Architect: Strange arpeggiator behavior.

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I'm still testing the Architect's demo version.
The problem is as follows:
when I insert three modules (MIDI input <host>, Arpeggiator and MIDI output <host>) and play one note, the arpeggiator produces some notes even though it is empty.
An example is in the image attachment.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm, peculiar behaviour. As you realise, this should not be how it works!

Could you trying connecting the arpeggiator output to a [midi to tuple], and the output of this to a [print] module, and then try again. This will trace all the MIDI events directly coming from the arpeggiator to the console, which you can make visible by clicking the icon on the status bar, next to "Unregistered Evaluation".
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the tip. I did exactly as you suggested. The debugger window shows that the same note is being generated that I hold down. I tried to reset Reaper and the whole system because I thought maybe something was stuck in memory etc. but the effect is the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for the additional information, which does confirm exactly what you are saying is happening. As to why that is, I am stumped. Could you save the REAPER project and either attach it to this forum thread, or PM it to me, or email it to support (at) loomer.co.uk? Thank you.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Of course. This time the situation is exactly the opposite. Only the first two notes (of the 8 steps) are played, while the rest are skipped - no matter how many I select. I will send you e-mail.
Thank you.

Thank you, I have gotten your patch and am currently scratching my head whilst I try to work out what is going wrong!

Hi.

Any good news about arp issue ? And scaling interface issue of course.

Have a nice day.

I have made (some) progress on the REAPER scaling, but still flailing with the ARP problem. I'm absolutely snowed under with development and support stuff this week, but I will make a concerted effort towards the end of the week to get a fix to you.

Thanks for info Colin.

Best

Hi again.

Any good news about arp ? Did you solve reaper scaling ?

Best

I believe I have these fixed in the most recent (as yet unreleased) build. I'll get a Windows build together tomorrow and send you a link if you'd be happy to confirm the changes.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:42 pm I believe I have these fixed in the most recent (as yet unreleased) build. I'll get a Windows build together tomorrow and send you a link if you'd be happy to confirm the changes.
Hi.

Of course, I can test it.

Thank you. Best.

Return to “Loomer”