Toybox release Atomic Pack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks, we are super excited to release the Atomic Pack, our latest Reaktor Blocks pack!

This one is really special, the main oscillator in the pack uses a novel approach combining additive and FM synthesis for really amazing and unique timbres. You can modulate and apply FM to each individual partial (harmonic) of the oscillator's 2 additive engines and there are also really flexible resynthesis options if you connect an external signal.

Atomic Pack

A revolutionary new modular synthesis playground

The pack is a collection of 50 ground breaking and innovative new modules for Reaktor Blocks that are sophisticated and versatile enough to create any sound you could imagine.

The pack is based on two powerful new oscillators, the Atomic Oscillator is an additive FM oscillator that breaks sound into its component parts and provides a multitude of controls to reconstruct the sound at the 'sub-atomic' level! Deep cross modulation options between the oscillator's 2 additive engines result in interesting and unique sounds and timbres. The pack also includes a versatile wavetable oscillator with controls to warp and twist the waveform's harmonics. A powerful morphing filter and a suite of effects can be used to further sculpt the sound.

Features include:
  • Modular design makes quickly sketching sound design ideas quick and easy
  • Simple to use front panel patching for easily routing modulation sources, plus unlimited sound design possibilities available from the 'structure' view!
  • 30 presets included by Itoa and Cinningbao
  • Powerful oscillators including the Atomic Oscillator: a versatile oscillator block that fuses extreme additive synthesis with FM synthesis, great for thick, harmonically rich timbres. The wavetable oscillator block also features lo-fi modes which authentically model vintage digital convertors with gritty noise and jitter, great for old-school digital synth tones
  • Flexible analog modelled filter with a pre or post filter distortion circuit and ILO (infinite linear oversampling) wave-folding. 8 different analog filter models (Moog, Korg, Roland etc) can be selected and multiple filter shapes and styles can be flexibly re-ordered and morphed between
  • Eight high-quality and innovative effect and processing blocks
  • Powerful modulation blocks, including a multi-breakpoint envelope, complex LFOs plus randomization and utility blocks
  • Change panel colours to organize and quickly identify sections within a rack.
  • A flexible snapshots system. Individual snapshots can be stored and morphed between for each of the oscillator blocks
  • State of the art dsp and analog modelling techniques
Intro price $45 (regular price $64)

Check it out here: https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/atomic-pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itv2sPFWpzE

Nice! :band:

Is this also good for some atomic drones?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm Is this also good for some atomic drones?
Of course! :)
Last edited by Edrec on Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I expect CPU requirements are high, considering the complexity of the Atomic Oscillator? On par with the Tangle Synth? I bought that, and like it, but on my current computer – admittedly old, no longer functioning at peak capacity, and in need of replacement soon – I can only, and barely, run one instance.

I know some newer software requires better hardware. Just want to know before I decide if I'm buying this pack now. I will be getting a new machine, but could be anything between a few weeks from now to March/April next year, depending on circumstances.

Also, if you can say, might there be an Atomic Synth in the near future, similar to the Tangle Synth, built with the Atomic Oscillator? I'm okay with building my own from blocks, but the reason I bought the Tangle Synth instead of the pack is that I like the immediacy of it vs building my own, and it's designed in a way I might not have thought to do.

The Atomic Oscillator is actually quite light on CPU compared to the Tangle Oscillator, especially if you keep the number of partials quite low.
Last edited by Edrec on Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edrec wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pm The Atomic Oscillator is actually quite light on CPU compared to the Tangle Oscillator, especially if you keep the number of partials quite low.
Ok, but I’d expect a high CPU load when using lots of partials and, crucially, when FM comes into play. Is this a valid assumption?

For now I’ve decided not to buy it, and rather wait until Reaktor is Apple Silicon native to reassess the performance. But still, the Atomic Osc and the Shifter look really really tasty.

The Tangle Synth does use quite a lot of CPU I have found, but sounds amazing!

I wish I had time to try this out :v
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Does this come with a sound set or presets to get you going?

tdm71 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:24 pm Does this come with a sound set or presets to get you going?
Yes, the pack comes with a decent collection of pre-made racks to get you started.

Gonna buy before Monday.
Got all the previous packs and they really rock!

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:00 pm
tdm71 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:24 pm Does this come with a sound set or presets to get you going?
Yes, the pack comes with a decent collection of pre-made racks to get you started.
Excellent, thank you. Is there a place to listen to the presents of your synths? As someone who is new and intimidated by the process of modulars, it would be great to hear what it is capable of

Thanks

Yeah good idea, I'll try to do something like this for the Atomic Pack (this one is for the Tangle Pack) -->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMUek7g56Q

Here's an overview video of the blocks included in the Atomic Pack by CinningBao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSRW96aayZo

Return to “Instruments”