KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The electribe certainly is interesting given there aren’t so many drum synths on the market. But why did they go with the same UI as a hardware or multitouch device ? Too much travel with mouse whatever you want to do. And fake brushed aluminum really ?
The sequencer doesn’t provide rachetting nor different time signature per lane ?
Microtonic still rules then …
Or wait till the Volca series make it into the collection …

Still no Trinity, no N-Series, no 01/W, no Z1, but an electribe. Interesting choices, same goes for microkorg over ms2000.

Personally, i'd be more interested in modwave native and a collection of all three, but i think they want to sell a bit more of the hardware...

I just bought the microKORG VST as a former owner of the hardware. I was kind of missing it, but it was not clear to me that it was VST3 only as my DAW (Reason) doesn't support VST3 yet despite it mentioning Reason 11 in the system requirements.

Reason 12 is about to have VST3 support soon.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:09 am Reason 12 is about to have VST3 support soon.
Yes, but I still feel misled.

Reason 12 was an odd choice all right.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

TheDragonborg wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:14 am
Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:09 am Reason 12 is about to have VST3 support soon.
Yes, but I still feel misled.
Yes, they shouldn't write Reason! Or they should write under Mac (AU2 and VST3 only) while Windows (VST3 only). Anyway, expect all new synths to be VST3 only as Steinberg doesn't license VST2 anymore AFAIK.

The thing is, it seems Korg has mostly Mac OS oriented development. So, under MacOS it maybe runs under Reason but with AU version.

Still OPSix with graphics glitches on Windows! It runs perfectly fine on Mac OS though!

Happy to see the high-res update to the Odyssey's UI (finally!) but sad that there's still no way to make the Oscillator tuning occur in steps... just making one Osc drop -12 semitones is bizarrely difficult, as it will always land on decimals above or below 12, takes a while to get close, then you have to hold a 'fine tune' modifier and even with *that* it's still fiddly and hard to land on 12.00..... ugh. Just add a damn modifier key to jump in full semitone steps, please!

Still an amazing synth, though.

:ud: i've just tried microkorg. its vsti3 only?

Yes. It is VST3/AUv2.

EnGee wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:30 am
The thing is, it seems Korg has mostly Mac OS oriented development.
I've been coming to the conclusion that that's the reason Korg stuff is so buggy for me.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

It is not all are sweet and dandy with Mac M1! Before the latest updates, M1 (I mean Korg M1) was crushing Ableton Live 11 and wasn't that stable in Logic. With the latest update, it is working fine. Anyway, in general Korg synths work fine in Windows but they work better on Mac (and Odyssey has clearer image and fonts than in Windows now).

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:38 am If you have a Korg Collection 3, then you need to login in your account and in the offers (link) section, you would find a coupon that you use to purchase the upgrade version. Otherwise, you really need to contact their support. There was a link that Dan (a manager there) once gave me in another Forums (VI Control). I'll check it and paste it here for anyone wants to contact them.
That's just to be able to purchase the $99 upgrade option, correct? I don't think it gives any additional discount over the upgrade price.

So how are the new analog emulations anyways? Like the Microkorg. Odyssey level quality or more like the older ones?

So has anybody asked where we can download gazillions of free hardware presets for the MicroKorg that can be imported into the software version yet?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”