Waves BB Tubes amazing ( I hate to say this)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we have this in Melda. MTubes
I think this is the ultimate tube saturation just listening to the demos.
It really does things valve gear does.
Spencer
https://youtu.be/9Qa97yi5URI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dWN75M8aDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUP4iEyco_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdg9dZobbA
https://youtu.be/TUP4iEyco_Y

Waves are going to sell a million of this plugin.

That's all good and stuff. But... is it a game changer???

Yes its up there with Kirchhof

...maybe it's just me...but there seemed to be a very heavy whiff of cork sniffing while wearing new clothes goin on, which of course sells product like crazy...but of course probably just me.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

throw it in plugin doctor and see if you cant recreate the effect with msaturator. I will say, I wish msaturator had more control over the individual harmonics. According to the gui, you have this but in reality it's not like that at all. For instance, negative values produce positive harmonics. There's really no individual control - especially since the effect is input-dependent i.e. a setting that gives just 3rd harmonic will drastically change with a higher or lower input level. Supposedly Hornet has Harmonics and Harmonics Pro but I haven't tried them.

steve2KVR wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:01 pm ...maybe it's just me...but there seemed to be a very heavy whiff of cork sniffing while wearing new clothes goin on, which of course sells product like crazy...but of course probably just me.../s~
Demo it... There really is no excuse to trade on skepticism when you can try it out and make an informed comment.

I haven't tried it, but I think you could get something similar out of MTurboamp. If there is anything particularly interesting that you think it does maybe I'll try to make something like it.

@Scotty, demoed/etc...same thoughts, so for me not "skepticism"...it's just me, ok...thirtyfive years of software engineering and marketing and that's what I think...cork sniffing.../s~

steve2KVR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:34 am @Scotty, demoed/etc...same thoughts, so for me not "skepticism"...it's just me, ok...thirtyfive years of software engineering and marketing and that's what I think...cork sniffing.../s~
My apologies I didn't realize you had tremendous bonafides. No insult intended. I compared it against a few saturators, transformer emulations, I have here. I could get there with combination of plugins. This is easier and to me satisfying to the ears. The plugin is $24.99. To keep with your cork sniffing comparison, it is a cheap bottle of wine that tastes better than the price would suggest. I didn't put it on plugin doctor just ran a couple of mixes through it, some drum loops and I liked what I heard. I think is a breeze to use and creates usuable results. To each their own. I am glad you demo'd it. I wouldn't want to think just because someone had 30 years of experience in software engineering that they could hear the results of a processor without actually , you know, hearing it. That would be remarkable.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:10 am I haven't tried it, but I think you could get something similar out of MTurboamp. If there is anything particularly interesting that you think it does maybe I'll try to make something like it.
I think you should give the demo a whirl. I do think this one is a very good. I've been pushing audio through it for a few hours now and I have to say it is really the best saturator/transformer I've heard in software form. I've got my share of true analog hardware here. This is at the very least impressive and I am deliberatly being careful in my praise.

To be honest: I cannot take people seriously, when they talk about game changing. What is the game changing aspect here exactly? Just to be another saturation plugin with "aNalOg ModeLliNG" ... and? What is supposed to be really game changing? The sound? I tested it and I am not impressed. To me it's basically just saturation / distortion. Or is it ... the marketing? ... to make so many high budget videos for just a simple saturation plugin? :D

Maybe try Fire or IVGI, which are both free, by the way. Or why not doing this with MSaturator? Here is a nice MSaturator preset:

Code: Select all

$eNplUstu2zAQvPsriPU1lqmnaUBS0KhJHCBCgqhoz6y0kYnQpEGuiiBfX1Bq2rS9cWdnZpdDlpevJ81+oPPKmgriiAND09tBmbGCiZ43Ai7rVdl2kiYnyTqPRMqMnq0riIGtb6UyFYiIFxmw9cNE54kWbFNEuwTYmo4O-dHqoQIeZWmADtKdrFG9XzwOvwQiEks7CdRkX4RzWsGGR4kQocjmIgujDnkgxXEQNPZ0lmZA9+XPrPgj-olI9i+zgMexyHmRJ3HxkfGEGqXHkEFaJGmxF+kuEcC+-s6GZ3setmjvPt89Ojs6eWqO0ox4beR3jRVwYH-hjSQcrVNv6Obm9aDIuk69YQU7nl1keQGssYac1RqdX3xCTMBaJHS+sVrLs8ehI3Ro50u18vX+5uFK2-5lsQqR3T91Z62IcLaPK8gL8S+aBHldLs5JXX5TAx3buuzs5Hpkjw6flSZ089Nz2Nbl9p2yfRetyu1-X8HXq58J1LIV
Or maybe take V-Clip, do some dc offset and clip one half of the waveform more than the other and put MDistortion after it to add just a bit feedback and bias it in the direction you did in V-Clip - I can get really nice results that way.

I just cannot understand how BB Tubes is supposed to be 149$. Yeah, it says 24$ intro price right now. To me this feels like fear of missing out, by the way.

:party: :party: :party: begins here:

You know what would be game changing? An actual game changer would be to make an audio plugin, which only lets you render graphics, while you cannot see the output yet still have to wait for the render to end. This would be game changing. Why? Because it would be a total different game than making music. Also you would render something you could never see. It would be the waiting game for something which is there yet not there. And most of all: it would be something which did not exist before instead of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy ... 10/10, would recommend yet wouldn't buy!! :party:
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

...I guess I'm not the only one.../s~

I think it gives a quality to the sound that I dont hear in other saturators. I have been doing this for 60 years so maybe I am going deaf but I am still mixing records.

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:53 am
steve2KVR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:34 am @Scotty, demoed/etc...same thoughts, so for me not "skepticism"...it's just me, ok...thirtyfive years of software engineering and marketing and that's what I think...cork sniffing.../s~
My apologies I didn't realize you had tremendous bonafides. No insult intended. I compared it against a few saturators, transformer emulations, I have here. I could get there with combination of plugins. This is easier and to me satisfying to the ears. The plugin is $24.99. To keep with your cork sniffing comparison, it is a cheap bottle of wine that tastes better than the price would suggest. I didn't put it on plugin doctor just ran a couple of mixes through it, some drum loops and I liked what I heard. I think is a breeze to use and creates usuable results. To each their own. I am glad you demo'd it. I wouldn't want to think just because someone had 30 years of experience in software engineering that they could hear the results of a processor without actually , you know, hearing it. That would be remarkable.
Saturation is sort of the one place where software has struggled to do as well as hardware, though I feel like over the last 5 years there have been some great advancements. Maybe better algorithms, but also I think the horsepower to run them properly. I don’t have any experience with software engineering, but I’ve worked in and been in music studios on an off since 1983 and I can hear that this one seems to be really good. Game changer? I think the game had already changed in this respect, but it does seem like it gives a high quality effect and a nice and simple interface. Definitely a good value, and probably something I’d go for when Arturia’s Culture Vulture is more than I need to sweeten up a track.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “MeldaProduction”