Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Would be interested in everyone’s favorite expansions also

@ msvs Why are some sequences or a short song type presets categorized as Arps? From what I've seen in other synths, an Arp means a single instrument arpeggio. But in Avenger, an Arp preset can have lead, bass, pad, drums, and FX.

tdm71 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:54 pm Would be interested in everyone’s favorite expansions also
8 Bit Era because MIDIWars.

i just bought this wonderful synth and i love it!
the only problem that i have : the browser .. it would be nice if i can disable it, because it’s using a lot of space in the synth and i don’t have to see the browser every time.. perhaps we can use this free space for other things, perhaps to expand the osc area ?

GMusic wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:29 am @ msvs Why are some sequences or a short song type presets categorized as Arps? From what I've seen in other synths, an Arp means a single instrument arpeggio. But in Avenger, an Arp preset can have lead, bass, pad, drums, and FX.
the classification in Avenger (and Nexus) is: an SQ has a split point at C2 (above C2 = playable lead/arp). An AR is just 1 keyzone all over the keyboard, and at least 1 arp active.

I would like to ask you if possible Manuel or anyone who knows how it can be done, it works exclusively only with avenger (whenever possible ) for me it is important, from the minute 1.27 a 2.49 , if it could be assigned to avenger , with 3 macro ...gate and speed.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_pzo0MnFsA

of course thats possible. Assign ARP Speed Stepless via Modmatrix to you MW or a Macro. Thats the speed thing done
For the melody: you should do 4 different Arp harmonies and assign the Pattern Switch (ABCD to another controller of your choice (or a 4/4 step sequencer) so you can switch harmonies independently from the Arp Speed.
If 4 Arp Chords are not enough you can trick with automating tranposes or the Chorder vie StepSQ or ModEnvs and do whatever harmony you want.

You also do the whole thing completely different and keep a normal arp speed, but automating volume chops with the ModEnv or an LFO/Saw Shape for example and raise the modulation speed via another controller.

Remember: There is always a way for everything in Avengers Modmatrix. I guess I never had something in mind which was not possible somehow.

msvs wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 am Remember: There is always a way for everything in Avengers Modmatrix. I guess I never had something in mind which was not possible somehow.
.. no, you can't track a simple polyphonic EQ band in the shaper section linearly so that it always tracks note pitch perfectly over the whole keyboard.

And it's a thing I've requested since you added the EQ only mode there, for good reason. It's very useful but you haven't implemented it yet or just don't understand the benefit of it (tracked, per note EQ, is not the same as EQing in the effects section). And yes, I realize you have a Peak EQ mode in the filters but that one is only for boosts. Cuts are more useful... and no, a notch is not a substitute.

So yeah, while Avenger can do a lot of things, some relatively simple things that other synths can do (example: Alchemy), Avenger can't.

... just saying. :wink:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

you already mentioned the peak filter. This one is 100% keytracked.
being "100% keytracked" is only important for tonal sounds (steep resonance sine)
for notches, which doesnt highlight any audible tone, the ~90% correct keytrack should work fine.
(I assume you only want to lower some harsh frequencies)
Furthermore there is the FFT filter to specifically cancel out certain harmonics, this one is keytracked naturally.

We cant change the keytrack in the existing shaper model since it would change existing presets. Thats the reason we dont do it. ;) Maybe we could add a negative peak filter if that helps. But I cant see many users will use that.

andreasg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:56 pm i just bought this wonderful synth and i love it!
the only problem that i have : the browser .. it would be nice if i can disable it, because it’s using a lot of space in the synth and i don’t have to see the browser every time.. perhaps we can use this free space for other things, perhaps to expand the osc area ?
I agree... kickass synth with a bit clunky gui, I feel overhelmed by Avenger sometimes because I don't see my daw haha :)

Same reason I stopped using it much- just too big, I don't need to see everything all of the time.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

msvs wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:52 am you already mentioned the peak filter. This one is 100% keytracked.
being "100% keytracked" is only important for tonal sounds (steep resonance sine)
for notches, which doesnt highlight any audible tone, the ~90% correct keytrack should work fine.
(I assume you only want to lower some harsh frequencies)
Furthermore there is the FFT filter to specifically cancel out certain harmonics, this one is keytracked naturally.

We cant change the keytrack in the existing shaper model since it would change existing presets. Thats the reason we dont do it. ;) Maybe we could add a negative peak filter if that helps. But I cant see many users will use that.
Wy not add a parameter for keytrack . this also have old symths from the 80 i see and it is very usefull to have
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

again: the Filter has a keytrack parameter.

Imo gui is great, maybe an option to hide all but the keyboard and macro knobs as a small size option in order to be able to place several plugins on the screen

All I would care for is a) getting rid of cpu spikes / cpu optimization, b) support for MPE and poly aftertouch. That would be worth an upgrade price, at least for me :)

Return to “Instruments”