Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5 UPDATE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

jtsterays wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:32 am
Lee / Cableguys wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:19 pm
jtsterays wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:34 am Hey could you add an offset (in samples) option for SB3? The way FL Studio handles latency compensation is weird so this would save a lot of time and headaches
Thanks for the suggestion – I've passed it on to the developers.

You can also try Audio and MIDI triggering instead, which are not subject to the timing bugs caused by poor song position handling by the DAW.
Havent tried Audio trigger, MIDI triggering is a no no when there are plugins with latencies before that, and its not a bug or Shaperbox not working properly, its just how FL implented these thing back in the day and never changed them (if you are a FL user you know).
But this is IL´s fault!!

FLS doesn´t have latency compensation for Midi atm (only exception: Fruity Envelope Controller is latency compensated via Midi triggers)!
For such kind of triggering you need to use Audio triggers in FL Studio instead...
This is the reason why I (and perhaps many others) have requested audio triggers for Shaperbox!

I still prefer MIDI trigger instead of audio tho, a simple offset slider in SB would change the world for me. As a longtime FL user im pretty suprised image line havent changed this since forever.

jtsterays wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:34 pm I still prefer MIDI trigger instead of audio tho, a simple offset slider in SB would change the world for me. As a longtime FL user im pretty suprised image line havent changed this since forever.
I fear this will take quite some time for IL to change that... so if you don´t want to fight with that issue for next few years you will have to change either the DAW or your preferences!

Trancit wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:34 am
jtsterays wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:34 pm I still prefer MIDI trigger instead of audio tho, a simple offset slider in SB would change the world for me. As a longtime FL user im pretty suprised image line havent changed this since forever.
I fear this will take quite some time for IL to change that... so if you don´t want to fight with that issue for next few years you will have to change either the DAW or your preferences!
I know they wont change it for awhile so thats why im here, and im just too attracted to FL so cant change DAW.

I cannot imagine that Cableguys will take any time to investigate in this as you´ve got already a solution for FLS at hand with audio triggers...

The reason that LFO Tool got something like this comes from times where latency compensation in DAWs weren´t so common...
I doubt Steve would care nowadays if he would make something like this again so I wouldn´t hold my breath that Cableguys come up with an alternative just for FLS guys...

wait so we can't save presets for just one module? like i want to save a wave preset just for the filter, but i can't do that?

can i also ask for a much easier way to copy and paste specific points (not the whole wave)? i honestly love this plug-in but still cannot figure out simple things like just moving specific points (like option+dragging to duplicate a wave) even after looking through the manual. if someone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Just seen there are some unanswered questions in this thread, I will answer those tonight!

But before that, hurray, we've just released ShaperBox 3.2!

With something I am very very happy with: We've added drum and cymbal noises and a Pitch control to NoiseShaper, vastly expanding the range of sounds that you can get from NoiseShaper.

The noises are great to give life to static loops (because when you for example layer a sampled hi-hat with a hi-hat noise from NoiseShaper, then it'll sound a bit different each time, making it way more interesting, no matter your genre). Or to add some more snare and clap body, or to draw a lively hi-hat or tambourine rhythm, and many more things to do with it.

The Pitch control is available for all noises, except for the basic noises (white, pink, brown).

More preset filter options will be added very soon, too. Sorry that this took so long.

The 3.2 upgrade is free for ShaperBox 3 owners. Simply download it in your Cableguys account: https://www.cableguys.com/login.html

Or check the demo here: https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox.html

Winter Sale

And we've just launched our Winter Sale - get ShaperBox 3 for 89 EUR / 89 USD!

ShaperBox 3 Upgrades are also on discount.

You (cable)guys are on fire. Thanks for the updates!

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:03 pm 50% off NOIZE Textures - https://newloops.com/pages/special-offers
I've tried them a bit ago - great ones in there!

And you can integrate them in NoiseShaper - check the PDF manual on details, download the PDF manual on https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox-tutorials.html and see the section "User noise import".

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:13 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:03 pm 50% off NOIZE Textures - https://newloops.com/pages/special-offers
I've tried them a bit ago - great ones in there!

And you can integrate them in NoiseShaper - check the PDF manual on details, download the PDF manual on https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox-tutorials.html and see the section "User noise import".
Yes sorry, I was supposed to mention it's prefect for Noizeshaper. That was the point in the post. :)

thanks!

Oh that's interesting as I often shape some drums with ShaperBox already, especially the snare :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

thanks for the updates!! :) Shaperbox is amazing.

Trancit wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:35 pm I cannot imagine that Cableguys will take any time to investigate in this as you´ve got already a solution for FLS at hand with audio triggers...

The reason that LFO Tool got something like this comes from times where latency compensation in DAWs weren´t so common...
I doubt Steve would care nowadays if he would make something like this again so I wouldn´t hold my breath that Cableguys come up with an alternative just for FLS guys...
I think the wish is totally valid, however we always try to find a good balance between important features and "feature bloat". That having said, it depends a lot on how many users request it; if it comes up more often then we'll definitely consider it.

Of course much better would be if DAWs would fix their broken tempo sync information. Bitwig and some other proof that it can be done..

Return to “Effects”