Virtual Ensoniq TS10/TS12 VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I'm playing in mono mode most of the time anyway, so normal after-touch should be enough, no? I mean, I don't need independent pressure on different keys, if it affects the whole range, no prob.
Basically, I have the 'feedback layer' always on at 0 volume, and then increase the volume of it based on the pressure of the key. Still not doable?

sure, no transwaves and no poly aftertouch means that its not really using anything unique to the ts10.

just multisample the patch like beej says.

okay thanks.. so do you think the Kontakt 2 effects engine can cut it?

cameron_sydney wrote:okay thanks.. so do you think the Kontakt 2 effects engine can cut it?
if not, there's a million vst effects out there, you could put together your own ts10 style routing effect by effect.

its a hell of a lot of sampling though, 3 patch thingies at multiple velocities thats hundreds if not thousands of samples.

good luck.
Last edited by blaster78 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Wusikstation VSTi was mostly based on the TS/ASR Ensoniq series. Some people claim it was based on the Wavestation, but that's a wrong statement, far from the truth. It doesn't have the Ensoniq Effects, but stil, its a very good solution. :cool:

Best Regards, WilliamK

the efects are the same as the dp4 apparently, theres one of them on ebay at the moment for $289 and they usually go for about $300-350. you could get one of them and a cheap rack sampler and go that way instead of a receptor if you wanted more authenticity.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but was there any update to this ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:11 am Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but was there any update to this ?
Nope, but Arturia did a SQ-80 emulation and added a bunch of Transwaves as well. Not sure what synths they got them from. Obviously a different synth, but I think the SQ-80 filter gives it some depth that the TS/ASR didn’t have. Throw some Eventide plugins on it and you’re pretty deep into that sound territory.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

About the best I could find was a 1+ Gig sample pack of the TS-12 from a company named norCTrack. It seems to be a legit company, and there have been several people here at KVR that have used them. I personally haven't and can't vouch for anything, but here's some reviews about the company and their samples:

viewtopic.php?p=7459294#p7459294

https://audiosex.pro/threads/why-norctr ... bad.57404/

In short, the quality is mediocre, but you are using samples, not a live synth.

Here's the website link:

https://vst-store.com/products-norctrac ... tails.html

In short, it's not the greatest option, but it may be something to get you by until you find something better. :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

norctrack have the worst audio quality unfortunately, and lots of obvious mistakes in samples too.

Gotta say that SQ-80V is a fantastic ESQ-1/SQ-80 VSTi. Not quite a TS10 of course, but really, really good. I owned a real ESQ-1 back in the late '80s and geeked out big time at how close the Arturia modeling is. Loads old SYSEX dumps just fine too.

stoopicus wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:29 pm Gotta say that SQ-80V is a fantastic ESQ-1/SQ-80 VSTi. Not quite a TS10 of course, but really, really good. I owned a real ESQ-1 back in the late '80s and geeked out big time at how close the Arturia modeling is. Loads old SYSEX dumps just fine too.
does it have any Pianos, EPs, Drum Kits, similar to TS-10/12 ?

TS-12 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:08 am
stoopicus wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:29 pm Gotta say that SQ-80V is a fantastic ESQ-1/SQ-80 VSTi. Not quite a TS10 of course, but really, really good. I owned a real ESQ-1 back in the late '80s and geeked out big time at how close the Arturia modeling is. Loads old SYSEX dumps just fine too.
You can try it yourself for free. It works for around 15 minutes at a time in demo mode, with no dropouts or obnoxious white noise. You can't save presets, but you can try out the hundreds of presets that come with it.

I've never owned a TS-10 or TS-12, but the pianos and electric pianos on the Arturia SQ-80 emulation are pretty nice.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

No. A lot of that was sample based, and the SQ didn’t have sample play back.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:27 am
No. A lot of that was sample based, and the SQ didn’t have sample play back.
Agreed. As much as I loved my ESQ-1, I would not hold it up against later synths for piano sound fidelity. It does have piano and bell waveforms so it's not bad at all, but isn't going to compete well with a full sample based synth.

Its EP sounds actually sound quite good IMO but not if you're looking for fidelity to an actual Rhodes or something.

Drums - think very '80s drum machine sounds with it rather than a real kit.

The SQ line was all about being a fantastic and offbeat digital workhorse for electronic sounds, and fidelity to analog instruments wasn't its forte. It had an advantage over some of the other synths released in the same era in that its oscillators could use real "sampled" waveforms in ROM, but they weren't full samples and later synths would easily beat it at those kind of sounds.

Return to “Instruments”