Sound differences with Diva in different versions of Bitwig.

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone on here can help shed some light on an issue I'm experiencing. I have been using Bitwig since the v1 beta on Linux and I've purchased upgrade licenses ever since.

However, I have a machine with a bunch of tracks on that is stuck on the version 1.1.16 of Bitwig due to some of the tracks on that machine sounding different after I upgrade Bitwig. One very obvious case is the u-he Diva synth in a specific track that has poly on a pad synth. After upgrading, the polyphony has gone and the pad sounds very different as a result. I've tried every version of Bitwig since 1 with this track, in the hope that the issue is resolved and also tried upgrading the Diva synth too in each instance, but alas it always loses the polyphony after the upgrades.

At some point this OS (Ubuntu 18.04) will go EOL and I'd like to upgrade the OS and Bitwig version and be able to continue working on these legacy/unfinshed tracks without the described issue above.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting I can apply somewhere to resolve it? I've reached out to Bitwig, but they have been unable to help.

I've attached a bouncedown of the Diva track in a couple of Bitwig versions to demonstrate the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Keito
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just asking....
Have you tried to export the midi data to a file in Bitwig 1, analyze it with a midi player to check for possible errors, then reimport it in a new Bitwig 4.4.3 project?

Fabrizio

Turns out the preset was *not* polyphonic <faceplam>, and Bitwig v1 was playing the top notes in the midi track, whereas in all following versions it was playing the bottom notes.

Issue resolved, I just updated the midi track by removing the bottom notes.

Return to “u-he Linux support”