BF Anti-Consumerism Solidarity Thread [Today is: Sucker's Sunday]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still good. Gosh, it's great to have a missus who actively supports me in these decisions!*

First time ever saying 'gosh' on teh interwebs
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Arturia is definitely easy for me to resist, only discounting the bundles, lame. That's one reason I don't buy their stuff. Abosulutely no reason for that other than to coerce you into spending more money. Fail...

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:27 am
Michael L wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:50 pm There is a point at which one does not need more.
:shrug:
It may be due to limits on time or attention or artistic boundaries, rather than money.
A different view:
Some years ago I said that the desire to buy more stuff actually drives my need to be productive - ie. I first need to use what I already have to justify buying even more tools.
But don't you end up with more great stuff than you have the time to fully explore? Just wondering . . .
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

3 chords and the Truth, Bay-bee, yeah…
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

As planned, I bought some items from Fuse Audio Labs. Did a little early Christmas shopping and then I did a bad thing. Was thinking about getting a new guitar for a while. Really liked the idea of a Schecter of some description but ended up buying an Entwistle/JHS Rapier 33 remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBF4yo-wRxU

This guy seems to love his.

I'm not planning on sleeping until it arrives! :hyper:

Unaspected wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:29 am As planned, I bought some items from Fuse Audio Labs. Did a little early Christmas shopping and then I did a bad thing. Was thinking about getting a new guitar for a while. Really liked the idea of a Schecter of some description but ended up buying an Entwistle/JHS Rapier 33 remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBF4yo-wRxU

This guy seems to love his.

I'm not planning on sleeping until it arrives! :hyper:
Ooh, that's the most tempting thing in this thread. Too bad I have too many guitars already that I don't play. They're all shit though, so maybe I should just give them all away and buy something new?

My other six string is a very old and cheap Tanglewood Strat copy that refuses to stay in tune. My bass is a joy to play and I wanted that experience with a guitar.

Most of the process for purchase was automatic. I felt possessed. :scared:

I fully recommend possession. Feels good. :D

For me it's difficult to give away guitars, nobody wants them, at least in my town. Tried to give away a $600 (when new) Lag, couldn't do it. :shrug:

*I haven't tried every school, but the nearby ones and the local music store did not want it. I figured
there would be at least one guitar kid in there somewhere. I could advertise it on craigs list I guess,
but I don't really care that much.
Last edited by pekbro on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

I didn't buy anything,but I did delete some plugins that were taking up space on my hard drives...

I'm removing superfluous plugins with a focus on streamlining the process and it feels great...

Sounds better too 🥳

I must have SAG 😁
No auto tune...

Michael L wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:48 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:27 am
Michael L wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:50 pm There is a point at which one does not need more.
:shrug:
It may be due to limits on time or attention or artistic boundaries, rather than money.
A different view:
Some years ago I said that the desire to buy more stuff actually drives my need to be productive - ie. I first need to use what I already have to justify buying even more tools.
But don't you end up with more great stuff than you have the time to fully explore? Just wondering . . .
Well I do, but what I actually regret is the fact I don't have time to explore them even though I wanted to :help: Too many synths, not enough music :(
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

My latest escapades in consumer-hedonism!

Arturia V Collection 9: $149
Arturia FX Collection 3: $99… or was it?!!

I added both items to my cart and the total was $248, then I heard a whisper from the Anti-Consumerism fairy say:

“Screwww that nonsense, spend moneyyy! But buyyy them one at a tiiiime!”

So I bought V9 at $149, then afterwards went to my user account and what do I see but a fresh, steaming-hot pile of crossgrade discount for FXC3!

So I ended up getting FXC3 for $49!

I was hoping to repeat the success and get a discount on Dist COLDFIRE after buying FXC3, but alas, the Consumerism gods did not shine upon me a second time. Still gonna get it though just gotta wait for the CC payments to post lol.

So if you give in and buy from Arturia, buy V9 first
to unlock a crossgrade discount on FXC3.

So you're saying you FAILED, lol.
I've been tempted. But my virtue is intact. Gawd, I luuvvv feeling morally superior.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:10 am So you're saying you FAILED, lol.
I've been tempted. But my virtue is intact. Gawd, I luuvvv feeling morally superior.
Notice I said my latest escapades. I failed a few pages back lol, or depending how you look at it, never failed at all since I planned to buy stuff from the get-go lol.

i need Help wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:33 pm
Bombadil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:10 am So you're saying you FAILED, lol.
Notice I said my latest escapades. I failed a few pages back lol, or depending how you look at it, never failed at all since I planned to buy stuff from the get-go lol.
I'd say you're winning. :party:

The deal on Sonuscore The Orchestra 2 Complete is calling my name. I am resisting. Kinda wary of the quality of the samples and how much control I'd actually have, but only 1 more day to wait.
I got Tonex at the beginning of the month, and a new gee-tar as my main Xmas present, so I don't really feel the call to spend €275 more.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”