[SOLVED] Bitwig 4.4 API in pdf format ?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(Linux) From Bitwig firefox yields a 'file not found' when trying to access /opt/bitwig-studio/resources/doc/control-surface/api/index.html

When I open the manually in Firefox it only shows a few lines with a link to itself.

Is there a PDF version of the API ? The page also mentions a Control Surface Scripting Guide. Is this also available as a plain PDF file ?

bitwigAPI.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mevla wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:51 pm (Linux) From Bitwig firefox yields a 'file not found' when trying to access /opt/bitwig-studio/resources/doc/control-surface/api/index.html

When I open the manually in Firefox it only shows a few lines with a link to itself.

Is there a PDF version of the API ? The page also mentions a Control Surface Scripting Guide. Is this also available as a plain PDF file ?

bitwigAPI.jpg
it looks as if you have javascript disabled on the help? and no PDF available afik... that would be massive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

It could have been that javascript was disabled since there's the uMatrix extension installed, but I disabled it altogether and it's still the same. I also tried with chromium, which has to extensions installed at all and it's the same result. Is there an online version ?

On the other hand it can see the Launchpad controller script help file.
bitwigLaunchpadHelp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Check in a different browser - e.g. chrome. In latest Ubuntu versions(probably other distributions, too, but I didnt try), many browsers that are installed via Snap are confined for security reasons. They have problems with many pathes outside your direct home directory(roughly said, I didnt analyze it thoroughly, but I con confirm the problems you describe here, and also had problems saving downloaded files to different folders and additional disk partitions, even though mounted into my home dir.
Chromium when installed via snap has the same issue, chrome doesnt.

Another option is to copy the whole api (or the full, resources dir above) somewhere directly into your home, then it works with firefox, too.

hennsensen wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:47 pm Check in a different browser - e.g. chrome. In latest Ubuntu versions(probably other distributions, too, but I didnt try), many browsers that are installed via Snap are confined for security reasons.
I can confirm now, via a Windows firefox installed through the Linux wine bridge : it reads correctly the api documentation.

I wonder sometimes if the objective of the Linux 'community' in the long term is to replicate Windows systems, warts and all.

I'll take the necessary steps to get rid of this snap thing and replace apps affected by it with the 'real ones'.

Thanks for your comment, cheers.

Return to “Controller Scripting”