Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone here know the WUP cost for the Waves Mercury + Studio Classics (or just the Mercury) bundle?

should be at the $240 limit in both cases. If you just have Mercury however you can upgrade to Mercury + Studio Classics after a year, which is going to be cheaper and you get a full year of WUP as well.

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am should be at the $240 limit in both cases. If you just have Mercury however you can upgrade to Mercury + Studio Classics after a year, which is going to be cheaper and you get a full year of WUP as well.
Okay, thanks. I understand your step upgrade point and I would have done that like I have until this point, but right now I am getting Mercury + Studio Classics upgrade for much cheaper than just Mercury, so I was thinking if I should upgrade now and then only do the WUP in future. For context sake, I currently have Horizon + Studio Classics.

$240/year for WUP is expensive. Of course, I don't necessarily need to WUP every year, but one significant advantage of doing that is you get most of the new plugins added under Mercury if you are covered by WUP and don't need to spend on individual plugins round the year. And of course there are compatibility updates, bug fixes and improvements, which are not much of a concern for me.

In migrating to a new M1 Macbook I've found half my Waves plugins no longer work (I never bothered with the WUPs given my 2015 was happy with them for years). Ozone 8 is also now un-functional. So I'm without any real limiting options, aside from the stock limiter in Ableton which is not great.
Im loath to go down the Waves Update plan and end up effectively on a subscription for plugins I already own - like a lot of other people.
So I'm in need of something functional that can handle a bit of pressure without giving out, but Ive kind of hit my limits of spending for the year.
Any word on the TDR Limiter 6? For £13 I might give this a go to get me out of jail for a few months. Any other suggestions?

re.mark wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 am In migrating to a new M1 Macbook I've found half my Waves plugins no longer work (I never bothered with the WUPs). Ozone 8 is also now un-functional. So I'm without any real limiting options, aside from the stock limiter in Ableton which is not great.
Im loath to go down the Waves Update plan and end up effectively on a subscription for plugins I effectively own - like a lot of other people.
So I'm in need of something functional that can handle a bit of pressure without giving out, but Ive kind of hit my limits of spending for the year.
Any word on the TDR Limiter 6? For £13 I might give this a go to get me out of jail for a few months. Any other suggestions?
Limiter 6 is a powerful toolbox you can use for a lot of tasks. No WUP here, updates included in the price. For 13 pounds, this is something you should really consider getting if it fills a gap in your toolbox. Just watch this video to get an impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DPPsQAU2A

... and also consider LoudMax by Thomas Mundt which is free:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/thomas-mu ... namp-51955

Uncle E wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:33 pm
Mbm wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:06 pm @Uncle E
Could you please write when the Project Sam sale ends?
Thank you.
It ends today.
Ok, thank you for the reply.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 am
krabbencutter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am should be at the $240 limit in both cases. If you just have Mercury however you can upgrade to Mercury + Studio Classics after a year, which is going to be cheaper and you get a full year of WUP as well.
Okay, thanks. I understand your step upgrade point and I would have done that like I have until this point, but right now I am getting Mercury + Studio Classics upgrade for much cheaper than just Mercury, so I was thinking if I should upgrade now and then only do the WUP in future. For context sake, I currently have Horizon + Studio Classics.

$240/year for WUP is expensive. Of course, I don't necessarily need to WUP every year, but one significant advantage of doing that is you get most of the new plugins added under Mercury if you are covered by WUP and don't need to spend on individual plugins round the year. And of course there are compatibility updates, bug fixes and improvements, which are not much of a concern for me.
If you wait for one of the frequent 25% off WUP sales you can get it down to $180. You can also WUP in advance without any drawbacks.

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 am

If you wait for one of the frequent 25% off WUP sales you can get it down to $180. You can also WUP in advance without any drawbacks.
Yeah, exactly what was going through my mind. That would be the best and first opportunity to ever buy a WUP should I go for the upgrade. Thanks again. :)

You mean that if I WUP let's say today because there's a special offer, that WUP that I just bought will not start right now but it will instead start when the current one is over?
I didn't know this, if that's the case thanks for the tip!

re.mark wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 am In migrating to a new M1 Macbook I've found half my Waves plugins no longer work (I never bothered with the WUPs given my 2015 was happy with them for years). Ozone 8 is also now un-functional. So I'm without any real limiting options, aside from the stock limiter in Ableton which is not great.
Im loath to go down the Waves Update plan and end up effectively on a subscription for plugins I already own - like a lot of other people.
TDR Limiter 6 is a beast! It has everything inside that you would need for a final dynamics touch. And don't overlook it - every instance inside it is top notch. Really great stuff, surely on the top of things.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:53 am

Yeah, exactly what was going through my mind. That would be the best and first opportunity to ever buy a WUP should I go for the upgrade. Thanks again. :)
WUP will be compensated partially by the automatically added new plugins (Magma e.g.) if you own a respective bundle (Mercury e.g.).

I have a spare Ujam Drive

---
Taken
---
Last edited by kevinsparks on Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinsparks wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:40 pm I have a spare Ujam Drive

---
Please visit: https://www.ujam.com/partner-checkout/? ... =lootaudio

Make sure you have your serial number/promo code at hand - shown below:

YWAU-27d35a6514f-25382a
---
Registered it, thanks.

Thank god, Black Friday and this Cyber Monday are over!
Back to music playing.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”