VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
whassup
KVRist
Topic Starter
214 posts since 2 Oct, 2021

Post Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:11 pm

I've got the UAD Spark $1 deal for three months.
After the installation hassle, now all plugin GUIs are heavily blurred and unusable.
The UAD supervisor thingy said that all is installed and "Demo started (86 days Left)".
Now after a refresh it doesn't friggin show anything in that UAD Spark plugins thingy.
Yes, I am online and I gave it my iLok account after it asked me.

Ah, refreshed the list 3 times with no result. Now the list is filled again. Restarting newest Reaper x64 on Windows 10 and insert UAD plugin: GUI is blurred and unusable.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Except that this is belly up on a Saturday evening? :hihi: :party: :hyper: :phones:

Fornicras
KVRist
176 posts since 6 Aug, 2021

Post Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:49 pm

My experience with Spark is really bad so far too.
On Windows, spent about 2 hrs to install the plugins because UA app and iLok couldn't link somehow, and after that UA app crashed constantly. After all that, when I loaded the plugins finally, they appear so little (on 4k screen with 125% scaling) with no option to scale them? And the GUI elements are really hard to click and drag because of this.

Lastly, preset browser is really bad.

I'm disappointed with them so far in terms of usability, they sound good though.

Vortifex
KVRAF
2985 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:28 pm

I signed up to the Spark trial to demo Polymax and every time I loaded one of the Spark plugins it would load with a blurred interface which would then quickly fade to normal after a couple of seconds. This only happened on the first load. I assumed it was something related to online authentication.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
10375 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:00 pm

Yeah, the blurry GUIs are the authentication system. If they’re blurry for more than a second or two, I would make sure you have a steady internet connection and all the iLok stuff is working. If yes to both, contact UA support.

HcDoom
KVRAF
1577 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm

No problems here what so ever, everything went smooth right from the beginning. :)

dubguy99
KVRist
230 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Post Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:58 am

The blurring is kinda inconsistent. Like for some reason, my 1073 never stops unblurring now for some reason. The other plugs work. Reinstall doesn't fix it. Sent a ticket to support.

Love these plugins and the actual audio processing is very stable, but UA Connect / Spark system is a piece of trash technically, supper buggy.

whassup
KVRist
Topic Starter
214 posts since 2 Oct, 2021

Post Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:20 am

Thanx y'all. So nothing special here. Still blurry. Will check with support next week. If this doesn't get fixed quickly I'm out. Don't need this kinda drama. :roll:

DiBase
KVRer
16 posts since 16 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:51 pm

3-5$ for 3 month's is a steal to try out High Quality Plugins from UAD. I can honestly say I'm very fond of their quality but running UAD Connect and an iLock for license activation is not only crippling CPU resources but also feels very weird and unsatisfactory. There are always issues with this that result in the beforementioned blury gui or it takes eons of loading times to work properly. Products are high quality but delivery sucks a*.

Return to “Effects”