Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Oddly enough, it's the omission of Augmented Piano that keeps me on the fence. I would have rather they included that over the additional sound-sets, which more than a few would prove to be unnecessary bloat for me. Also forces me more towards a choice of whether to upgrade or just be done with it and sell off everything but Pigments.

Maybe someone that bought a ".1" version (added plugin not otherwise included) could tell me if they were able to sell off that extra license without it killing that version's collection?

Picked up the everything collection (Belledonne) at Sweetwater. Having A LOT of fun with the synths. Especially the 2500. Haven't even tried Pigments yet. What surprises me is the effects. They are getting more use than I expected. Fragments is the hidden gem for me.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

inaheartbeat wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 pm I got the notification that I could get the collection for $149 based on my previous purchases of Augmented Trio and Coldfire. I was on the fence because it was just over what I wanted to spend but I got lucky and got an unexpected tax refund from the state of MA so I went for it. I have been playing with it for the past couple of days and it is going to take a while to try everything out. Some observations (my opinions of course)

The Augmented Voices and Strings are great. I already owned them but wanted to mention this for anyone thinking about the package. I think these are the two best of the Augmented series so don't fret not having Augmented Piano.

The MS-20 V is just absolutely spot on. I was shocked at how good it was. Very good presets and synth extensions also. This synth will definitely get a lot of use.

The CS-80 V is really really good. I have played a newly serviced CS-80 and this is spot on. Once you start adding the obligatory revers, etc I would be hard pressed to be able to pick out a real CS-80 vs this emulation in practice. The only giveaway would be the polyphonic aftertouch on a real one but the filters and oscillators are really well done.

The Mini-V is not really that close to the real Minimoog. I have one as well as a Behringer D and the filter is definitely not there on this. It is really nice to be able to enable polyphonic mode though. The synth is very good but it isn't yet able to replace an actual minimoog if that is what you are looking for.

Still working through the others but I am very happy with the value so far.
yeah when i had v collection six (a) you had to install every plugin manually and (b) i tried the minimoog and prophet mainly and especially the minimoog i didnt like. the cs-80 is insane now, i have only really tried the cs-80 and the jupiter which i also liked but they fixed alot of useability issues and their modelling is definitely got alot better! once you turn off the baked in fx on the cs-80 and roll your own (on presets) it sounds glorious. you can adress the cs-80 with key independant aftertouch if you have a keyboard that supports it.

I'm having issues with Sem V on win 10, some presets are taking it over 150% cpu on a 3950x, doesn't matter if I change from 48khz to 44khz or adjusting the buffer size, makes no difference if I'm using it in DAW or standalone

Digivolt wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:39 pm I'm having issues with Sem V on win 10, some presets are taking it over 150% cpu on a 3950x, doesn't matter if I change from 48khz to 44khz or adjusting the buffer size, makes no difference if I'm using it in DAW or standalone
You should probably list the presets that are affected. On average I'm seeing between 2-5% CPU here with SEM V.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 am
Digivolt wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:39 pm I'm having issues with Sem V on win 10, some presets are taking it over 150% cpu on a 3950x, doesn't matter if I change from 48khz to 44khz or adjusting the buffer size, makes no difference if I'm using it in DAW or standalone
You should probably list the presets that are affected. On average I'm seeing between 2-5% CPU here with SEM V.
Mainly the sequences, Acid Binge hovers close to 99% sometimes going over

This is the worst though

193%

Task manager shows things very differently though

Tried an uninstall and reinstall but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the behaviour, not playing anything it hovers at 5% CPU use in the instrument but 0.1% in Task Manager

Digivolt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:44 pm 193%

Task manager shows things very differently though

Tried an uninstall and reinstall but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the behaviour, not playing anything it hovers at 5% CPU use in the instrument but 0.1% in Task Manager
Can't imagine what might be causing that CPU use. I'm only seeing about 3% with that preset.

Running on Windows 10, with Focusrite USB audio set to ASIO at 48k with buffer size 256. Any lower buffers here and SEM V just crashes.

Hello Digivolt,

did you contact our tech support? If not, please we will investigate the issue.

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

Kevin

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:12 am
Hello Digivolt,

did you contact our tech support? If not, please we will investigate the issue.

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

Kevin
Not yet but I will, thanks for reaching out!

Hi, just wondering if anyone using V Collection 9 instruments with an Arturia keyboard in Reason 12 is also experiencing this -- by default no Arturia keyboard knobs do anything on the V Collection 9 instruments (when added as a VST in the Reason rack), compared to using the instruments in standalone where knobs are already mapped. I know I can do midi learn in Reason, but wondering if I have some setting wrong.

Cavey Arrgh wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:47 pm Hi, just wondering if anyone using V Collection 9 instruments with an Arturia keyboard in Reason 12 is also experiencing this -- by default no Arturia keyboard knobs do anything on the V Collection 9 instruments (when added as a VST in the Reason rack), compared to using the instruments in standalone where knobs are already mapped. I know I can do midi learn in Reason, but wondering if I have some setting wrong.
I don't use Reason, but do have V Collection and Arturia KeyLab Mk II.

It should work unless Reason, your host, is intercepting the CC messages somehow which is interfering with the MIDI data passing through. The knobs should remain mapped same as standalone. They do at least in the DAWs I use here.

Thx; considering they work in other DAWs without manually doing midi learn, perhaps I'll email Reason support.

I recently got Minilab 3 and I can't get it to work reliably with Reason 12. I don't use Reason all that much. It worked for me last week, but I just tried it in response to your question and the Arturia control mode is not working. It does work in DAW mode. Changing nothing, I fired up Studio One 6 and it worked fine there in both modes.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 pm Arturia's 2022 freebie: https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... 0/overview
Nice one! Gifts are always joyful, especially if they remind you of youth :party:
call me hand

Return to “Instruments”