VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud
Brian.McClelland
KVRist
144 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Hey, friends! I'll be off on Thursday and Friday for the holiday in the US, so let's take a look at some of the questions so far.
ChamomileShark wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:10 pm thanks Brian I've been waiting for this.

You might want to get someone to update that page;

"Act now, this promotion ends on December 31, 2020."

"*Promotion Details: This is a limited time offer that ends December 31st, 2020."
All good! We've run this promo just enough times to have multiple pages and things. Correct link is there now. Thanks for letting me know. :hihi:
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:49 pm
hi Brian, hope you are fine! i dunno if this is true but maybe you can clarify.
wasnt there a rumour or info that you can have a limited number of Lifetime Keys? e.g. 8 and then not more than 8? so if im subscribed 5 years and would theoretically take 10 keys it isnt possible? thx
Hi, Caine123! I'm doing well as we prepare for the holiday season, staying sane. :party:

This is a great point to address. Lifetime Keys are available for all types of content across Roland Cloud, and are available for purchase at any time. When you earn an instrument from the Loyalty Program, or with the Play 4 Life promotion, we refer to those as Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys.

Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys are earned during promotions, as opposed to purchased by the member. Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys can be any instrument from the AIRA, SRX, and Legendary Series, but do not include ZENOLOGY Pro, its' Model Expansions, or bundled instruments.

To address the limits on Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys, let's take a look at the next question.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:03 pm I think next time I renew it’ll take me to 10 lifetime keys. Seem to remember that was the limit and after that each year no extra keys.
@Brian is that the case and if so has there been any discussions re increasing the number (as a few plugins have been added to RC since) or maybe something extra which users who hit that limit can get like lower ultimate sub pricing?
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! Always good to hear from you. This is a great question. We have had some discussions and the result is that we have refined the way reward instruments are tallied.

Loyalty Program members can earn up to ten reward instrument Lifetime Keys (this was a limited time promotion that ended on 12/31/2018. Note, we are unable to add people to this unless joined at the time of promo) and Play 4 Life members can earn up to ten reward instrument Lifetime Keys. So, if you were an early adopter that got to participate in the Loyalty Program, you would be reaching your limit this year, but you could partake in the Play 4 Life promotion to earn more instruments.

Loyalty Program Reward Instrument Lifetime Key Limit = 10

Play 4 Life Reward Instrument Lifetime Key Limit = 10

JamminFool wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:43 pm unfortunately, i have given up hoping they will fix it. they have never responded to this request (not even to explain the thinking) and the choice to not include reverb appears to be by design, although i cannot understand the idea.

by now, they have released thousands of presets which do not use reverb and it would break backward compatibility for anyone who used these presets in projects.
Hey, JamminFool. The reality about the reverb in ZENOLOGY Pro is that it is usually implemented on a Global level with Roland, whether its on a synth or a workstation, etc.

In ZENOLOGY Pro, because of the partials and the complexity of routing internally, there have been questions on the most effective way to implement a reverb. We do hear the requests, don't worry!

It's great talking with everyone this week. Have a great holiday! :D

JamminFool
KVRAF
1743 posts since 16 Apr, 2004 from between my ears

Post Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Brian.McClelland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:05 pm
JamminFool wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:43 pm unfortunately, i have given up hoping they will fix it. they have never responded to this request (not even to explain the thinking) and the choice to not include reverb appears to be by design, although i cannot understand the idea.

by now, they have released thousands of presets which do not use reverb and it would break backward compatibility for anyone who used these presets in projects.
Hey, JamminFool. The reality about the reverb in ZENOLOGY Pro is that it is usually implemented on a Global level with Roland, whether its on a synth or a workstation, etc.

In ZENOLOGY Pro, because of the partials and the complexity of routing internally, there have been questions on the most effective way to implement a reverb. We do hear the requests, don't worry!

thank you for this reply. it's good to know that it is at least being looked at. i will hope for a solution.

have a great holiday, brian.

Caine123
KVRAF
7550 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:09 am

Brian.McClelland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:05 pm Hey, friends! I'll be off on Thursday and Friday for the holiday in the US, so let's take a look at some of the questions so far.
ChamomileShark wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:10 pm thanks Brian I've been waiting for this.

You might want to get someone to update that page;

"Act now, this promotion ends on December 31, 2020."

"*Promotion Details: This is a limited time offer that ends December 31st, 2020."
All good! We've run this promo just enough times to have multiple pages and things. Correct link is there now. Thanks for letting me know. :hihi:
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:49 pm
hi Brian, hope you are fine! i dunno if this is true but maybe you can clarify.
wasnt there a rumour or info that you can have a limited number of Lifetime Keys? e.g. 8 and then not more than 8? so if im subscribed 5 years and would theoretically take 10 keys it isnt possible? thx
Hi, Caine123! I'm doing well as we prepare for the holiday season, staying sane. :party:

This is a great point to address. Lifetime Keys are available for all types of content across Roland Cloud, and are available for purchase at any time. When you earn an instrument from the Loyalty Program, or with the Play 4 Life promotion, we refer to those as Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys.

Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys are earned during promotions, as opposed to purchased by the member. Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys can be any instrument from the AIRA, SRX, and Legendary Series, but do not include ZENOLOGY Pro, its' Model Expansions, or bundled instruments.

To address the limits on Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys, let's take a look at the next question.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:03 pm I think next time I renew it’ll take me to 10 lifetime keys. Seem to remember that was the limit and after that each year no extra keys.
@Brian is that the case and if so has there been any discussions re increasing the number (as a few plugins have been added to RC since) or maybe something extra which users who hit that limit can get like lower ultimate sub pricing?
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! Always good to hear from you. This is a great question. We have had some discussions and the result is that we have refined the way reward instruments are tallied.

Loyalty Program members can earn up to ten reward instrument Lifetime Keys (this was a limited time promotion that ended on 12/31/2018. Note, we are unable to add people to this unless joined at the time of promo) and Play 4 Life members can earn up to ten reward instrument Lifetime Keys. So, if you were an early adopter that got to participate in the Loyalty Program, you would be reaching your limit this year, but you could partake in the Play 4 Life promotion to earn more instruments.

Loyalty Program Reward Instrument Lifetime Key Limit = 10

Play 4 Life Reward Instrument Lifetime Key Limit = 10

hi Brian, thx a lot!
this is really bad to tell you the truth cause i think i might have 5 years? (already? i need to check my plan) full then and why should i stay subscribed to the cloud?
you shouldnt limit the lifetime keys, this is like people want to buy more but you dont let them :D.

and if i want to keep more than 10 instruments i need a cloud, which i dont want to.

so yeah i will check my status and see what 10 instruments i choose...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Atlatnesiti
KVRian
583 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:32 am

Hey Bran,
So when can we expect new instruments from Roland rather than just additional sounds for existing ones?

MacGyver
KVRist
54 posts since 19 Apr, 2017

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 am

The Zenology workstation plugin looks very interesting. However, I have some questions:

- Is it available natively for M1 cpus in the VST3 format? I use M1 Macs, and my daws support VST3 only.
- Is Zenology available as one-time purchase? I am not interested in the other plugins, and do not want to subscribe to a regular payment construction.
- Does it support MPE?
- What about Clap support?

Thank you!

EnochLight
KVRAF
2151 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Nom..nom.. YOUR MOM

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 am

Just chiming in for my annual/monthly reminder to Brian: please release an ACB of the JX-8P that we can Plug-Out to our System-8. I'll buy an annual sub instantly at that point, regular price or sale price. :hihi:
Last edited by EnochLight on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

J Veronica
KVRist
32 posts since 23 Jul, 2020

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:42 am

If more Plugouts come out, I hope there's an update to back them up to the SD card on the System 8.

Also bring the Circuit Mod and Juno Chorus to the System 8 engine :)

Examigan
KVRAF
7029 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:45 pm

MacGyver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 am The Zenology workstation plugin looks very interesting. However, I have some questions:

- Is it available natively for M1 cpus in the VST3 format? I use M1 Macs, and my daws support VST3 only.
- Is Zenology available as one-time purchase? I am not interested in the other plugins, and do not want to subscribe to a regular payment construction.
- Does it support MPE?

Thank you!
I'm not sure about all your questions, but here is some info about the M1 question:
https://9to5mac.com/2021/07/20/roland-u ... r-m1-macs/

I thought I read somewhere else that the M1 support is AU only, not VST3, but I'm not 100% sure.

The Zenology Pro lifetime key is available for $229.

Mogular
KVRist
262 posts since 30 May, 2005

Post Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:40 pm

M1 performance with VST is very disappointing. Audio Unit on the other hand is for the most part VERY good.

Brian.McClelland
KVRist

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Hey, friends. I hope everyone had a nice chill time with loved ones this last week. Let's take a look at some of the questions from over the holiday.
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:32 am Hey Bran,
So when can we expect new instruments from Roland rather than just additional sounds for existing ones?
Hi, Atlatnesiti! We have some wonderful releases planned for '23 that I'm very excited to share with everyone, but for now that's all I can say. 😉
MacGyver wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 am The Zenology workstation plugin looks very interesting. However, I have some questions:

- Does it support MPE?

Thank you!
Hi, MacGyver. Great pick, ZENOLOGY is a fantastic synth.

Our AU format is native to Apple Silicon machines, and the VST formats are in progress. I don't have any information on plans to support the CLAP format currently. At this time, MPE is not supported, and but I'll add it to our weekly request report to get it on the list.

As for purchasing options, if you'd like to skip monthly or annual membership, we have single purchase licenses called Lifetime Keys available for all content in the Roland Cloud Collection. A Lifetime Key for ZENOLOGY Pro is available for $229USD, with each of the Model Expansions priced at $149.

The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, & JX-8P Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499. I recommend it if you want to own ZENOLOGY for your system. Thanks!
EnochLight wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 am Just chiming in for my annual/monthly reminder to Brian: please release an ACB of the JX-8P that we can Plug-Out to our System-8. I'll buy an annual sub instantly at that point, regular price or sale price. :hihi:
Hey, EnochLight! I've got your request in the report this week. Thanks for letting me know. 🙌
Last edited by Brian.McClelland on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG#
KVRAF
7042 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Hey Brian!
Do "Lifetime" licenses still need to be reauthorized every thirty days?

JamminFool
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:27 am

Brian.McClelland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 pm
The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, JX-8P, and the JD-800 Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499.
Is this correct?

It does not list the JD-800 Model Expansion as being included when you look at the Offers panel in the Roland Cloud App.

I would consider the deal much more seriously if the JD-800 is, in fact, included.

Brian.McClelland
KVRist

Post Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:47 pm

JamminFool wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:27 am
Brian.McClelland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 pm
The best deal on ZENOLOGY and all of its Model Expansions is the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle which included Lifetime Keys for ZENOLOGY Pro, as well as the SH-101, JUNO-106, JUPITER-8, JX-8P, and the JD-800 Model Expansions, plus a year of Roland Cloud Ultimate to fill out any of the other instruments that you might like to try, all for $499.
Is this correct?

It does not list the JD-800 Model Expansion as being included when you look at the Offers panel in the Roland Cloud App.

I would consider the deal much more seriously if the JD-800 is, in fact, included.
Hey, JamminFool. I must not have had my coffee before I wrote that post because I misspoke about the inclusion of the JD-800 when describing the ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle, the JD-800 is not included. :hihi: Good catch!

The ZENOLOGY Pro Analog Icons bundle includes Lifetime Keys for:

ZENOLOGY Pro
JX-8P Model Expansion
JUNO-106 Model Expansion
JUPITER 8 Model Expansion
SH-101 Model Expansion
Plus, one year of Roland Cloud Ultimate Membership for new members.

Thanks!

JamminFool
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:36 pm

@Brian, thanks for clearing that up. you saved me $500. :ud:

ReiKru
KVRer
21 posts since 6 Aug, 2022

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:32 am

Hi Brian,

i would like to see a Alpha Juno/MKS50 Plugin. A great wish of mine.

Greetings from Germany
Collector of VSTs

Return to “Instruments”