Vanguard2 by Refx out 25th of November!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

originaly there was price £79 on sale with crossed original price £100 to give use 20% off as intro price

"The intro is 20% off - €79 (reg. €99). End date unknown"

after people complained about high price refx has raised original crossed price to £149 to make us fool thinking we have higher discount???

https://refx.com/vanguard/

nice markering refx and nice ripp off for customers

Been messing with making skins, these are a little too intense, but it appears to be somewhat easy to do:

Vanguard-Neon-main.jpg

Vanguard-Dusk-main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Regarding skinning in general:
Is it possible to define the colours of the buttons (such as "retrig", "syn", or "rtg" - see picture below) independently from the colours of the labels (i. e. those below the knobs and the displays)?
So far, I haven't found any way to do this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deejay2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:59 am originaly there was price £79 on sale with crossed original price £100 to give use 20% off as intro price

after people complained about high price refx has raised original crossed price to £149 to make us fool thinking we have higher discount???

That is very deceptive. Really poor from Refx. I wont be buying. I doubt it gives anything more than Nexus anyway 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

e-musician wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:59 pm Regarding skinning in general:
Is it possible to define the colours of the buttons (such as "retrig", "syn", or "rtg" - see picture below) independently from the colours of the labels (i. e. those below the knobs and the displays)?
So far, I haven't found any way to do this.
No, they use the same colorId.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:04 pm
deejay2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:59 am originaly there was price £79 on sale with crossed original price £100 to give use 20% off as intro price

That is very deceptive. Really poor from Refx. I wont be buying. I doubt it gives anything more than Nexus anyway 🤷‍♂️
How typical of Refx... It's still too expensive. The market is saturated. The skin it comes with is terrible, like a lump of endless grey, impossible to read grey text on a grey background.
I'm still using the original Vanguard in FL Studio, no problems at all.

plz someone make a V1 skin

BenfordLaw wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm How typical of Refx... It's still too expensive. The market is saturated. The skin it comes with is terrible, like a lump of endless grey, impossible to read grey text on a grey background.
I'm still using the original Vanguard in FL Studio, no problems at all.
I can understand those arguments, but I'd say there are some good counters to them.

The biggest reason to upgrade imo is the nexus-like preset browser. It's easy to narrow down the type of sound your looking for - even if just as a starting point. Compile all your 3rd party banks in one spot. You don't have to open an fxb file. Just import it all and your done.

The complaint about the skin is easily solved by the other options they give you. Not only that, but the json skin files from nexus can be used as well. I have 43 skins to choose from. Its nice.
Resizable window is easy to use (drag the corner) and looks good.

I think it could have been cheaper, sure. But you are also buying a lot of TLC for it in the future with all the updates it receives. If using an official v1, you can upgrade for less; which is kinda insane considering how old v1 is.

gryzor wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:15 pm plz someone make a V1 skin
They made one. Its in the skin browser with a recent update.

This seems like a pretty basic synth by today's standards, what makes it so desirable? I can't see a demo but the YT videos don't sound anything special to me, not with stuff like Vital going for free anyway....
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:45 pm This seems like a pretty basic synth by today's standards, what makes it so desirable?
I guess the legacy (one of the first of those supersaw/Trance synths), and the good preset packs.

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:45 pm This seems like a pretty basic synth by today's standards, what makes it so desirable? I can't see a demo but the YT videos don't sound anything special to me, not with stuff like Viper going for free anyway....
To me: nostalgia, brand, sound (might not be the most desirable, but its got its own sound), ease of use (a biggie), basically a lot of the same reasons I like Nexus.

You might like using ReFX for the same reasons you'd like using google for fast search results. It's dead-easy to use and gets results fast.

i like it just as something 'new' to work with (it's new to me). it sounds good, it's easy to work with (as commodore, above, just pointed out). i added it to my arsenal, a good alternative to the more-modern synths i use (like massive X, dune3, spire, plasmonic, icarus 2, etc).

Caine123 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:54 am wondering if this can also import the old presets
It can. I was able to get my old Soundgasm Sector7 bank in no sweat. I'm gonna make a video on this soon too. I took the plunge. I loved Vanguard and it sounds identical with my presets. It also has a bunch of new goodies which I'm liking. The distortion and the new filters are excellent.

i need Help wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:12 pm Nada in my user account, except Vanguard 1.8 for DOS 2.0 or whatever old OS it runs on lol.
LOL! Vanguard for DOS 2.0. Love that.

Return to “Instruments”