maybe that wouldn't be an issue for our Evolution-based instruments.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg,

i'd like to support Lori's suggestion on the fret position issue. Maybe there is a way to have an option for automatic chords that uses chord voicings considering the octave used (on the midi keyboard / piano roll), the chord inversion and maybe use a combination with an "adaptive" feature that looks at he previous chord.

Another thing i'd like to mention:
I use the strumming keys a lot, because it is a bit simpler than using the strumming engine. But for my taste the strum speed is a bit too high/fast at velocities above "90". I mean, it is a bit to fast and sounds a little bit artificial then. Using lower velocities to get a slower strum speed results in having lower volume and less attack. I play around with the velocity bias and the midi velocity limits which helps but maybe the slower strum speeds can be shifted up (to higher midi velocities). If you know what i mean ;-)

Best regards

Gregjazz wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:10 pm Hi Lori,

Yes, we do have a vintage strat in development. However, since we already have Evolution Stratosphere, which is a more modern strat with a humbucker pickup in the bridge position, the vintage strat is further back in line relative to a few other Evolution libraries that will get released first.

Regarding your fret position question, have you tried right-clicking on the fretting position control to automate it to a MIDI CC? Since you mentioned the word "automatically", though, maybe you mean that the fretting position itself could automatically shift based on what you're playing. CoreBass Pear does that, for example, but the downside is that the automatically moving fretting position can be a little unpredictable to work with. However, CoreBass Pear's string handling is strictly monophonic, so the main element that ends up being unpredictable is the legato behavior--maybe that wouldn't be an issue for our Evolution-based instruments.

Kind regards,

Greg

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”