KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 am
Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:12 am I was close to buying a Nanopad, is it really that bad, how many m/s lag does it have?
It's been a couple years since I tried it. Recall that it was a combination of lag and touch resolution, as far as where I was touching the pad and where it was responding on the plugin UI.

I would gladly pay for a device with precision, and this was not it!
I guess I'm just stuck with using a mouse for the time being... :(

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 am
BBFG# wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:29 pmEdit: After installing these three as demos, I see they're all Windows Audio without even an ASIO option! And also not worth any price to me. They'll definitely have to include them for free with a real upgrade to get me to own these.
Have you even tried using them with Windows Audio? You may be surprised. Roli Equator uses Windows Audio by default and it works a treat with acceptably low latency.
Of course I have since it didn't give me a choice. I prefer ASIO. The point being is that everything else of theirs does have ASIO and runs better that way and for whatever reason is not working properly to allow me to set them to ASIO also. And I'll repeat yet again that the ARP Odyssey works as is supposed to on my WIN 7 System but not on my WIN 10 System. There's absolutely no argument to excuse them from not fixing this and I'm now starting my fifth round with support after this last update. So far, they've yet to reply, but the four previous times they went silent after some replying they didn't know why it was happening. The last thing I want to do is spend money on products showing the same problem and that support is as lame as it is in this regard. (I don't even think they're worth this sale price really.)

I've already uninstalled those demos. And depending on support, will uninstall Odyssey if they repeat their history of going silent instead of fixing it again. Everything else works great.
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I prefer ASIO"? WTF does that even mean? If you don't look, you won't know. It's completely and utterly irrelevant.

The only "excuse" they need to not "fix" the problem is that nobody but you gives a flying f**k. It works, it just doesn't happen to work in a particular way that you would like it to. Get over yourself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:02 am "I prefer ASIO"? WTF does that even mean? If you don't look, you won't know. It's completely and utterly irrelevant.

The only "excuse" they need to not "fix" the problem is that nobody but you gives a flying f**k. It works, it just doesn't happen to work in a particular way that you would like it to. Get over yourself.
Well now you're just being your usual self and no longer worth any more of my time. Be Well.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 am
BONES wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:02 am "I prefer ASIO"? WTF does that even mean? If you don't look, you won't know. It's completely and utterly irrelevant.

Well now you're just being your usual self and no longer worth any more of my time. Be Well.
ignore button (add foe) is your friend.

Sorry for my lazyness,

no time to download the demo and make an account to check myself, so I try asking :

Does microKORG have a 4 voices max polyphony mode ? (I ask for nostalgy reasons :))

Which are the steps of max polyphony (up to 64) from the "open global settings" menu ?

Just a "open global settings" menu screenshot would be great... no such info in the product manual.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I impulsively went for the upgrade from Legacy (including Odyssey), which was 199. So I get Triton, Prophecy, MiniKorg, MicroKorg, Electribe and Kaoss Pad. 33 a piece seems like a decent deal. Had always wanted the Triton and happy to get these new ones with it.

Question though: Is there any point having the original Triton if you have the Triton Extreme installed? Doesn't the Extreme have everything the Triton has and keeping the tube drive or whatever down should be the same? Or am I wrong and it has different content?

Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:28 am
zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 am
Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:12 am I was close to buying a Nanopad, is it really that bad, how many m/s lag does it have?
It's been a couple years since I tried it. Recall that it was a combination of lag and touch resolution, as far as where I was touching the pad and where it was responding on the plugin UI.

I would gladly pay for a device with precision, and this was not it!
I guess I'm just stuck with using a mouse for the time being... :(
Or if you can map your x/y to MIDI CC from your controller, then a couple of knobs or sliders can offer mouse-free operation. Works well with the vector joystick in the KORG Wavestation (choose CC in settings menu). The Wavestate Native uses CC16 & CC17 for the x/y vector joystick (so it requires a controller setup to send those CCs).

If you cannot directly assign the x/y to CC in your plugin, you can look for x/y in the automation parameters in your DAW.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:57 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 am

ignore button (add foe) is your friend.
It would be, but one has to be signed in for that to take effect. And I try to limit myself from even doing that. It's mostly easier to just scroll past the usual trolls trying to feed their emotional contention needs. Direct quotes sometimes need a direct response, but not always. My response here was more towards KORG. Bones is therefore just the Macguffen in this regard. There are stopped clocks and broken clocks that can either be right twice a day or right in an abstract-inconsistency of sorts. Bones is in the latter category, and with intermittent alarms that no one set but still goes off with no snooze button. I can easily scan his noise and not miss anything important without having to "foe".

The idea that anyone should need to change all of their preferred consistent settings of working plugins to match the couple that don't is illogical and ludicrous... And the person insisting that obviously has some type of cognitive issue.

On the chance that an issue is happening to someone else and also that someone from Korg is reading (which is what got support to open another ticket last time - although with the same result of no fix and silence), it's important that these things get posted IMO. No matter if some members feel inconvenienced by them. The only way to stop us who have these continued issues is for the company to fix it. And the problem not only still exists, but has increased into new plugins.

does seem weird to not be asio, not like it's a new thing and only a few synths use it (like mpe or something).
it's the basic standard for pretty much all interfaces?

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm does seem weird to not be asio, not like it's a new thing and only a few synths use it (like mpe or something).
On Windows certainly, not Mac since OS-X

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:35 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm does seem weird to not be asio, not like it's a new thing and only a few synths use it (like mpe or something).
On Windows certainly, not Mac since OS-X
thanks, didn't know that.
although i imagine it's not windows audio either ? :hihi:

Afaik there is no asio on mac since os x. They did their own thing called core audio.
So indeed no asio on mac is only an issue if you are somehow still running os9 from 20+ years ago :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:11 pmIf someone of Korg is reading please do the Trinity and the 01/W. :pray:
Why Trinity? It's really just a worse version of a Triton. 01/W makes sense, it had a fairly unique sound engine.
It has some 90s classic trance sounds and presets, and for some it is better sounding than the Triton.

Return to “Instruments”