UAD Spark: All GUIs are blurred out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got the UAD Spark $1 deal for three months.
After the installation hassle, now all plugin GUIs are heavily blurred and unusable.
The UAD supervisor thingy said that all is installed and "Demo started (86 days Left)".
Now after a refresh it doesn't friggin show anything in that UAD Spark plugins thingy.
Yes, I am online and I gave it my iLok account after it asked me.

Ah, refreshed the list 3 times with no result. Now the list is filled again. Restarting newest Reaper x64 on Windows 10 and insert UAD plugin: GUI is blurred and unusable.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Except that this is belly up on a Saturday evening? :hihi: :party: :hyper: :phones:

My experience with Spark is really bad so far too.
On Windows, spent about 2 hrs to install the plugins because UA app and iLok couldn't link somehow, and after that UA app crashed constantly. After all that, when I loaded the plugins finally, they appear so little (on 4k screen with 125% scaling) with no option to scale them? And the GUI elements are really hard to click and drag because of this.

Lastly, preset browser is really bad.

I'm disappointed with them so far in terms of usability, they sound good though.

I signed up to the Spark trial to demo Polymax and every time I loaded one of the Spark plugins it would load with a blurred interface which would then quickly fade to normal after a couple of seconds. This only happened on the first load. I assumed it was something related to online authentication.

Yeah, the blurry GUIs are the authentication system. If they’re blurry for more than a second or two, I would make sure you have a steady internet connection and all the iLok stuff is working. If yes to both, contact UA support.

No problems here what so ever, everything went smooth right from the beginning. :)

The blurring is kinda inconsistent. Like for some reason, my 1073 never stops unblurring now for some reason. The other plugs work. Reinstall doesn't fix it. Sent a ticket to support.

Love these plugins and the actual audio processing is very stable, but UA Connect / Spark system is a piece of trash technically, supper buggy.

Thanx y'all. So nothing special here. Still blurry. Will check with support next week. If this doesn't get fixed quickly I'm out. Don't need this kinda drama. :roll:

3-5$ for 3 month's is a steal to try out High Quality Plugins from UAD. I can honestly say I'm very fond of their quality but running UAD Connect and an iLock for license activation is not only crippling CPU resources but also feels very weird and unsatisfactory. There are always issues with this that result in the beforementioned blury gui or it takes eons of loading times to work properly. Products are high quality but delivery sucks a*.

del

Hey I had this issue when I first started spark. I believe right clicking in ilok on the ilok usb icon and clicking synchronize did it. That or right clicking your account and clicking synchronize. I forget
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

have you launched the UAD Connect and checked it's all looking ok?

keep the UAD Connect app open while loading your set, and check your internet connection in order to see if you have a constant connection during all of your work session. it seems like it's related to authentication issues, that's why it looks blurred but in most cases, but that should only last a couple of seconds until the auth process is complete. if your problem lasts longer, and you're connected to the internet, it may be a bug or something to contact UA.

My UA plugins were all blurred out until I re-installed UA Connect. Kind of sucks to have to be connected to the internet constantly and then there are still issues with not being able to use the plugins because of their stupid background process not running. On top of that UA connect seems to randomly update in the middle of sessions which is a workflow de-railer. I don't think I'm going to be buying any more UA stuff, too much hassle. I don't even have this much hassle with Waves stuff (anymore at least).

seangm wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:30 pm On top of that UA connect seems to randomly update in the middle of sessions which is a workflow de-railer.
Yeah, this happened to me and made the DAW crash to desktop, so I couldn't even save the project.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:55 pm
seangm wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:30 pm On top of that UA connect seems to randomly update in the middle of sessions which is a workflow de-railer.
Yeah, this happened to me and made the DAW crash to desktop, so I couldn't even save the project.
I think this has happened to me also. Likely there's a time interval and if you don't open ua connect ahead of opening a session it'll poll while being used. Not great though. Seems they have a nonstandard ilok configuration...

I have a particularly unusual problem with UA Connect, which is that I've moved countries and time zone, but when I changed my PC clock I got an error with UA Connect complaining about the time/date, so for now it's switched back...

Return to “Effects”