RNBO By Cycling74- Export Max patches to hardware and VST

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SLiC
KVRAF
Topic Starter
9676 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:58 am

JoeCat wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 am Plus, it's an established, active vendor so I've got some confidence in the support.
Cycling74 support (and the MAX community in general) is excellent.

I went from M4L to full max in a sale at some point, so that option may still come around (M4L to MAX at least) in the BF sales? Maybe a bit longer before TRNBO goes on sale...but you can use it in MAX 8.5 pretty freely, you just can't save (but you could learn a lot whilst waiting for a RNBO sale!)
PC + S49, S1, BWS, Live+PUSH, FL Studio, Reason, X32 Desk, Osmose, Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8, Argon8, Syntakt, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, EARE Touch, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
31779 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:07 am

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:33 am still cant buy the bleeding thing, C74 website wont give me any option to add it to my existing academic subscription.
On the shop page for RNBO it recognises that I do have a current existing academic subscription, but wont let me add RNBO to it. However on the academic shop page, it doesnt accept that I have any license for MAX8 to add RNBO to.
:bang:
Resolved. Contacted C74, it was because my sub was old.
They had to nuke my existing sub so I could start a new one. Lost 10 days off the sub, and the MAX price I did have was grandfathered from about 7 years ago, so its gone up by 25%, but that's only $15 so I'll live with it.
"You're becoming old, and that makes you bitter and angry.... Happens to people who lack empathy and good principles.
Good guys (like I very obviously am) learn how to deal with that properly, without taking it out on others"

Obineg+
KVRer
29 posts since 8 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:59 am

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:58 am Cycling74 support (and the MAX community in general) is excellent.
yes, we are.

however, the rainbow release and website were the worst communication i´ve seen in a long time. it was mislieading, contradictionary, some things simply false.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
14091 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:16 am

Unaspected wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:10 am Two major PD based happenings in the same year! :hyper:
What was the other one?

Unaspected
KVRAF
3177 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 am

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:16 am
Unaspected wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:10 am Two major PD based happenings in the same year! :hyper:
What was the other one?
You might already know and "major" might be subjective in this case but it's all welcome progress. :)
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 pm And there is also a plugin that hosts Pd with its own GUI called PlugData:
https://github.com/timothyschoen/PlugData
viewtopic.php?p=8489310&hilit=pure+data#p8489310

SLiC
KVRAF
Topic Starter
9676 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:53 am

What was the other one?
I assume he meant the PD in a VST thing that being worked on...

https://youtu.be/s0Gr2YmHz1A
PC + S49, S1, BWS, Live+PUSH, FL Studio, Reason, X32 Desk, Osmose, Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8, Argon8, Syntakt, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, EARE Touch, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

ghettosynth
KVRAF
14091 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:46 am

Unaspected wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 am
What was the other one?
You might already know and "major" might be subjective in this case but it's all welcome progress. :)
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 pm And there is also a plugin that hosts Pd with its own GUI called PlugData:
No, I missed it. I have a love/hate relationship with max/pd. I've been using it off and on since before MSP back when Opcode was distributing it. I don't find it as fast to build useful things with as Reaktor and I've always hated the U/I. It seems with every release, no matter who's releasing it, there's just more and more weird. This (RNBO) seems to be a nice step forward for using Max as a prototyping tool though and plugdata looks great as a lightweight alternative to MaxForLive for just sketching ideas quickly that one can elevate into a prototype. I've used PdVST, but this seems like a better workflow for trying things out live.

Unaspected
KVRAF
3177 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:24 am

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:46 am
Unaspected wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 am
What was the other one?
No, I missed it. I have a love/hate relationship with max/pd. I've been using it off and on since before MSP back when Opcode was distributing it. I don't find it as fast to build useful things with as Reaktor and I've always hated the U/I. It seems with every release, no matter who's releasing it, there's just more and more weird. This (RNBO) seems to be a nice step forward for using Max as a prototyping tool though and plugdata looks great as a lightweight alternative to MaxForLive for just sketching ideas quickly that one can elevate into a prototype. I've used PdVST, but this seems like a better workflow for trying things out live.
There are a few PD things that I miss when working in Reaktor. I learned DSP basics with PD so I'm probably still faster there than with Reaktor but I'll confess that I've been exclusively using Reaktor more recently: Mostly with an aim to be sharing some projects in the near future and reach as many people as possible.

The video that SLiC shared is certainly encouraging.

Cyforce
KVRAF
2180 posts since 2 Feb, 2009 from Germany

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Looks quite interesting, if they add maybe later more features/options for UI handling and customization - it will surely get more attention :)

K0rp0
KVRer
4 posts since 11 May, 2012

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:25 am

Obineg+ wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:59 am however, the rainbow release and website were the worst communication i´ve seen in a long time. it was mislieading, contradictionary, some things simply false.
Could you elaborate? I'm trying to get a good picture of what RNBO could do for me and I would appreciate the input.

Obineg+
KVRer
29 posts since 8 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:13 pm

some of the information have been, err, optimized now. on the website you will now find correct informations about pricing, license model and all this.

for details about what is included in regards of VST code export, web audio, raspberry or which problems can appear when you try to use rainbow obejcts the same way you are used to use MSP objects with the same name, i guess all i can do is to recommend personal experience and a lot of trial and error.

at the moment it looks like a minefield.

and since it is soooo different, i dont even see it as a part of max . (but i would say the same about javascript or gen~ in max, so dont listen to me.)

Return to “DSP and Plug-in Development”