Cherry Audio Releases GX-80 Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GX-80 Synthesizer

Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:24 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:50 pm Richard d James just called me telling it sounds nowhere close to his GX1.
Did Mark Barton got hold of a gx1 to analyse ?
I guess not .
"As soon as we found something we thought strange, we immediately verified the behavior on both CS-80s we used for modeling. We then did a deep dive into the schematics to verify why we were hearing what we were hearing."
I guess this means they analyzed and verified against CS-80's but not a GX-1. Maybe Cherry Audio can clarify.
According to Dan Goldstein:

"We have two CS-80s that we studied extensively, along with the original CS-80 schematics as well as the GX-1 schematics and service manual. GX-80 plays like a nicely-calibrated CS-80."
https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/18 ... dio-gx-80/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Watched the Carr video. Watched a couple of others as well. This doesn't make me want to spend $59. What am I missing?

rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:22 pm Watched the Carr video. Watched a couple of others as well. This doesn't make me want to spend $59. What am I missing?
How should we know that ? You can always try the demo, I guess.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:22 pm Watched the Carr video. Watched a couple of others as well. This doesn't make me want to spend $59. What am I missing?
Nothing. It's not for you. Move along.

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 pm
Kinda implied that I did move along. What are you hearing that is worth spending the $59?

rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm Kinda implied that I did move along.
You did not imply that
rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm What are you hearing that is worth spending the $59?
The same thing that you will hear when you try the demo.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm
Kinda implied that I did move along. What are you hearing that is worth spending the $59?
To me it sounds lovely, smooth and sweet. Simple sounds are robust and full and complex patches sound clean and clear and its capable of nice evolving textures. Lots of factory presets. And my price is $30. No brainer for me. YMWV (W=will)

The demo is very impressive, excellent job with the presets. I surfed the plucks and the pads from the various sound designers. A wonderful synth in its own right. I have the Arturia CS V version 4. I'll never own the real deal so I'll leave it to others to get out the oscilloscopes. There is some mojo in this for sure. Well done Cherry.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:53 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm Kinda implied that I did move along.
You did not imply that
rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm What are you hearing that is worth spending the $59?
The same thing that you will hear when you try the demo.
OK so you'd rather argue than just share your opinion. Noted. :lol: But yeah "not hearing anything that makes me want to spend $59" is the implication dill hole.

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:56 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 pm
To me it sounds lovely, smooth and sweet. Simple sounds are robust and full and complex patches sound clean and clear and its capable of nice evolving textures. Lots of factory presets. And my price is $30. No brainer for me. YMWV (W=will)
Thank you for sharing (seriously). Forgot that they discounted based on past purchases. I've got a handful of other Cherry releases.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm Having said all that, what do people actually expect from a synth with an interface the size of Texas? Everyone had to know that any emulation of this massive synth is not going to be as easy to read as a Minimoog. It's not happening. If you can't accept that, these massive interface synths simply aren't for you.
The Memorymoon ME80 large interface version looks fine to me :shrug:

Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm Having said all that, what do people actually expect from a synth with an interface the size of Texas? Everyone had to know that any emulation of this massive synth is not going to be as easy to read as a Minimoog. It's not happening. If you can't accept that, these massive interface synths simply aren't for you.
The Memorymoon ME80 large interface version looks fine to me :shrug:
You're comparing apples to oranges. The Memorymoon GUI does not have nearly the amount of information on it as the GX80. In fact, it's not even close to as much information. It is a much simpler design.

I won't even get into how the Memorymoon is 32 bit and sounds like crap in comparison.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:36 pm I won't even get into how the Memorymoon is 32 bit and sounds like crap in comparison.
They have a 64-bit version too.

Free demo time!

Listening to the synth at full bandwidth on your DAW setup at 44.1, 48, or 96kHz will sound different than will audio from a compressed streaming video.

Return to “Instruments”