KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rastkovic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:11 am
EnGee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:55 am Oh, and they have updated Korg Odyssey GUI. Now I can see it clearly :hail:
Are you sure? Just installed the latest version, there is still no resizing....
You still can't resize it, but if you have a high res (aka retina) display it looks much better now.
Stormchild

I just tried updating, but Korg Software Pass didn't work, so I directly downloaded from my account and only see 1.3.0 version, where is the 1.5.0 version please? Korg really need to improve their software manager.

Is your Software Pass updated to the latest (1.2.3) version?

https://id.korg.com/static_pages/3

Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:15 am
EnGee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:55 am Oh, and they have updated Korg Odyssey GUI. Now I can see it clearly :hail:
You still can't resize it, but if you have a high res (aka retina) display it looks much better now.
About time! :party: They screwed that up ages ago.

Just Bought the MicroKorg :)

Bitwig sees it as a effect and not a Instrument so you have to load a instance of the MicroKorg and create a Instrument track and then copy the MicroKorg from the Audio track over to the Instrument track to get it to work.

Yeah, although I had to directly download the Pass software too. Basically every time it tries to unzip (either the Pass update or the synth update) I get an error. After that I lose the update button for each synth I try to update.

Microkorg, nice!
but why not MS2000?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 am Microkorg, nice!
but why not MS2000?
MS2000 is a knobby version of MicroKorg so they are the same so there is no need for a MS2000 :)

They have also expanded it from 4 Voices to 64 :)
I was thinking of getting a MicroKorg Last week so i am happy to have a 64 Voice version in my Daw compared to extra Cables and other stuff that follows with more hw in my setup :tu:

People will have a problem selling their HW Version of the MicroKorg now.

it's more like the microkorg is a knob-less version of the MS2000 though

of course it's not as needed in DAW-land, but the step- and motion sequencers on the MS2000 are a nice addition

i have the microkorg hardware and wouldn't be totally uninterested in a VSTi, but i guess Korg's copy protection is more than i'm willing to deal with (probably C/R or something?)

Yes, no resizing, but at least it is not blurry like before on my 4k (scaled to 1080p) monitor! I haven't logged in Windows PC yet, so I don't know how things are working there!

Korg made me happy today! or as they say in Japanese, "me Korg today happy" <-- Just kidding :hihi:

Hmm, electribe r misses the ringmod (crossmod in mk2)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

FapFilter wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:17 am it's more like the microkorg is a knob-less version of the MS2000 though

of course it's not as needed in DAW-land, but the step- and motion sequencers on the MS2000 are a nice addition

i have the microkorg hardware and wouldn't be totally uninterested in a VSTi, but i guess Korg's copy protection is more than i'm willing to deal with (probably C/R or something?)
I can agree on that :tu:

Yes Korg uses C/R Protection but you can free up Activations manually in your Korgid Account if needed so it is not as bad as those where you have beg for new Activations.

+ it is also not like other C/R Protection schemes that demands a new activation if you add a new harddrive or other pc parts.

You register it once and it stays registered until you do a fresh install of your Operating system.

thanks

C/R isn't actually too bad, even for me, but i still prefer to stay clear of it.
the only C/R plugin i still use is The Drop. it's actually pretty unintrusive. as far as i can tell, it doesn't even require you to manage your licenses (then again, i never install my stuff on dozens of computers anyway)
but still, if i was about to buy that today, i wouldn't have done so aswell

unreasonable thinking?
maybe probably

but it also helps to prevent me from buying too much (good) "shit"

Bloody hell, the website doesn't exactly pull you in does it? I can't even find any product walkthrough videos. Looks like something from geocities circa 1997.

I wish it was the ms2000B because of the knobs. I'm assuming microkorg needs menu diving to adjust parameters if it has all the same stuff as an ms2000.

Return to “Instruments”