Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

pdxindy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:45 pm Is Obsession M1 native these days?
Yes

https://www.synapse-audio.com/obsession.html

sqigls wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:58 am I want to tidy up my Obsession presets, now it has the shmik patch browser. I'm wondering can I use the same config.ini file from Dune 3 to add sound categories and artist names to the browser?
Obsession doesn't have one in the user folder, I'll give it a bash shall I?

[edit]
Doesn't seem to work with Obsession, anyone know how to do it?
I've reloaded the soundbanks twice with no success.
this is the one i copied from the Dune user folder...

; Soundbank configuration file for Synapse Patches Browser

AuthorCode = OZ
AuthorName = Ones & Zeros

; The defined categories will be added to the category list
; Please use common names, such as Drones,Analog etc.

; config.ini file placed in the "User" folder will be copied to any new
; Soundbank created by the "Create new Soundbank..." option in the browser

; The defined author is displayed on the list only when at least 1 patch
; is found which uses the author's code

; New config.ini and modyfications in the ini requires "Reload Soundbanks"
I assume what you want it to do is you have a bank of presets that end OZ.fxp and you want it to know that the Author it Ones and Zeros?

Because that should work.
can I see a screenshot of your soundbank folder with these banks please?
rsp
sound sculptist

as you can see, all of my patches end in OZ.
works in Dune
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 11.46.16 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oh I meant where was the config file in all of this... and what is it not doing? Showing the Author's name?
rsp
sound sculptist

i put it in the user folder...
/Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Obsession/Soundbanks/User

AuthorCode, AuthorName and AddCategories aren't working for me.
I've refreshed the sound banks many times also.

And the config file is in the same folder as the screenshot you sent above right? not a folder higher? (it needs to be in the folder of the Bank)

Like for example:

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

sqigls wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 pm i put it in the user folder...
/Library/Application Support/Synapse Audio/Obsession/Soundbanks/User

AuthorCode, AuthorName and AddCategories aren't working for me.
I've refreshed the sound banks many times also.
in the config file you posted AddCategories wouldn't be activated as it has no entries.
rsp
sound sculptist

i deleted it after i realised it wasn't working ;)

Although Obsession is not in the current sale, Obsession Reason Rack is on sale ($75), and you can get a free VST crossgrade sending a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.

Hi all, newbie question: when I change the attack setting in Obsession's amp "Loudness" envelope- I want a slower attack- it makes no difference at all! Can anyone tell me why please?

Also, there's no global (overall) ADSR envelope, correct? Do I then have to change settings in Edit mode for each individual voice (I tried that, and also nothing happened).

Thanks anyone!

RR
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

rikki rivett wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:00 pm Hi all, newbie question: when I change the attack setting in Obsession's amp "Loudness" envelope- I want a slower attack- it makes no difference at all! Can anyone tell me why please?

Also, there's no global (overall) ADSR envelope, correct? Do I then have to change settings in Edit mode for each individual voice (I tried that, and also nothing happened).

Thanks anyone!

RR
Get out of Edit mode! :)

When you're in Edit mode, you're just making small offsets to the value for each individual voice. It's a "Voice Edit" mode. You're just making small offsets to individual voices. They normally aren't drastic changes. They're just offsets from the global attack value. Edit mode is equivalent to opening up the hardware synth, then adjusting trimmers on the voice boards to fine tune parameters. This isn't at all like editing the attack knob on the synth.

Now, to do what you want, just get out of Edit mode and adjust the attack knob. That's the global attack knob. That will adjust the attack time for all voices like turning the knob on the panel of the synth.

Quick heads up: the Augmented Reality – Soundbank for Synapse Audio Obsession by Echo Season, curated by Luftrum costs $19 and includes a 20% discount on Obsession (from $99 to $79) for a limited time, using a special link that comes with the order of Augmented Reality.

https://www.luftrum.com/soundbank-for-s ... obsession/

So what are the chances Obsession will be part of a summer sale?

Well, necrobumping a bit, but it seems that the real OB-Xa had legato mode when playing in Unison mode.

https://youtu.be/KjEX9_w7J5M?t=149

At minute 2:25, you can see that playing a patch that it's on Unison Mode (A-8 Rock Unison), the behavior on OB-Xa is legato (mono retrigger), and the behaviour is the same on the new OB-X8 when playing the same OB-XA patch.

So, currently Obsession is not doing the 'right' thing.

Not having a legato mode for the portamento is a rather large oversight I’d say.

Return to “Instruments”