Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:42 pm Use it with Gorilla mode! Hence the name... :P
You can use whatever wavetable in any sync mode (scanned through or not) , point is that babana isn't a wavetable at all but a single cycle wave .
That was my point.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:30 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:43 am Did someone mentioned already that MX has the worst browser ever, UI is an abomination to the point that it's not possible to use it at all and about a problem of assigning midi cc to any parameter?

I think that it should be mentioned in every second post, in case if someone could forget about it.

Damn it, I think that it deserves a new social platform like twitter, designed only to post this (and only this) opinion.
the browser... is what it is (a dog). but the sound, the funcionality of a plugin matters most (to me), and those things make this a winner (ha! for me), as opposed to, say, a synth with a great browser & mediocre sound.... for me :D
I understand, and personally, MX is my favourite synth. Practically the only one that I use now.

But it doesn't matter because what I wrote in the previous post must be repeated all the time. Ideally, by the same few people on as many topics as possible.
It is necessary to keep the structure of the universe intact (on physical and paranormal levels). So far, we have nothing to fear ;D

Ps. this new browser is worst than the previous one :P because now User Content (the only one that I care about) is separated and requires an additional click on a tiny icon. #neverHappy

For me personally all that a browser needs to do is show my own patches , nothing more nothing less .
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:48 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:42 pm Use it with Gorilla mode! Hence the name... :P
You can use whatever wavetable in any sync mode (scanned through or not) , point is that babana isn't a wavetable at all but a single cycle wave .
That was my point.
I knoooooow. :P

It's intentionally like that, it's an inside joke from the synth designer Mike Daliot. :) Gorilla eats the banana, and it's a nice gorilla family, daddy King, mommy Kang, and baby Kong. :D

Appreciate the reminder about this update! thanks

Anyone knows if this is normal behaviour ?
Doube clicking on a pattern clip deletes it's content , pretty unforgiven if you ask me .
The old massive pattern editor was imho a lot easier and faster to use
Eyeball exchanging

Having spent a few days with it i'm baffled that it dosen't have a few obvious features. Access to the INIT from the menu as it's a PITA having to open the browser and search for INIT everytime. No favouriting from the top bar, again having to go back into the browser. No undo. Some visual feedback on the rings would be great, and for the filters.

Still in love with the sound though.

What exactly does control sensitivity do? Is it for the parameters?

fireapplered wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:11 am
Control sensitivity is there to control the sensitivity of the user 🥳
No auto tune...

fireapplered wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:11 am Having spent a few days with it i'm baffled that it dosen't have a few obvious features. Access to the INIT from the menu as it's a PITA having to open the browser and search for INIT everytime. No favouriting from the top bar, again having to go back into the browser. No undo. Some visual feedback on the rings would be great, and for the filters.

Yes, it affects the behavior when you drag in knobs and slider with the mouse. MassiveX was super slow with it, much slower than anything else.

Now you can increase the sensitivity and make it feel like every other plugin. It felt super sluggish for me with the initial sensitivity to a point were tweaking was no fun.

Great idea to give some options for everyone. I guess as always, there are also people that like the super slow sensitivity.

fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:28 am i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing? i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...
Is it competitive? I always see it as trying to discuss the pros and cons of synths to help people find the best ones for them.

You say vital is worthwhile. You could have made a few comparison points to say what you liked about each. Would be more helpful than just, they're both ok.

fireapplered wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:11 am Having spent a few days with it i'm baffled that it dosen't have a few obvious features. Access to the INIT from the menu as it's a PITA having to open the browser and search for INIT everytime. No favouriting from the top bar, again having to go back into the browser. No undo. Some visual feedback on the rings would be great, and for the filters.

You can get to the INIT presets by filtering by Quickstart in the Sound Type section. At least you don't have to type for that.

dannyhawaii wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:36 pm

You can get to the INIT presets by filtering by Quickstart in the Sound Type section. At least you don't have to type for that.
I spotted that about 10 mins after posting!

_leras wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:16 pm
fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:28 am i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing? i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...
Is it competitive? I always see it as trying to discuss the pros and cons of synths to help people find the best ones for them.

You say vital is worthwhile. You could have made a few comparison points to say what you liked about each. Would be more helpful than just, they're both ok.
my whole point is... there doesn't have to be a comparision. different synths with different sounds, features... is a good thing. it's not like we can only have one synth plugin, so we have to figure out which one is 'best'.

that's entirely different from discussing the pros and cons of one synth...

Massive X just got an update. Now Apple Silicon native. ;)
Massive_X_1_4_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Three days after not installing it on the new mac and thinking about selling my licence... that was fast, NI... thanks

Return to “Instruments”