The Reason's new beta with VST3 support has arrived now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RikkShow wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:21 am They didn't implement midi out this time either, so a half implementation of VST3...
This is no surprise. They don't want to disrupt the market for RE Player devices.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 am I don't see why Reason users are so giddy.
Como?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 am VST3 support is nice but they are late with what has become a bog standard and pretty unexciting feature in the industry. I don't see why Reason users are so giddy.
Props ship left ages ago in their DAW department, burned their sails to ashes in the 3rd party RE development, blew a hole in their hull in their R&D department and tossed out their last corked 'save me! bottle which sank immediately after striking a 'customer service life boat'... which also sank.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:45 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 am VST3 support is nice but they are late with what has become a bog standard and pretty unexciting feature in the industry. I don't see why Reason users are so giddy.
Props ship left ages ago in their DAW department, burned their sails to ashes in the 3rd party RE development, blew a hole in their hull in their R&D department and tossed out their last corked 'save me! bottle which sank immediately after striking a 'customer service life boat'... which also sank.
That is the funniest post I’ve ever read on KVR :hihi:
Sadly it is very true

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 am
RikkShow wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:21 am They didn't implement midi out this time either, so a half implementation of VST3...
This is no surprise. They don't want to disrupt the market for RE Player devices.
They want to sell you that Chord Sequencer 1.1

Lol.

Honestly, if the Players weren't so basic while being so expensive, this would be less of an issue to me. I'd buy Chord Sequencer if it were as good as Scaler 2 while costing significantly more, for example.

They just aren't, and that's kind of the issue with the feature not being there. It's like they are trying to protect home court, but they aren't even delivering the goods to merit such an extreme stance on this. It's not like they release players often, either. It can be years before they deliver a player that actually addresses what people want this feature (to enable them) to accomplish - if they ever get around to it at all.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

VST3 support has arrived... in 2022...

It's not clear what direction Reason is heading. The vocal users on forums want Reason to become a full fledged DAW like Cubase or Logic. Whereas I think the company itself sees Reason as a rack of devices (instruments, sequencers & fx) you can plug into any DAW or optionally run standalone. From what I've read from the developers they enjoy making devices, they're not as fond of DAW stuff like adding video support and viewing/editing notation.

So Reason has an identity crisis. There's alot of movement and consolidation in the industry. Steven Slate recently cashed out and sold to Audiotonix. Presonus, NI, Izotope and PA were all involved in mergers or acquisitions. Without a clear path forward these guys maybe next.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Bartone wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:45 pm VST3 support has arrived... in 2022...
Apple M1 support is next…
Hopefully this year-not many days to go to fulfill the promise :wink: o3

I don't care about the VST3 where the hell is the m1 native support? they said they will bring on version 12 and that is why I bought it but nothing to be seen. This is the exact reason I left in the first place and they are doing it again and again. Slow like a turtle

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:55 pm
You guys are insatiable.

:P

I wonder if the Reason Rack plugin also will become M1 native when Reason will become M1 native.

I only need a Reason Rack plugin without subscription and for a reasonable price… The should look at it as their main ecosystem… If I need a DAW I fire up mine. For a reason its not Reason…

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:28 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:55 pm
You guys are insatiable.

:P

I wonder if the Reason Rack plugin also will become M1 native when Reason will become M1 native.
Oof! I am absolutely depending on the Reason Rack plugin in becoming M1 Native soon. It didn't even occur to me that it might get separated out from the larger update. Say it aint so!

I have no idea. My guess is that it will both become M1 native. Anything else would be surprising.

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:28 pm I wonder if the Reason Rack plugin also will become M1 native when Reason will become M1 native.
With Reason 12 it looks like they have „modularized“ the code. At least iirc the Rack Plugins are no longer >300MB in size so they must somehow share code with the Reason core app. So my guess would be: whatever they have changed for M1 will affect the entire product.

The VST3/M1 port seems like as good a time as any to overhaul the codebase for future growth. The more recent updates have brought significant improvements to thread handling with multicore CPUs and welcome changes to UI handling, not just the highDPI/retina assets, but also GPU acceleration. It feels like it’s taking forever, but I’m still hoping we’ll see both an M1 native rack and stand-alone DAW before the next major release. I bought into 12 with that expectation based on their roadmap.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”