Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Sorry for the spam (better to ask for forgiveness than permission :wink: ), but my Rapid preset bank, Chiasa, is 50% off currently - https://www.resonatesounddesign.com/chiasa

The reduction shows in the cart.

Does a Parawave Rapid discord exists that someone is aware of?

Hi, everyone. I'm Mirko, one of the developers of Rapid. Unfortunately, I haven't been in this forum for a long time, but I've now read through everything here.

Many thanks for the praise and the criticism. It's true that the development of new updates is taking longer than we hoped, but I can assure you that we're on it.

It's nice to see that you're getting more involved with Rapid and also more and more with the architecture. Rapid took many years of development and we put a lot of time and love into every element. So it's nice to see that the details are being discovered by you now. :-)

If you have questions about certain functions or want to know how to implement certain ideas, then let me know. I will now stay more in this forum and answer your questions. Even if you want to build a certain sound and don't know how to proceed, i can help you.

However, if you have technical questions (e.g. bugs, installation problems, etc.) then write to support directly, please.

Greetings from Germany ✌️😎

Well done Mirko!

That is certainly a better attitude than the one I got in my recent contact with your support.

I think the lack of interaction from Parawave is what was making some people nervous and led some to call Rapid "dead" or "abandonware".

Being more connected with your user base will help calm those fears and will lead to a more positive opinion of both Parawave and Rapid. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rapid is already a great synth, there isn't really anything "missing" in the current version. However I believe they announced the 1.9 update was "coming soon" about two years ago and then radio silence. Perhaps not the best marketing move.

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 pm Hi, everyone. I'm Mirko, one of the developers of Rapid. Unfortunately, I haven't been in this forum for a long time, but I've now read through everything here.

Many thanks for the praise and the criticism. It's true that the development of new updates is taking longer than we hoped, but I can assure you that we're on it.

It's nice to see that you're getting more involved with Rapid and also more and more with the architecture. Rapid took many years of development and we put a lot of time and love into every element. So it's nice to see that the details are being discovered by you now. :-)

If you have questions about certain functions or want to know how to implement certain ideas, then let me know. I will now stay more in this forum and answer your questions. Even if you want to build a certain sound and don't know how to proceed, i can help you.

However, if you have technical questions (e.g. bugs, installation problems, etc.) then write to support directly, please.

Greetings from Germany ✌️😎
Yo! I had been thinking of writing an email as a kind of weird congratulations/thanks for making such an awesome musical tool, having just discovered it. I'd overlooked Rapid for no particular reason, I suppose the GUI didn't immediately jump out at me, or based on written specs it seemed like other synths might offer more bang for the buck. But it only took about an hour using it to realise it's really like a sound kitchen with everything immediately to hand, just reach out and grab whatever you need in an instant, and it all flows.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

In terms of architecture/features, the thing that initially made me interested in Rapid was simply the sound of the formant filter, and the fact that implementations in other synths don't seem to be capable of the same sort of cutting, hard sound. So only having one main filter slot is a limitation, and whilst the insert slot can be used for basic filters it would be preferable to have full access to two filters so that the formant and comb filters can be used to their full potential.
I can see that adding more and more functions risks losing the clean appearance of the GUI, but I'd imagine that there could be a tidy solution, probably with tabs.
To a lesser extent, a second insert slot would be useful, particularly with compression added as an option, so that there could be per-voice compression.
However, one can still do a lot with just the single filter and insert given that there are a lot of effects built into the OSCs.

chagzuki wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:09 pm In terms of architecture/features, the thing that initially made me interested in Rapid was simply the sound of the formant filter, and the fact that implementations in other synths don't seem to be capable of the same sort of cutting, hard sound. So only having one main filter slot is a limitation, and whilst the insert slot can be used for basic filters it would be preferable to have full access to two filters so that the formant and comb filters can be used to their full potential.
I can see that adding more and more functions risks losing the clean appearance of the GUI, but I'd imagine that there could be a tidy solution, probably with tabs.
To a lesser extent, a second insert slot would be useful, particularly with compression added as an option, so that there could be per-voice compression.
However, one can still do a lot with just the single filter and insert given that there are a lot of effects built into the OSCs.
We've already thought about that. instead of the filter and insert you could make two slots, all containing voice fx. It's on the list, but we pushed it back for now.

However, you can use a little trick to achieve the goal. Use layer 1 and there e.g. the formant filter. In the fx area you open the "send" and send to layer 2. Remember to turn off the little "to master" LED. In layer 2 you use the "filter" as an effect. Which then uses the filter from the upper area as an effect.

It is not so elegant and no longer by voice, but for the time being a useful solution. :-)

Good to see/hear from the Parawave team again!

The recent VST3 update pushed me over the edge, with a little help from the 50% off BF deal of course :lol: and I'm now the proud owner of Rapid. Looking forward to the curve modifiers and modulation "vias" in the v1.9 update. I use these two a lot in Hive and Serum, so their eventual inclusion in Rapid, will help me feel more at home in Rapid :D
Always Read the Manual!

Yup- amazing how quickly the tone of a thread changes when a friendly Dev shows up :-)
Long Live Rapid!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm However, you can use a little trick to achieve the goal. Use layer 1 and there e.g. the formant filter. In the fx area you open the "send" and send to layer 2. Remember to turn off the little "to master" LED. In layer 2 you use the "filter" as an effect. Which then uses the filter from the upper area as an effect.

It is not so elegant and no longer by voice, but for the time being a useful solution. :-)
Took me a while to figure out what you meant, but that's pretty good actually. Certainly does the job for bass instruments.

Well done Mirko! That's the way to handle communication in forums. Thanks for your positive input, quite a contrast compared to the previous Parawave support person who posted here and to some degree even insulted people (customers actually) here.

Keep it that way, cause... We love Rapid! Amazing and unique synth.

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm It is not so elegant and no longer by voice, but for the time being a useful solution. :-)
Are more filters per voice and layer planned for the future?

@Mirko, perhaps you can feedback the issue with VAT being charged top people who shouldn't pay VAT (ie not in the EU) as I know it is stopping a lot of people from buying soundpacks, so it will be good for all to get this fixed!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 pm If you have questions about certain functions or want to know how to implement certain ideas, then let me know.
Hello, any chance for multi-out? :pray: That would be awesome for further processing of the layers.

Return to “Instruments”