Vanguard2 by Refx out 25th of November!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:14 am Isn't it no resale as well?

No demo, no refunds, no resale would be the trinity of 'you better be sure you want it'!

I think if you have and like NEXUS you will like Vanguard, but you almost certainly don't need it...but then it doesn't currently cost more than a NEXUS preset pack, so you could just look at it that way!
😂😂😂 More like 'you better be sure you want it but we are going to make it hard for you to make that decision'. You tube seems to be the only way to have any clue unless you know someone with it to test.

It's cool now I know there are no refunds my decision is easy.

reFX allows license transfers for the first/new owners for a transfer fee of $25 and then it becomes NFR. However, if there is any opportunity to upgrade, you gain the eligibility to resell it (e.g. if you bought Nexus3 used and then upgraded to Nexus4, you can resell Nexus4). Expansions cannot be sold separately and must be sold together with the main product.

Since Nexus can be resold, pretty sure Vanguard2 can be (for $25 license transfer fee). This is one reason I may be willing to take the risk should I decide to buy Vanguard2.

That’s a 50% resell fee for some of us. I thought Waves was bad about transfer fees lol.

Edit: Waaait a minute, me thinks my v1.8 license just appreciated in value (once v2 it at full price of $149) lol.

i need Help wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:02 am
Samiver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:49 am Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from refx on things before. I am assuming they accept some kind of consumer rights or rules.
Via https://refx.com/terms/

Return & Refund Policy:

1) All sales are final.

2) There will be no refunds with respect to any and all products or services.

3) F**k you.

(#3 Added for comedic effect)
What a great and Customer friendly Terms they have :oops:
Last edited by D-Fusion on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

i need Help wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:44 am That’s a 50% resell fee for some of us.
For those who upgraded from Vanguard 1. The ones who got it for the current sales price pay 30%, the ones who will pay full price, about 15%.

I'm happy KVR Audio found another reason to complain though. :lol:

DrGonzo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 am Can any Mac users confirm the OS requirements for me?
Is MacOS 13 really the minimum requirement?

MacOS 13 was released 2022.
WIndows 8 was released 2012.

This surely must be a typo?

/Carl
It’s 10.13, not 13.

Just made a really nice authentic lead sound. Nothing complex by any means... but Vanguard does sound right for retro tunes no doubt about this. I am glad it was released and that I bought it. Could I have made that sound in another synth? Probably yes.. but it took me about 1min to get the basics of it together, very fast to do it and nothing is more authentic than the original. So yes it is a trip down memory lane for many, not myself for this synth but for an era.

FigBug wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:01 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 am Can any Mac users confirm the OS requirements for me?

/Carl
It’s 10.13, not 13.
Haha... yes indeed, you are quite right. I shortened it down a little bit too much I suppose. Details on how one correctly should write out iterations of macOS aside, maybe you can provide some technical insight why the minimum requirement of the macOS is that of last year?

/Carl
Last edited by DrGonzo on Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

delete
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:48 pm

/Carl
It’s 10.13, not 13.
Haha... yes indeed, you are quite right. I shortened it down a little bit too much I suppose. Details on how one correctly should write out iterations of macOS aside, maybe you can provide some technical insight why the minimum requirement of the macOS is that of last year?

/Carl
It’s not. 10.13 was released in 2017. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_High_Sierra

It is the most recent version supported by Apple’s Xcode development tools. Vanguard will install on 10.11, but it’s not officially supported.

FigBug wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:55 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:48 pm

/Carl
It’s 10.13, not 13.

/Carl
It’s not. 10.13 was released in 2017. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_High_Sierra

It is the most recent version supported by Apple’s Xcode development tools. Vanguard will install on 10.11, but it’s not officially supported.
Excellent. Thank you /C

I don't mind the skin, but the gray-on-gray lettering is hard to read. Does anyone know how I can change the fonts to white? Thanks.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:51 am I don't mind the skin, but the gray-on-gray lettering is hard to read. Does anyone know how I can change the fonts to white? Thanks.
It's the 'latest thing' (LOL) to have grey on grey text. Making things almost impossible to read is all the rage nowadays. Ever notice how news websites always have incredibly light grey text underneath any photos, which you can hardly read, as if it's some sort of law? That's because most 'designers' are plagiarists and sheep, who mindlessly copy previous designs, not for any good reason, but because 'somebody famous/popular did it, so it MUST be right!'.
I would like to know if it's possible to change the font colours too, before I even consider buying it.

BenfordLaw wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:03 pm...
I would like to know if it's possible to change the font colours too, before I even consider buying it.
You can copy/duplicate the "Classic Grey" skin, and modify the font of the labels with regular #.... color code. If the contrast is too weak etc.

In the past, there were many additional skins by others available for Vanguard by others (not directly by Refx), so I guess there will be plenty of skins with a different touch or better color contrasts etc.

Btw... also working a bit on some "retro" skins:

Cyforce wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:47 pm
:love: :love: :love:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Instruments”