Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kidslow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:00 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:55 am
Uncle E wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:32 am
noexitrecords wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:24 am I see there is a sale on Sonible Smart.Comp 2. Is there any discount available for the upgrade from version 1 to 2?
Sorry, not that I'm aware of. Maybe they're offering it on their own site?
Yes they are (20,86 €)... does that mean retailers won't be allowed to carry it?
17,38 € if you are not subject to VAT.

BUT there is definitely something screwy with the sonible web store. I backed out of using their preferred payment system because it was forcing me into a terrible currency conversion from EUR to USD and the upgrade price now shows 29,17 € ... but I was able to restore my session and pay 17.38 in € using paypal.
Thanks, I missed that "incl VAT" at first. Paypal let me pay "in euros" but charged my card $18.88 USD, an extra $0.70 over what it would be at the current euro:USD rate of 1:1.05.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:19 pm Thanks, I missed that "incl VAT" at first. Paypal let me pay "in euros" but charged my card $18.88 USD, an extra $0.70 over what it would be at the current euro:USD rate of 1:1.05.
Somewhere there is an option (very hidden, dark pattern) to disable allowing Paypal to do the currency conversion. I don't ever let Paypal convert currency, because, "They f**k you at the drive thru" to quote Joe Pesci. My credit card always gives me the current rate within a few cents.

Did sonible drop the license in your account, or was it just me who didn't get one after purchase?

kidslow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:25 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:19 pm Thanks, I missed that "incl VAT" at first. Paypal let me pay "in euros" but charged my card $18.88 USD, an extra $0.70 over what it would be at the current euro:USD rate of 1:1.05.
Somewhere there is an option (very hidden, dark pattern) to disable allowing Paypal to do the currency conversion. I don't ever let Paypal convert currency, because, "They f**k you at the drive thru" to quote Joe Pesci. My credit card always gives me the current rate within a few cents.

Did sonible drop the license in your account, or was it just me who didn't get one after purchase?
Sonible's site is showing the license in my account....

I've got to search for how to find that Paypal feature, thanks!

So, anyone checked out the new Waves BB Tubes? Sounds great to me.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/bb-tubes# ... saturation

I was thinking of buying Inflator, but I think I can avoid it now (and I wanted to, since it needs iLok Cloud activation).

For the Waves free plugin with purchase > $50---for purchases from third-party retailers is > $50 determined by the sale price on the Waves website or what you actually pay?..

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:46 pm So, anyone checked out the new Waves BB Tubes? Sounds great to me.
My first thought is how different is it from Klanghelm SDRR? I've got the little Waves freebie and SDRR2tube, but don't have time right now to run them through their paces. On first look, appears to be a lot of overlap ... and all else being equal (or even nearly so) would go with Klanghelm every time.

Also I noticed the full retail price of $149, and that Waves appears to be pricing full retail on their newly introduced plugins at much more reasonable points (for Waves anyway), which makes the full retail prices (i.e. WUP me baby) of their back catalog even more unconscionable.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:10 pm For the Waves free plugin with purchase > $50---for purchases from third-party retailers is > $50 determined by the sale price on the Waves website or what you actually pay?..
It's determined by the price on Waves website.
Waves don't know and don't care how much you paid the reseller...

kidslow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:26 pm My first thought is how different is it from Klanghelm SDRR? I've got the little Waves freebie and SDRR2tube, but don't have time right now to run them through their paces. On first look, appears to be a lot of overlap ... and all else being equal (or even nearly so) would go with Klanghelm every time.
I assume the SDRR2Tube is the full Tube algo from the full SDRR? If so it's very versatile, tweaking even/odd harmonics etc. Lil' tube sounds ok but no match imo. Heck, you can get Soundtoys Little Radiator still free at the mo which sounds better. Imo. I wonder if ST got wind of Waves freebie and released Little Radiator for free to mess with them. :)

Uncle E wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:32 am
@Uncle E
Could you please write when the Project Sam sale ends?
Thank you.

The Waves freebie Lil Tube is a waste. Don't bother with it. However, I am demoing Magma BB Tubes now (on drums and bass) and it sounds very impressive. Not that you won't have anything similar already, but if you don't have many saturation/inflation plugins, this one sounds extremely good.

Don't have the Klanghelm stuff, but NI Supercharger GT and NEOLD BIG AL (and to some extent Black Box Analog Design HG-2) in my collection sound very close to it, but I am still hearing a slightly better quality with BB Tubes, especially in the highs.

I still haven't bought it, but being a Waves plugins lover it might take me over the fence, especially for the $25 price.

You'll find the currency option when you go to confirm payment type. In other words, if you have a credit card as your main payment option, Paypal will ask you to confirm you want to pay with that or something else. Below that is some words about currency conversion and you have to click that to go through to another page which will allow you to choose to pay in the seller's currency - and it comes with a 'warning' that you won't get Paypal's rate. You have to do this for every transaction - there's no setting that will allow you to set a default to pay automatically in the seller's currency.

It's almost as if Paypal wants to mislead customers into thinking they're not taking a big whack of commission.

For context, my credit card company charges a 2.75% fee when I pay in US Dollars but that is still cheaper than using the PayPal rate.
The best bet is to use a card with no extra fees that also offers a good rate.

everyPlugin.com wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:07 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:10 pm For the Waves free plugin with purchase > $50---for purchases from third-party retailers is > $50 determined by the sale price on the Waves website or what you actually pay?..
It's determined by the price on Waves website.
Waves don't know and don't care how much you paid the reseller...
Also, you should always try to get more freebies. I've had a "glitch" once where I bought a bundle upgrade and got many more freebies than what I paid for

Mbm wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:06 pm @Uncle E
Could you please write when the Project Sam sale ends?
Thank you.
It ends today.

I remember changing it for good years ago but I don't remember where the option was hidden; right now, if I buy something in, let's say, US$ my credit card company makes the conversion (I'm in the EU) and yes it's cheaper than Paypal
Double Tap wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 pm

You'll find the currency option when you go to confirm payment type. In other words, if you have a credit card as your main payment option, Paypal will ask you to confirm you want to pay with that or something else. Below that is some words about currency conversion and you have to click that to go through to another page which will allow you to choose to pay in the seller's currency - and it comes with a 'warning' that you won't get Paypal's rate. You have to do this for every transaction - there's no setting that will allow you to set a default to pay automatically in the seller's currency.

It's almost as if Paypal wants to mislead customers into thinking they're not taking a big whack of commission.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”