Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

MacGyver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:31 am The Zenology workstation plugin looks very interesting. However, I have some questions:

- Is it available natively for M1 cpus in the VST3 format? I use M1 Macs, and my daws support VST3 only.
- Is Zenology available as one-time purchase? I am not interested in the other plugins, and do not want to subscribe to a regular payment construction.
- Does it support MPE?
- What about Clap support?

Thank you!
I'm not sure about all your questions, but here is some info about the M1 question:
https://9to5mac.com/2021/07/20/roland-u ... r-m1-macs/

I thought I read somewhere else that the M1 support is AU only, not VST3, but I'm not 100% sure.

The Zenology Pro lifetime key is available for $229.

M1 performance with VST is very disappointing. Audio Unit on the other hand is for the most part VERY good.

Hey, friends. I hope everyone had a nice chill time with loved ones this last week. Let's take a look at some of the questions from over the holiday.
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:32 am Hey Bran,
So when can we expect new instruments from Roland rather than just additional sounds for existing ones?
Hi, Atlatnesiti! We have some wonderful releases planned for '23 that I'm very excited to share with everyone, but for now that's all I can say. 😉
MacGyver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:31 am The Zenology workstation plugin looks very interesting. However, I have some questions:

- Is it available natively for M1 cpus in the VST3 format? I use M1 Macs, and my daws support VST3 only.
- Is Zenology available as one-time purchase? I am not interested in the other plugins, and do not want to subscribe to a regular payment construction.
- Does it support MPE?
- What about Clap support?

Thank you!
Hi, MacGyver. Great pick, ZENOLOGY is a fantastic synth.

Our AU format is native to Apple Silicon machines, and the VST formats are in progress. I don't have any information on plans to support the CLAP format currently. At this time, MPE is not supported, and but I'll add it to our weekly request report to get it on the list.

As for purchasing options, if you'd like to skip monthly or annual membership, we have single purchase licenses called Lifetime Keys available for all content in the Roland Cloud Collection. A Lifetime Key for ZENOLOGY Pro is available for $229USD, with each of the Model Expansions priced at $149.

The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, & JX-8P Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499. I recommend it if you want to own ZENOLOGY for your system. Thanks!
EnochLight wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:32 pm Just chiming in for my annual/monthly reminder to Brian: please release an ACB of the JX-8P that we can Plug-Out to our System-8. I'll buy an annual sub instantly at that point, regular price or sale price. :hihi:
Hey, EnochLight! I've got your request in the report this week. Thanks for letting me know. 🙌
Last edited by Brian.McClelland on Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Brian!
Do "Lifetime" licenses still need to be reauthorized every thirty days?

Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:16 am
The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, JX-8P, and the JD-800 Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499.
Is this correct?

It does not list the JD-800 Model Expansion as being included when you look at the Offers panel in the Roland Cloud App.

I would consider the deal much more seriously if the JD-800 is, in fact, included.

JamminFool wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 am
The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, JX-8P, and the JD-800 Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499.
Is this correct?

It does not list the JD-800 Model Expansion as being included when you look at the Offers panel in the Roland Cloud App.

I would consider the deal much more seriously if the JD-800 is, in fact, included.
Hey, JamminFool. I must not have had my coffee before I wrote that post because I misspoke about the inclusion of the JD-800 when describing the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle, the JD-800 is not included. :hihi: Good catch!

The ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle includes Lifetime Keys for:

ZENOLOGY Pro
JX-8P Model Expansion
JUNO-106 Model Expansion
JUPITER 8 Model Expansion
SH-101 Model Expansion
Plus, one year of Roland Cloud Ultimate Membership for new members.

Thanks!

@Brian, thanks for clearing that up. you saved me $500. :ud:

Hi Brian,

i would like to see a Alpha Juno/MKS50 Plugin. A great wish of mine.

Greetings from Germany
Collector of VSTs

Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:47 pm
JamminFool wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:27 am
Is this correct?

Hey, JamminFool. I must not have had my coffee before I wrote that post because I misspoke about the inclusion of the JD-800 when describing the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle, the JD-800 is not included. :hihi: Good catch!

The ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle includes Lifetime Keys for:

ZENOLOGY Pro
JX-8P Model Expansion
JUNO-106 Model Expansion
JUPITER 8 Model Expansion
SH-101 Model Expansion
Plus, one year of Roland Cloud Ultimate Membership for new members.

Thanks!
hi Brian,

the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle isnt available for Ultimate members afaik. where can i find this bundle? and is this additionally available for Ultimate memberS?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

nevermind. wrong thread. :oops:

Was hoping I could use Sound Canvas VA on my shiny new M1 Max MacBook Pro, but turns out it just doesn't run on my machine at all. Also considered JV-1080 and XV-5080 plugins but heard they run kinda horrendously on ARM Macs too. Ah well, no Rei Harakami style music for me I guess, I'll just load up Kontakt and make Aphex Twin style idiosyncratic beats with my sample collection; should put them to good use as they've been collecting dust due because uni leaves little time if any at all for my hobbies and other pastimes.

I prefer the Play for Life plan over Analog Icons.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

I never used the analog expansions for Zenology, the standalones/competition are much better. Put in better words, if I look for a juno/jupiter sound, Zenology is my last choice. The JV80/SRX content is great though, you have all of Roland Rom sounds in one go. (except for the drums, hoping for a fully R8 rom drumplug someday)

I want to do Play for Life for next year, and I'm currently a Play for Life customer (from last year), but I don't see what I need to do to resubscribe and take advantage. My auto-bill will kick in January 2023, but how can I make it do Play for Life for next year?

Return to “Instruments”