BF Anti-Consumerism Solidarity Thread [Today is: Sucker's Sunday]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the LORD'S bundle of mastering plugins
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Seems like I've survived Black Friday, Cyber Monday, AND Giving Tuesday with nary a scratch to my wallet.

I spent around $500 seemingly and still have a few things to get before the deals end. :shrug:
*Didn't buy a ton of stuff, but some of it was moderately expensive I guess.

pekbro wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 am I spent around $500 seemingly and still have a few things to get before the deals end. :shrug:
*Didn't buy a ton of stuff, but some of it was moderately expensive I guess.
You’ve inadvertently given me a green light to spend more.

Thanks!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I did wind up with some hardware in the form of the Atari Speakerhat, which I bought because it struck me as funny, even though they likely consider it a serious product. Although, I do like Atari and it's probably a cool hat despite having a couple speakers built into the bill.

*Strangely, that hat is probably going to pay for itself and all the other BF stuff I bought when I
wear it to work. :lol:

Funny thread title. I look forward to Black Friday sales to get some great deals. Not every business is a giant soulless corporation. When you buy things from many businesses you are adding to the economy and helping people earn a living and feed their families.

Here's what I bought this year in BF sales and I know some of these are small businesses that appreciated the support (as do I on my own website!): Vinyl records from a small online record shop, plugins from an website, a game from Steam. I would think these are 3 different sized businesses that all appreciated my purchase, but especially the small record shop.

Let's look who benefited from the records purchased: 1 - me for the enjoyment I am now having in between working. 2 - the delivery lady (plus all the other staff) who delivered them is employed. 3 - the record shop owner building his business to pay his mortgage and feed his family. 4 - the online service companies (shopify/paypal/small app/theme developers/internet company) 5 - the people working at the pressing plant that made the records (plus all companies that supply them materials/deliveries etc...). 6 - the graphic designer/printers. 7 - the record label owner. 8 - finally the recording artist (who buys music software/samples/presets and then all those people that benefit too, which includes me!).

I put out that money on Black Friday, then got it back through my own sale while supporting a whole economy of people, yey :)

Bought a new blow-off valve for the turbo of my fuel guzzling ride.
Small performance boost and that proper breathing sound on lift-off, now my korean track-ready car is 5% more japanese.

Stay strong lads, do not stray to the dark side! We're now solidly into "No Want Wednesday," a phrase I just coined and am starting this year. It's the Wednesday following Giving Tuesday where you celebrate your success in not consuming for mere wants. Tomorrow we celebrate "Thicc Thursday" where we marvel at how dummy thicc are wallets still are from hoarding all of our extra cash!

I see your “No Want Wednesday” and raise you…

“Why Not Wednesday”!

Now for more temptations!

You see that plugin, software, hardware, blow-off valve, etc.. You know you want it. It’s at it’s lowest price yet.

You tell yourself “be strong” but for what? Some anti-consumerist thread on some website??

You’re smart, you don’t fall for the FOMO gimmicks companies are throwing at you. Buying it now whilst on sale is a smart financial decision!

How are you going to feel if next week when all the sales have ended and you give into your want for the item—or worse! What if it becomes an unforeseen need in the future?—and you end up buying it at full cost??

Who will comfort you?

Who will console your wallet?

Ghettosynth? Ha! Ghettosynth is probably rolling around in all the discounted items they bought, whilst telling you to deny yourself the joys of life!

Probably laughing evil-y and twisting their villain moustache to boot!

Let go of your ill-fated restraint…

Take hold of your Debit or Credit Card!

It’s not too late, you can still save save save!

You're going to have to do better than that to tempt me my friend. I'll tell you how I'm going to feel next week, I'm going to feel great because I didn't spend any money this week. Since I know the price of anything I wanted is never lower than on Black Friday, I'll just wait until next year, by which time I'll forgot that it tempted me. Of course, I might be dead by then.

For me,it's not about spending money or even that Ill conceived notion that you're saving money when you are actually spending it ..

It's also not about needing to satisfy any phsycological desire for self justification or meritocracy....

It's about having reached a point of total saturation...

So I've stripped everything back and I'm working with tools that I know provide me with the results I'm after...

I've been around long enough to know that the tools don''t write the music and they also don't produce it 🌞
No auto tune...

Already Thrifty Thursday where I am.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I just put double all the money I spent back in the bank, now I spend it all over again. :tu:

I didn't buy anything on Black Friday, but I've made up for it over the weekend. Spent around £200 this week. Picked up The Jellyfish, Playbeat, Loopmix, Lifeline Expanse & SublabXL (got CA2600 for free). :P

Been looking at a few Max4live plugins today ... Neuroloot looks good (only 20 Euros for 7 plugins).
I'll get me coat :clown:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:19 am I didn't buy anything on Black Friday, but I've made up for it over the weekend. Spent around £200 this week. Picked up The Jellyfish, Playbeat, Loopmix, Lifeline Expanse & SublabXL (got CA2600 for free). :P

Been looking at a few Max4live plugins today ... Neuroloot looks good (only 20 Euros for 7 plugins).
I'll get me coat :clown:
Well at least maxforlive plugins are a temptation. You should post pictures!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”