About CLAP

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper V. 6.71 is out today - with CLAP support! :clap:
https://www.reaper.fm/

Excellent

I'm trying to wrap my head around what "non-destructive polyphonic modulation" means and what it refers to. VSTi's only have synths with destructive monophonic modulation? If so, what's that?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

VSTs only have automation - the automation envelope takes over control over the parameter. Modulation is an offset from the value of the parameter and it doesn't take over control over the parameter. Modulation is an additional thing on top of manual parameter control and host automation. Just like LFOs and envelopes in a synth.

CLAP news wrap up for November is online :-)
https://youtu.be/n3SWRKyyPBM

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:54 pm I'm trying to wrap my head around what "non-destructive polyphonic modulation" means and what it refers to. VSTi's only have synths with destructive monophonic modulation? If so, what's that?
As Evil Dragon said, when you automate a knob in a VSTi, you'll see the knob move. Depending on your host, the knob may remain unchanged, while the sound is being impacted behind the scenes just like an LFO. This allows you to fine tune and move the knob rather than taking it over.

As far as I know, only Bitwig supports that at the moment. Reaper doesn't have Polyphonic Modulation or Non-Destructive Modulation yet.

Nice recap and good insights into some of the upcoming CLAP developments:
https://cleveraudio.org/news/half-a-year-in/

Yeah, especially that Epic adopted CLAP for Unreal is da bomb!
Totally new venues for plugin developers ahead...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Very cool! I'm carefully watching to see when CLAP passes LV2. I have no doubt it will, but I'm watching to know when it will happen. :)

For those curious, there is no actual recent count, but it is believed that there are just over 1000 LV2 plugins (almost entirely on Linux). That means that CLAP is already 10% of the way there in just six month's time. :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:49 pmThat means that CLAP is already 10% of the way there in just six month's time. :)
Some Linux/Libre Audio/LV2 Devs are now leading the way in porting/enabling CLAP builds ;)

For me it's not just about quantity though, I'd love to see CLAP adopt some of the more advanced LV2 features that are not there yet.

Agreed. But, Considering how fast the adoption rate is moving,it’s a beautiful thing, isn’t it? 😎👍🏼
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

DRMR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:34 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:49 pmThat means that CLAP is already 10% of the way there in just six month's time. :)
Some Linux/Libre Audio/LV2 Devs are now leading the way in porting/enabling CLAP builds ;)

For me it's not just about quantity though, I'd love to see CLAP adopt some of the more advanced LV2 features that are not there yet.
What are some examples of these more advanced LV2 features? Very curious.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:13 am What are some examples of these more advanced LV2 features? Very curious.
Atom ports, CV-ports (I know its in the works for CLAP, but still very preliminary and undefined there), alternative UI options (some companies have made their own UI extensions, like MOD with `modgui` ).
There's probably more, but I don't know enough of the details to explain it proper ;)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:14 pm Yeah, especially that Epic adopted CLAP for Unreal is da bomb!
Totally new venues for plugin developers ahead...

Cheers,

Tom
That is a huge market for CLAP...

Return to “u-he”