Vanguard2 by Refx out 25th of November!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:45 pm not with stuff like Viper going for free anyway....
I wasn't aware of that. Is that a typo?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:52 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:45 pm not with stuff like Viper going for free anyway....
I wasn't aware of that. Is that a typo?
I meant Vital not Viper.... (https://vital.audio/) - It's corrected now but I posed below it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

grymmjack wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:47 pm Teksonik Vanguard2 bank soon ? :)

(hi)
Hi Rick, good to see you again. :tu:

I don't know about a Vanguard 2 bank. I loaded up my old version one bank and am not impressed but that was 14 years ago so maybe I've gotten better since then. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Vanguard - Black and Green Skin by Giulio.png
My version...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

g1ul10 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 am Vanguard - Black and Green Skin by Giulio.png

My version...
share? nice!

fisherKing wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:29 am
g1ul10 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 am Vanguard - Black and Green Skin by Giulio.png

My version...
share? nice!
Sure... I put here https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vangua ... /downloads
:wink:

just discovered this:

Scope: Displays graphical visualization of output. Click to toggle between visualization types.

FigBug wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:13 pm
JamminFool wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:30 pm happens in Waveform 12 and the latest Cakewalk also.
Thanks, I can reproduce it. Will be fixed in next build.
i can confirm fixed in 2.0.4. thanks!

@FigBug

another nit, but it seems like the width knob in the trancegate should be disabled unless the stereo button is engaged.

this would make it consistent with the drive knob in the filter when non-ladder filters are chosen, or all the knobs in the delay when widen is chosen.

FigBug wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:26 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:09 pm did anyone test it yet with old projects/instances? i kinda doubt it is fully backwards compatible.

exactly, the GUI is not my cup of tea either, but im having an up to date 64 bit version of this vst which gets support again and is PURCHASABLE than nothing! :tu:
Should be 95% compatible. The reverb is new, so it needs to map old params to new params, so that might sound a bit different. Everything else should sound the exact same.

The UI uses the same skinning system as Nexus, so if you own that, you can copy all the skins over and most of them work ok. Otherwise you can make your own skin, I'm sure somebody will do a classic skin soon.

This is a WIP:

missed this reply, thanks a lot! im looking forward to test it out :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

g1ul10 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:11 am
fisherKing wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:29 am

My version...
share? nice!
Sure... I put here https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vangua ... /downloads
:wink:
not the DL from 2009? 🤔 seriously, thanx for that! 👍

JamminFool wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 am @FigBug

another nit, but it seems like the width knob in the trancegate should be disabled unless the stereo button is engaged.

this would make it consistent with the drive knob in the filter when non-ladder filters are chosen, or all the knobs in the delay when widen is chosen.
Done. Will be in next build.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:49 pm
Based on your brief experience so far, do you think it is only suitable for trance style music or are presets usable for multiple genres?
from what i can tell, trance/techno is main subject for this synth, it is pretty digital sounding.
refx should provide more new sounds for this not just 136 presets
is it worth 79usd with 2.5k presets? for nostalgia...yes otherwise no

electra2 on sale for 89usd might be similarly digitaly sounding with 1K presets

if you dont do trance/techno, better get some other synth i think, there is plenty of choices

deejay2 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:18 pm
Based on your brief experience so far, do you think it is only suitable for trance style music or are presets usable for multiple genres?
from what i can tell, trance/techno is main subject for this synth, it is pretty digital sounding.

if you dont do trance/techno, better get some other synth i think, there is plenty of choices
It sounding digital is not a problem for me. But honestly, I don't need it. I just feel like wanting it. Thanks for the advice though, I may reconsider my decision of buying it.

deejay2 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:18 pm

i don't make trance or techno, am not nostalgic (also, never owned vanguard 1), and am finding uses for the synth. what else matters, really? we like something... or we don't. simple.

Return to “Instruments”