KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm does seem weird to not be asio, not like it's a new thing and only a few synths use it (like mpe or something).
it's the basic standard for pretty much all interfaces?
I believe that I saw somewhere that the new plugins were ported from the iOS apps? If so, maybe they didn't have time yet to implement ASIO for them. Still seems weird, though...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm does seem weird to not be asio, not like it's a new thing and only a few synths use it (like mpe or something).
I believe that I saw somewhere that the new plugins were ported from the iOS apps? If so, maybe they didn't have time yet to implement ASIO for them. Still seems weird, though...
no idea hopefully it is a time thing and it's coming rather than feeling it's not needed.

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:45 pmAfaik there is no asio on mac since os x. They did their own thing called core audio.
So indeed no asio on mac is only an issue if you are somehow still running os9 from 20+ years ago :)
That's not correct. Just because Apple has Core Audio it's not going to stop Steinberg! :box: That's why they created the CoreAudio2asio component, which allows the use of ASIO within Cubase just as nature intended. Other hosts are able to implement ASIO too, though I'm not sure how many bothered outside of Steinberg (Fruity Loops.. ?)

On the Windows side Windows Audio does work ok, and I used a 3ms setting on microKORG without issue. As for why you'd want ASIO? My overall impression (from some use, no deliberate testing.. ) is Windows Audio seems to glitch that little bit easier under heavier CPU use..

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:02 pm
Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:28 am
zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 am
Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:12 am I was close to buying a Nanopad, is it really that bad, how many m/s lag does it have?
It's been a couple years since I tried it. Recall that it was a combination of lag and touch resolution, as far as where I was touching the pad and where it was responding on the plugin UI.

I would gladly pay for a device with precision, and this was not it!
I guess I'm just stuck with using a mouse for the time being... :(
Or if you can map your x/y to MIDI CC from your controller, then a couple of knobs or sliders can offer mouse-free operation. Works well with the vector joystick in the KORG Wavestation (choose CC in settings menu). The Wavestate Native uses CC16 & CC17 for the x/y vector joystick (so it requires a controller setup to send those CCs).

If you cannot directly assign the x/y to CC in your plugin, you can look for x/y in the automation parameters in your DAW.
Thanks for the suggestion! I did map a couple of sliders, but it's not the same freedom. I'm using my Behringer FCB1010 with the two pedals mapped now, it's OK, but if someone would release a good x/y pad at a reasonable price that would be cool.

xhunaudio wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:14 pm Sorry for my lazyness,

no time to download the demo and make an account to check myself, so I try asking :

Does microKORG have a 4 voices max polyphony mode ? (I ask for nostalgy reasons :))

Which are the steps of max polyphony (up to 64) from the "open global settings" menu ?

Just a "open global settings" menu screenshot would be great... no such info in the product manual.
It has 4 voices minimum and 64 voices maximum polyphony.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PAK wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:45 pmAfaik there is no asio on mac since os x. They did their own thing called core audio.
So indeed no asio on mac is only an issue if you are somehow still running os9 from 20+ years ago :)
That's not correct. Just because Apple has Core Audio it's not going to stop Steinberg! :box: That's why they created the CoreAudio2asio component, which allows the use of ASIO within Cubase just as nature intended. .........
Lol... just as nature intended.. hilarious.

I stand corrected.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

BBFG# wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 amWell now you're just being your usual self and no longer worth any more of my time. Be Well.
I'm just responding to the idiocy of your post, mate. "I prefer ASIO" just makes you sound like a fucktard. "I find ASIO works better" or "ASIO gives me less problems" might make sense but "I prefer ASIO" is ridiculous. Of course, either of those responses might have required you to give some examples, which I imagine you can't because your statement is actually the truth.
The thing is, though, that there was a time when you absolutely had to have it but these days Windows Audio does a credible job so maybe Korg didn't think anyone would care? I certainly can't believe anyone does. They might also have thought that as many ASIO drivers hog the I/O, that it might work in more situations, for more people?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yes, my "preferences" deal with better response time (lag) and volume (output) with less spikes and crackling associations. And I don't have to prove anything except the problem to Korg. Which I have and they have acknowledged it. Merely reflecting the process and lack of solution here. And when someone thinks their best attack is by an ad hominem of impeachment, I simply consider the source.

And I still wish them well.

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:17 pm Lol... just as nature intended.. hilarious.
I stand corrected.
:tu: BTW Not so funny is that this additional "translation layer" likely adds a performance penalty under Mac OS. So you'd actually want to avoid ASIO on Mac OS. Why they'd do this to users? I suppose they'd argue it provides "consistency" across platforms. But I wouldn't blame those thinking it looks more like "NIH syndrome" (Not Invented Here). Unfortunately there is poor awareness of this amongst Cubase Mac users, other than that Logic seems to be able to run more plugins for the same CPU ;)

So, no native ASIO on Mac, requires a converter, right?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

EnGee wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:50 pm
xhunaudio wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:14 pm Sorry for my lazyness,

no time to download the demo and make an account to check myself, so I try asking :

Does microKORG have a 4 voices max polyphony mode ? (I ask for nostalgy reasons :))

Which are the steps of max polyphony (up to 64) from the "open global settings" menu ?

Just a "open global settings" menu screenshot would be great... no such info in the product manual.
It has 4 voices minimum and 64 voices maximum polyphony.
Thank you EnGee,
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

:tu:

BBFG# wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:48 pm Yes, my "preferences" deal with better response time (lag) and volume (output) with less spikes and crackling associations. And I don't have to prove anything except the problem to Korg.
Good luck with that because I think you'll be pushing shit uphill trying to get a single, standalone instrument to crackle or glitch. It's certainly never happened to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

At the risk of inflaming the BONES beast (i wonder what I'll be called?), I only use ASIO with a solid multi-client driver (mine is RME). Whenever something is set to Windows drivers I get issues of latency, and sometimes quality too. YMMV but... well. I prefer ASIO.

And no, I don't have a music-making app that doesn't have ASIO support in Windows either.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

there are some asio updates out now I see in Korg Software Pass
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/s ... ease-Notes

Return to “Instruments”